Windows 10: To make recovery drive (USB) win 10 for another PC

Discus and support To make recovery drive (USB) win 10 for another PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Compliments! I have LG H160 Tablet Atom 1.7 Ghz with 2 Gb RAM, 32 Bit system. Windows 8.1 was installed in it. on an update, it was creating problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dr. MuhammadAbid, Aug 9, 2018.

1. To make recovery drive (USB) win 10 for another PC

Compliments!

I have LG H160 Tablet Atom 1.7 Ghz with 2 Gb RAM, 32 Bit system. Windows 8.1 was installed in it. on an update, it was creating problem. Then I installed Win 10 32 Bit Version 1703. On an upgrade it became unresponsive. I tried to reset, restore it. but it didn't respond. I tried to restore previous Win 8.1 but it didn't restore. Perhaps system and boot files deleted or corrupted.

Now when I power on system each time, it goes to Boot Menu/ App Menu and BIOS setup. It is not going to Advanced Options/ Troubleshoot. When I tried to reinstall Win 10/ 8.1 by USB prepared from Windows Media Creation Tools and Rufus. Win 10 freezes at setup screen (Language, Time, Keyboard). Used keys for advanced Options, Safe Mode, Power + Vol Up/Down. But each time it moves to Boot/App Menu and BIOS setup.

Please guide, how may I recover proper boot, move to advanced Options/ Troubleshoot or reinstall Windows? May I prepare Win Recovery Drive/Boot recovery Drive (USB) from another computer having Win 10 64 Bit System?

Best regards,

Muhammad Abid

:)

Dr. MuhammadAbid, Aug 9, 2018

2. Recovery Drive for Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize USB Drive

When I try to create a Recovery Drive in Windows 10, Windows doesn't recognize the flash drive.

I'm following the instructions to create a Recovery Drive listed here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-recovery-drive

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice. (I was asked to confirm my choice, and I clicked "Yes".)

• When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected and then select
      Next.

• (Secret Step) Wait a minute or so for the "Please Wait" screen to finish thinking

• Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it ...
    The issue is that when I connect a USB drive to the PC, it doesn't appear on the "Connect a USB flash drive" screen as a drive that can be selected, and the "Next" button is grayed out.

However, when I look in File Explorer, I can see the USB drive plugged into the computer. Selecting Properties shows that Windows considers its Type to be "Removable Disk". (Sounds right to me.)

I'm not getting any error messages.

My environment:

A brand new Toshiba Sattelite C55-C5241 laptop with Windows 10 Home. It's never had anything other than Windows 10 on it - unless they upgraded it at the factory.

A brand new ativa 8GB USB flash drive. Note that the packaging for the USB drive does not include Windows 10 in the System Requirements, but seriously?

What I've tried:

• Plugging the flash drive into all three USB ports (USB 2, USB 2, and USB 3)
    • Reformatting the flash drive with FAT32
    • Restarting the computer with the flash drive plugged in
    • Turning off Real-Time Scanning in McAffee

I've seen a few threads with this issue in Windows 8, but none of the potential solutions in those threads have worked for me. So here I am asking the same question, but for Windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions for resolving this issue?

Thank you.

Ambisinister, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Win 10 recovery USB

Hi Alec,

A recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and resolve issues with your PC, even if it won’t start. To create one, all you need is a USB drive.

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive
      and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected and then select
      Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next
      > Create. A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC
      link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select
      Delete. If not, select
      Finish.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 9, 2018
  4. To make recovery drive (USB) win 10 for another PC

Win 10 USB recovery drive how to ?

my PC machine came with win 8 then I upgraded to win 8.1

and this summer I upgraded to Win 10

if I make a USB recovery drive

what size of USB key do I need?

I tried with a 16 GB and it does not work !

now on Win 10 do I still need to keep old recover disk for win 8 or 8.1

or only use win 10 USB recover key when it is done ?

thanks for any feedback

RickyJohn_747, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

To make recovery drive (USB) win 10 for another PC

1. To make recovery drive (USB) win 10 for another PC - Similar Threads - recovery drive USB

2. Making a Win 11 Home PC bootable from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making a Win 11 Home PC bootable from a USB drive: Win 11 Home installed on a new Lenovo ThinkBook. I want to be able to run utilities off a bootable USB drive. I have turned off Bitlocker drives confirmed as unencrypted, turned off Secure Boot and enabled USB booting in the UEFI BIOS but the PC still ignores the bootable USB...
  3. to make recovery drive usb win 10 for another pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    to make recovery drive usb win 10 for another pc: to make recovery drive usb win 10 for another pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-make-recovery-drive-usb-win-10-for-another-pc/ba23bd5d-1dda-418a-8f41-5e4263218494
  4. How to make a USB recovery drive in Windows 10 [VIDEO]

How to make a USB recovery drive in Windows 10 [VIDEO]: It's a good idea to create a recovery drive. That way, if your PC ever experiences a major issue such as hardware failure, you'll be able to use the recovery drive to reinstall Windows 10. You'll need a USB drive that's at least 16 gigabytes. Warning: Use an empty USB drive...
  5. Make bootable USB drive for Win 10

Make bootable USB drive for Win 10: Task is simple: Making a bootable USB drive with Windows 10 Education - English - 1909 version The hardware I want to use is a Zenbook 14-UX433FA with Endless OS installed (seems a linux distro, never heard of it before) The PC I am working at right now is a Desktop with...
  6. Win 10 recovery from USB recovery drive failed at 75%

Win 10 recovery from USB recovery drive failed at 75%: I tried recovering to a new HD in my HP 8001 tower. It had been intermittently failing to boot Win 10 x64. The "recover from device" failed at 75% from the USB drive I had created with this PC. I tried a recovery USB made from a Win 10 x64 notebook with the same result. I...
  7. win 10 recovery drive

win 10 recovery drive: the recovery drive deleted my data drive without prompting me I am saying this for the sake of clarity - that I did not choose a wrong option I created a recovery drive with the understanding that it would recover the operating system it did not recover the operating...
  8. win 10 recovery drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 10 recovery drive: the recovery drive deleted my data drive without prompting me I am saying this for the sake of clarity - that I did not choose a wrong option I created a recovery drive with the understanding that it would recover the operating system it did not recover the operating...
  9. Windows 10 usb recovery drive - how to make use of it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 usb recovery drive - how to make use of it: I have a couple of the Microsoft USB recovery drives and want to format them to use for other things. Does anyone know of a KNOWN method that can remove the READ ONLY from the drives? I think its silly to have these laying around and cant use them. If I ever need one I can...
  10. Make Windows/Bootable recovery Drive (USB) for another PC

Make Windows/Bootable recovery Drive (USB) for another PC: Compliments! I have LG H160 Tablet Atom 1.7 Ghz with 2 Gb RAM, 32 Bit system. Windows 8.1 was installed in it. on an update, it was creating problem. Then I installed Win 10 32 Bit Version 1703. On an upgrade it became unresponsive. I tried to reset, restore it. but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10professurnal recovery usb for another pc

2. restore win 10 with usb from another pc