Windows 10: To upgrade or not

Discus and support To upgrade or not in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Currently running win 10 32 bit and 64 bit on my system as a dual boot(see specs). I currently have 4gb of memory installed and my p35 board will take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by banger, Jan 18, 2016.

1. banger Win User

To upgrade or not

Currently running win 10 32 bit and 64 bit on my system as a dual boot(see specs). I currently have 4gb of memory installed and my p35 board will take 8gb ram max.

I am using the 32 bit as main boot but could install my programs on the 64 bit os and install 8gb for £89, is it worth it? I don't use any memory hungry programs and have an SSD on both partitions, so is the 8gb upgrade worth it?

Tim

:)

banger, Jan 18, 2016
  2. bejoyim Win User

To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade (N80)

I had 4.07 and since i did not want the service codes I was fine with it and quite stable for me.

The new version v5 has bought in lots of probs for me.

bejoyim, Jan 18, 2016
  3. patc---01 Win User
    To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade (N80)

Just trawled through the huge thread on the new firmware. While there are an awful lot of complaints, some earlier posts were quite positive.

Which leaves me (and probably a lot of other people) pretty confused: if and when my network (Vodafone UK) finally gets around to releasing V5, should I install for it?

I currently have version 4.0623 which is ancient and non-IE but - and here's the critical thing - is very stable.

Is there anything in V5 that would make it worth the risk of upgrading?

patc---01, Jan 18, 2016
  4. To upgrade or not

We really can't tell you that, unfortunately. If you find yourself using all of your 4 GB of memory, then yes, you should upgrade. If you aren't, then that extra memory isn't going to get used.

That being said, I don't see the point of dual-booting the same OS on the same computer. Given that you have 4 GB of memory, your system can't even see all 4 GB when you are running under the 32 bit side. If it was me, I'd only run 64 bit from here on out. If you find yourself needing extra memory, you could drop it in without needing to change OSes, and it would be fully recognized. If you don't need to upgrade, at least the system would be able to fully recognize the 4 GB you have already.

DeaconFrost, Jan 18, 2016
  5. banger Win User
    Drivers is the point of dual booting, some hardware I use hasnt got 64 bit drivers, I would keep the 32 bit OS as a backup for some video hardware I have without 64 bit drivers. Also I would have to set up all my programs again on the 64 bit OS as well as buy the memory. I currently have 1.37gb free RAM on the 32 bit system so no worrys there.

I think I am talking myself out of hassle and spending money LOL

banger, Jan 18, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    A RAM upgrade is probably not worth it. It is good that you have the SSDs.

7. banger Win User
    Yes my old system takes longer on the BIOS screen and almost instant on win 10 boot.

banger, Jan 18, 2016
  8. WHS
    whs Win User

To upgrade or not

Same here. The BIOS is the problem.

Thema:

To upgrade or not

1. To upgrade or not - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure: A bit of conflict between a windows 10 upgrading to windows 11 update failure discovered while attempting to install McAfee Scanning Tool. Windows error: This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11....
  3. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure: A bit of conflict between a windows 10 upgrading to windows 11 update failure discovered while attempting to install McAfee Scanning Tool. Windows error: This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11....
  4. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but the PC health check states, "The processor isn't currently supported for windows 11." However, the processor appears in the list of Microsoft Windows 10 22H2 Supported Intel Processors. How can this be that I cannot upgrade if my...
  6. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but the PC health check states, "The processor isn't currently supported for windows 11." However, the processor appears in the list of Microsoft Windows 10 22H2 Supported Intel Processors. How can this be that I cannot upgrade if my...
  7. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?: I know I have to purchase Windows 10 and upgrade to it, then use the free upgrade to Windows 11, but I don’t know how to safely do this, and where to legally/safely purchase Windows 10.Thanks...
  9. How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?

How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?: I know I have to purchase Windows 10 and upgrade to it, then use the free upgrade to Windows 11, but I don’t know how to safely do this, and where to legally/safely purchase Windows 10.Thanks...
  10. How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?

How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?: Recently i need to install some software and found it not compatible with my osWindow 7 Pro, then i search thought the microsoft Community regarding update to window 10 from window 7 pro. Unfortunately the "Create Windows 10 installation media" not work for my case. i keep...