Windows 10: To turn USB Filter ON by using DISM.

Discus and support To turn USB Filter ON by using DISM. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ALL my USB HUBS on this PC (Win.10(Pro) are NOT working after April Updates(1803). I tried to use Admin Command but, not successful. Result copy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by malabs, Aug 11, 2018.

1. malabs Win User

To turn USB Filter ON by using DISM.

ALL my USB HUBS on this PC (Win.10(Pro) are NOT working after April Updates(1803). I tried to use Admin Command but, not successful.

Result copy attached:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName: ISKU-USBFilter
    Error: 87
    The /FeatureName: option is missing a required argument.
    For more information, refer to the help for the /FeatureName: option.
    The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>

How do I solve the problem?

Mike

:)

malabs, Aug 11, 2018
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

To turn USB Filter ON by using DISM. [​IMG]

Try0x101, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Filter Keys

Hi,

Filter Keys are part of the Ease of Access features in Windows 10 that can help users control the keypress repeat rate and ignore the repeated keys. This setting can be disabled by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click Ease of Access.
    • Click Change how your keyboard works.
    • Click Set up Filter Keys.
    • Uncheck Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds.
    • Uncheck Turn on Filter Keys.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if you were able to turn Filter Keys off after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 11, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

1. To turn USB Filter ON by using DISM. - Similar Threads - turn USB Filter

2. Data WIM using DISM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data WIM using DISM: Dear Support Team,Can anyone guide me how to add Data Wim in Answer file using Windows System Image Manager Windows 10 with real life example. I was able to create Data Wim using DISM but got stuck at further steps....
  3. Using DISM with a downloaded image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using DISM with a downloaded image: I'm trying to repair a windows 10 installation that is unstable even in safe mode.Within the recovery environment sfc reports errorsdism / online failsso I'm trying to use DISM with a downloaded image on a USB drive.wmic logicaldisk get name shows the USB drive as drive E:...
  4. DISM /Source option how to use a USB flash drive as the source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /Source option how to use a USB flash drive as the source: Hi I have hit several critical errors where my laptop fails to boot or start correctly.I have managed to get the laptop working and I have tried the followingRunning windows update and I am up to date Running sfc/scannow – gives a message about corrupt files found So I I...
  5. DISM /Source option how to use a USB flash drive as the source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM /Source option how to use a USB flash drive as the source: Hi I have hit several critical errors where my laptop fails to boot or start correctly.I have managed to get the laptop working and I have tried the followingRunning windows update and I am up to date Running sfc/scannow – gives a message about corrupt files found So I I...
  6. DISM /Source option how to use a USB flash drive as the source

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Filter keys not turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Filter keys not turning off: So, basically I try to do anything but filter keys is on so I go to the little startup thing to turn it off, and its already off, so I press shift 5 times, nothing I hols shift for 8 seconds, nothing WHAT DO I DO submitted by /u/that-drawinguy [link] [comments]...
  8. Unable to turn on MAC filtering

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to turn on MAC filtering: Hello, New gateway, set up mac filtering and blocked devices still connecting. Dual band and doesn't appear to allow mac filtering on 5 MHz channel, possibly due to inability to turn off WPS service. Gateway says WPS is turned off. No option to alter 5 MHz channel. Can I...
  9. USB turned useless after used for Readyboost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB turned useless after used for Readyboost: Hi I used my usb flash drive for ReadyBoost, but now the flash drive became useless. The windows promotes to format but give message 'The disk is write protected'. I checked the flash drive's property the drive is completely full. I tried to remove write protection using...
  10. Has anyone used DISM++ ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone used DISM++ ?: Hi - I found this and wanted to know if anyone has used it or not. Looks like eye candy to me, so I wanted to inquire. DISM++ is a Windows OS Image Customizer and Size Reducer Thanks. *Smile 139408