Windows 10: To speed up mouse scrolling speed in Firefox in Linux VirtualBox

Discus and support To speed up mouse scrolling speed in Firefox in Linux VirtualBox in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I was told by somebody here with VIP badges that I should not post here how to make Firefox run more smoothly in a Virtual Machine in Linux. It should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Antilope, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Antilope Win User

To speed up mouse scrolling speed in Firefox in Linux VirtualBox

I was told by somebody here with VIP badges that I should not post here how to make Firefox run more smoothly in a Virtual Machine in Linux. It should be in a Linux forum. So I moved it there.

:)

Antilope, Oct 28, 2015
  2. MikeY91 Win User

Scrolling problems after windows 10 upgrade

Hello:

Ever since i upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 i have been having issues with touchpad scrolling.

At first one finger scrolling was disabled, after i searched around i have come across the solution by upgrading the synaptic driver (by going through their own website not through windows updates).

That enabled the one finger scrolling, however, for some reason the system doesn't remember the scrolling speed that i have set.

For example: lets say I'm browsing with firefox, in order to scroll with 30 lines per scroll, i have to open firefox, then open mouse settings and change the scrolling speed (which is already 30 lines per scroll) up or down a little bit, after that the scrolling
    becomes normal.

if i close firefox, then open it again, the scrolling goes back to very slow, and i have to open the mouse settings again, this applies to any program and any window i open ! the settings still remember the scrolling speed i set but for some reason i have
    to change it up or down again for each window that i open if i want to apply those settings to that specific window.

This is very bizarre, and i hope that you can find a solution to that.

My PC is Toshiba Satellite C655, windows 10.

MikeY91, Oct 28, 2015
  3. page down scrolls too far

Hi,

Mouse scroll speed depends on what option did you assign on your device. You can adjust it to make it faster or slower. To do this, visit this link:

How to change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10
    for instructions.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Johann Eva, Oct 28, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Linux. in a windows forum??

BunnyJ, Oct 28, 2015
  5. Antilope Win User
    Using Linux in a Windows 10 VirtualBox. There is a lot of discussion about it in this forum. That's what I'm talking about. Am I wrong?

Antilope, Oct 28, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Still, wouldn't that be better in a Linux forum??

BunnyJ, Oct 28, 2015
  7. Antilope Win User
    I thought this forum was about making things run smoothly in a Virtual machine in Windows 10. Firefox was jumpy and I posted a solution. Stop being so narrow minded.

Antilope, Oct 28, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

I'm just yanking your chain. Have a good day. *Wink

BunnyJ, Oct 28, 2015
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    @Antilope

Quick Question for ya on Linux Mint, you know how to be able to install Linux Mint on to a USB stick, and have it actually boot IF the computer is running a GTX Nvidia 750Ti card??? Linux does not seem to support these cards.

OldMike65, Nov 3, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    Try running it in a VM first and see if it has the correct drivers. I suspect you can use Rufus to put the ISO to the USB stick.

BunnyJ, Nov 3, 2015
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    Well Jeff, I got a slight problem with that method. I have never made or used a VM in my Windows 10 Pro. But I do like playing around with Linux on a usb stick. So I would have to learn a lot more on making and using a VM......not sure I want too just to play around with Linux Mint. Also I have read, that Linux does not support my Nvidia card, no matter how its installed, without a lot of tweaking. *Smile

OldMike65, Nov 3, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    VM Ware Player is easy to use and I find it the best way to test Linux. There's a free version:
    free

And if you have questions just start a thread and you'll get lots of help. I'm going to be gone most of the day but there are others that will be happy to help you out.

It's worth a shot.. look at it this way. You'll learn a new skill and test Linux without committing to it.

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. To speed up mouse scrolling speed in Firefox in Linux VirtualBox - Similar Threads - speed mouse scrolling

2. Mouse speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse speed: I have an issue i have install windows10 on new drive i am lol player and every time i start a game my mouse speed keep changing and i have to go to the settings mouse and change cursor speed i did not have that issue before i have formatted my pc and change drive for...
  3. Mouse Speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Speed: Hello, I've got a problem with mouse properties. I recently got a new mouse, and it has a really high sensitivity. So I've tried a couple different ways to change it to a slower speed, but it isn't working. When I change the speed in settings and mouse properties, it works...
  4. Inconsistencies with scroll speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inconsistencies with scroll speed: I've been having an issue where my scroll speed would slow to practically useless levels. To fix it, I set the scroll speed in the settings to the maximum, which causes the scrolling to happen at a normal speed. Then, I close the settings window, which causes the speed to...
  5. Mouse Speed

Mouse Speed: My wireless mouse failed. I plugged in an old MicroSoft hard wired mouse and updated it. HOW DO I MAKE IT MOVE FASTER? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-speed/6866ee12-60a0-4b9f-b0db-3f27ef2bcb88
  6. Mouse speed

Mouse speed: For some time I've been using laptops with MWB's and for 8months I now use powerful towers. When scrolling to other PC, mouse speeds up?.. Yes, I have ticked >toher options>Move mouse relatively on one, either one or both, No go. Can anyone help? I have only just updated but...
  7. Middle mouse scrolling maximum speed

Middle mouse scrolling maximum speed: I'm doing a lot of Excel work at the moment so need to be able to scroll efficiently vertically and horizontally. I find the speed of the middle mouse hold scrolling really frustrating, since it goes very slow then immediately jumps to insanely fast and I'm down at row 20000....
  8. Scroll speed difference

in Windows 10 Support
    Scroll speed difference: Hope this is in the correct forum. On my laptop (i3, 12Gb, ssd) In MS Edge when srolling using the mouse the speed is fine. If I use the up/down arrows it's much slower. The hardware is Synaptecs Touchpad 7.5, HID keyboard device and i have the repeat speed set to short. It...
  9. Mouse problems - not scrolling, resetting speed

Mouse problems - not scrolling, resetting speed: Hi, I have a very strange and annoying problem. I bought a new mouse A4tech Bloody V7, I installed the software and everything seemed to be working fine. Then my PC went into the sleep mode and when I woke it up I realised that the mouse scroll doesn't work. I restarted the...
  10. Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10: How to: Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10 [img] Information You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. You can set the number of lines the screen will scroll for each notch of mouse wheel movement, or scroll an entire screen of text for each...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scrolling slow firefox windows 10