Windows 10: to many passwords

Discus and support to many passwords in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; with windows 10 what's to easiest way to stop using passwords . would it be to buy a webcam and do facial recognition ? or a fingerprint scanner ? i'm... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by calvin, Aug 13, 2015.

1. calvin Win User

to many passwords

with windows 10 what's to easiest way to stop using passwords . would it be to buy a webcam and do facial recognition ? or a fingerprint scanner ? i'm using an HP desktop

:)

calvin, Aug 13, 2015
  2. lacrumb Win User

TOO MANY PASSWORDS

First; All caps is yelling. Please do not yell at the other users who make up the forum.

lacrumb, Aug 13, 2015
  3. TOO MANY PASSWORDS

I HAVE SO MANY PASSWORDS THEY WILL CHOKE A HORSE!!! WHY DO WE NEED SO MANY? IF WE HAVE TO RE-SET A PASSWORD ALMOST EVERY PROGRAM WILL NOT LET US USE A PASSWORD WHICH WE USED PREVIOUSLY. SO WE HAVE TO INVENT A NEW ONE "ON THE SPOT" AND TRY TO REMEMBER
    IT AND THEN REMEMBER TO PLACE IT INTO TRUE KEY OR WHATEVER ELSE WE USE TO KEEP OUR HEADS ON STRAIGHT!

THE CART IS DRAGGING THE HORSE HERE. WE ARE PAYING THE DOUGH! WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE THE SAME PASSWORD FOR EVERYTHING IF WE WANT. THIS IS MORE THAN RIDICULOUS. I HATE THIS DAMN COMPUTER BUT HAVE TO USE IT ALL THE TIME. LET'S STAND UP AND REBEL AGAINST
    THOSE EGG-HEADS WHO SAY WE HAVE TO KEEP CHANGING OUR PASSWORDS.

WHAT IF WE DO NOT WANT A PASSWORD FOR CERTAIN PROGRAMS? WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SKIP THEM THERE! IF MY NEW PASSWORD DOES NOT MATCH MY TRUE KEY THEN NOTHING GOES AHEAD AND WE GO IN CIRCLES. COMPUTER PROGRAMMERS WHO SAY WE MUST, WE HAVE TO, WE CAN NOT PROCEED
    WITHOUT CHANGING OUR PASSWORDS... ALL OF YOU JUMP IN THE LAKE! I'M SICK OF YOU. I AM RETIRED NOW AND MAYBE I'LL JUST DO OTHER THINGS INSTEAD OF WRENCHING MY GUTS ON THIS PETTY CRAP.

I REALLY "AM" TRYING HARD TO WATCH MY LANGUAGE. I AM A RETIRED PASTOR AND I CURSE MORE UNDER MY BREATH AND IN MY HEAD THAN I EVER DID OUTLOUD WHEN I WAS A POLICE OFFICER FOR 5 YEARS WORKING MY WAY THROUGH GRADUATE SCHOOL. HERE WE ARE ALL FOLLOWING A FEW
    RICH GEEKS LIKE LEMMINGS. AWAY WITH PASSWORDS. GIVE US ALL A FEW PIN NUMBERS AND FACE RECOGNITIONS TO REMEMBER US AND LEAVE US ALONE!!!!

John W. M. Struve, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

to many passwords

Brink, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Williams Win User
    When I did a clean install of Windows 10 to my SSD, and signed in with a Microsoft account, Windows asked me to create a small 4 digit pin, which is easy to remember . And that is what i have already done. 4 Digit pin works great for me.

Williams, Aug 13, 2015
  6. calvin Win User
    is there a way to get something to work on all sites that require a password ? I mean lets be real I now have passwords for everything from music sites to banking sites and its getting harder and harder to keep track of them all
    some kinda of biometric that would work across the board maybe ?

calvin, Aug 13, 2015
  7. If you are conscious about having so many online passwords and not being able to manage them all, there are good ways to stay secure and have easy access to all your site login credentials. I was going to post to you about a service I recently signed up for but then I thought I might be breaking a rule, which I would have been.

growapair30, Aug 13, 2015
  8. to many passwords

Since you're asking directly, I'll risk it. LastPass is what I started using. You create a master password and log in via a browser extension. The extension will save your login info and fill in the boxes for you. It will even generate random passwords for you if you tell it to.

growapair30, Aug 13, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's fine if you are posting to help with what the OP requested help with, but equally as good free options are preferred if available. *Smile

It's just not fine when it's being obviously spammed.

