Windows 10: To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card...

Discus and support To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have saw device and also smart card, but to login to saw device I need to generate the PIM for smart card.My laptop doesnt have smart card reader so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Priti Ethape INFOSYS, Mar 5, 2024.

1. To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card...

I have saw device and also smart card, but to login to saw device I need to generate the PIM for smart card.My laptop doesnt have smart card reader so Can you please help with the another way to solve this problem. I need to generate the PIM from UI or else login credentials for SAw device

:)

Priti Ethape INFOSYS, Mar 5, 2024

2. Windows 10 smart card login

Okay, so I wanted to set up my computer to log in via smart card as a secondary way to enter. I have a CAC and a CAC reader and I got them working. Here's the problem. I set the login via smart card enabled but it never setup a user or even registered my CAC as a login.... so now I am stuck locked out of my computer and every time I put in my pass code it says "you must use a smart card to sign in". How can I bypass this or reset my computer? This kinda erks me I jumped a coupe steps and jacked this up.

Cgriff1030, Mar 5, 2024
  3. Smart Card login accounts?

Are Smart Card logins to authenticate to login into Windows considered a Local User account or is it still a Domain User account?

Supposed a user gets provided a CAC or a PIV card to insert to their Smart Card reader to authenticate or logon to their Windows account, is it a Local Account that they use or a Domain account?

win10freak, Mar 5, 2024
  4. Berton Win User

To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card...

Windows 10 smart card login

What's a "CAC"?

Berton, Mar 5, 2024
Thema:

To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card...

1. To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card... - Similar Threads - login saw device

2. To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card...: I have saw device and also smart card, but to login to saw device I need to generate the PIM for smart card.My laptop doesnt have smart card reader so Can you please help with the another way to solve this problem. I need to generate the PIM from UI or else login credentials...
  3. To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card...: I have saw device and also smart card, but to login to saw device I need to generate the PIM for smart card.My laptop doesnt have smart card reader so Can you please help with the another way to solve this problem. I need to generate the PIM from UI or else login credentials...
  4. smart card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  5. smart card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  6. Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...: Hello everyone, I am writing to describe a problem I have trying to setup an Windows Domain environment for a Automation System. Normaly, in the past we did really basic Active Directry setup with policies regarding accounts, passwords, RDP, use of USB devices just standard...
  7. Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...: Hello everyone, I am writing to describe a problem I have trying to setup an Windows Domain environment for a Automation System. Normaly, in the past we did really basic Active Directry setup with policies regarding accounts, passwords, RDP, use of USB devices just standard...
  8. Smart Card login accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Smart Card login accounts?: Are Smart Card logins to authenticate to login into Windows considered a Local User account or is it still a Domain User account? Supposed a user gets provided a CAC or a PIV card to insert to their Smart Card reader to authenticate or logon to their Windows account, is it a...
  9. Smart card login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Smart card login: Hello,So I've enabled the smart card services on Win 2k19 and installed IIS. I've also enabled the GPO for smart-card authentication and Windows Hello for Business on the server. Could someone provide a step-by-step on actually enrolling the Yubi key? I have joined the...
  10. Windows login smart card

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows login smart card: Hi, Is it possible to use smart card for a local account in windows 10 v1809? What i can see it´s only possible with computers connected to a domain... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-login-smart-card/acbadc67-ad26-4545-9daf-6add4ed1974b