Brink, Aug 13, 2015
  10. Mystere Win User
    For those that are interested, I find LastPass's browser plug-ins are unstable and crash my browsers a lot (particularly IE). I also find their website to be ugly and difficult to use. Their user interface is horrible (although this might have changed since the last time I used it).

I much prefer Dashlane, which I find more stable and a very simple interface. But, to each their own.

To answer the original question, no... there is nothing built in to windows that will automatically deal with passwords for every service, every site, every app you might use. You need a password manager of some sort, like those mentioned to keep your passwords secure and safe, and easy to lookup.

They have browser plugins that will automatically log you in, generate secure passwords, and allow you to look them up manually if need be.

Mystere, Aug 13, 2015
  11. calvin Win User
    thanks for the help , I only have about 1/2 a normal persons eyesight and anything helps

calvin, Aug 13, 2015
  12. banger Win User
    I use a PIN to login to windows cant recommend any password manages although I think Lastpass has been hacked as it stores in the cloud and is always going to be a target. BTW in Win 8 you could only use 4 digits for PIN now in 10 you can use 5 or more.

banger, Aug 13, 2015
  13. Mystere Win User

to many passwords

Neither LastPass or Dashlane can be "hacked" in the way you're talking about. The reason is that the data is encrypted, and the keys are stored only on your computer. Even if a hacker hacks LastPass, and gets the data, it's useless because they don't have the keys. Even LastPass themselves can't access your data.

It's like a safe deposit box in a bank. It needs two keys, and one of them you have on you. Although, they can always drill the lock so it's not a perfect example, but assume they couldn't...

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

to many passwords

1. to many passwords - Similar Threads - many passwords

2. How do I unlock or reset my Laptop's password after too many attempts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlock or reset my Laptop's password after too many attempts.: I forgot the password of my pc and tried unlocking it. Now it says too many attempts. How do I reset it or unlock it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-or-reset-my-laptops-password-after/69a62f13-eafc-456e-9791-aee49e4d8e98
  3. How do I unlock or reset my Laptop's password after too many attempts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I unlock or reset my Laptop's password after too many attempts.: I forgot the password of my pc and tried unlocking it. Now it says too many attempts. How do I reset it or unlock it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-or-reset-my-laptops-password-after/69a62f13-eafc-456e-9791-aee49e4d8e98
  4. Windows says that I have entered too many incorrect passwords and need to type in a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows says that I have entered too many incorrect passwords and need to type in a...: My PC, which I believe runs on windows 11, is prone to crashing. It crashes a lot, and I didn't think was that bad. Earlier I wanted to play some games from my dad's xbox account on my pc, and so I tried logging in on it- but it required a device specific pin that I did not...
  5. Windows says that I have entered too many incorrect passwords and need to type in a...

Windows says that I have entered too many incorrect passwords and need to type in a...: My PC, which I believe runs on windows 11, is prone to crashing. It crashes a lot, and I didn't think was that bad. Earlier I wanted to play some games from my dad's xbox account on my pc, and so I tried logging in on it- but it required a device specific pin that I did not...
  6. error msg: oops, something went wrong. Someone has entered an incorrect password too many...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error msg: oops, something went wrong. Someone has entered an incorrect password too many...: error msg: oops, something went wrong. Someone has entered an incorrect password too many times. Your account has been temporarily locked. This has been over 24 hrs and still can't reset. what to try now?...
  7. error msg: oops, something went wrong. Someone has entered an incorrect password too many...

error msg: oops, something went wrong. Someone has entered an incorrect password too many...: error msg: oops, something went wrong. Someone has entered an incorrect password too many times. Your account has been temporarily locked. This has been over 24 hrs and still can't reset. what to try now?...
  8. i tried my password and failed too many times now it tells me incorrect password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i tried my password and failed too many times now it tells me incorrect password.: i tried the password too many times now it says incorredt password when its the right one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-my-password-and-failed-too-many-times-now/cf02c779-9301-4965-84a5-42ab2dc7f04e
  9. i tried my password and failed too many times now it tells me incorrect password.

i tried my password and failed too many times now it tells me incorrect password.: i tried the password too many times now it says incorredt password when its the right one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-my-password-and-failed-too-many-times-now/cf02c779-9301-4965-84a5-42ab2dc7f04e
  10. My laptop is locked due to wrong password to many times how can I unlock this

My laptop is locked due to wrong password to many times how can I unlock this: My laptop is locked due to wrong password to many times how can I unlock this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-locked-due-to-wrong-password-to-many/3dd76c64-2370-4000-b47e-a1c1e7a49e75