Windows 10: Today's Windows update - "windows update" missing from control panel

Discus and support Today's Windows update - "windows update" missing from control panel in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Well apparently there was a massive Windows update yesterday - which installed itself this morning. I say massive, because despite having a good... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Huron, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Huron Win User

Today's Windows update - "windows update" missing from control panel

Well apparently there was a massive Windows update yesterday - which installed itself this morning. I say massive, because despite having a good desktop CPU & fast SSD, it took more than 10 minutes to update, which is surprising.

I noticed the "Windows Update" options are now missing from the control panel - which does not allow me to see any details about the updates that were installed.
    I also noticed a new icon in/near the system tray, the icon says "People" if you mouseover. I'm tempted to click it but was hoping to know what it is all about first.

:)

Huron, Nov 15, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Nov 15, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Today's Windows update - "windows update" missing from control panel :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Today's Windows update - "windows update" missing from control panel :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Today's Windows update - "windows update" missing from control panel :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Today's Windows update - "windows update" missing from control panel :)

musum, Nov 15, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, could you tell us what your current build is?
    Windows key + R, winver

Windows update disappeared from the Control Panel a couple of major builds or so back.
    Slowly MS is migrating things to Settings, where you can find:

Today's Windows update - "windows update" missing from control panel [​IMG]

In the Control Panel you can still find

(Caveat- my build is 1703.. you may have upgraded to 1709)

dalchina, Nov 15, 2017
  5. BRKKAB Win User
    You obviously got the Fall Creators Update yesterday. That's why you see the new People icon on the taskbar.
    Just run Windows Update a few times until your pc is updated. Patch Tuesday was Tuesday, so W10 FCU got a newer version to fix bugs.
    From experience with Windows 10 1709 (Fall Creators Update), go over your settings in the Settings app to change to your liking. Also recheck your power options, too.
    You'll probably need to change a few settings to your liking again.

BRKKAB, Nov 15, 2017
  6. topgundcp Win User
    MS is slowly taking item(s) out of control panel but you can still access directly. For Windows Updates:
    Win+R and type: control.exe /name Microsoft.WindowsUpdate
    You can create a shortcut using the command above or put it in right click context menu. Below is the reg file. Just unzip, double click on the file to merge into registry.

topgundcp, Nov 15, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    This one is still in 1709's Control Panel though. It's found in...
    Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features > View installed updates.

8. topgundcp Win User

we were talking about this screen and Windows Updates Icon for it in control panel was taken out. Has nothing to do with Programs and Features

topgundcp, Nov 15, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 15, 2017
  10. Huron Win User
    Thanks for all the answers, it must have been the update to 1709 (current version)

Huron, Nov 15, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Today's Windows update - "windows update" missing from control panel - Similar Threads - Today's update update

2. Control panel missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Control panel missing: I were having some problems with my computer. Tried to download and install an old game. Think something happened with my computer. I can't find the control panel anywhere. Anyone who might be able to help? submitted by /u/DankestGuide [link] [comments]...
  3. Installed updates are missing in Control Panel section of Installed updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed updates are missing in Control Panel section of Installed updates: Hi, I would like to uninstall certain updates for the month of March but it seems impossible hence I need your advice.I can see the updates in update history with dates and everything.When I hit uninstall updates, these updates are nowhere to be seen,save for only the latest...
  4. Control Panel/ Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel/ Windows update: I was looking through my control panel this morning and I saw Update for Windows 10 for x64-based system(kb40...... as one of the apps installed on january 11 2018 and I was wondering if I should delete it...
  5. Windows update is not in the control panel,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update is not in the control panel,: Windows update is not in the control panel, where is it? 14814
  6. After update to 9926 no Windows Update in Control Panel

After update to 9926 no Windows Update in Control Panel: Just updated from 8.1 Pro X64 to W10 TP. After update i do not have Windows Update in the Control Panel. The only way I can get to Windows Update is by entering wuapp in the Run box. Also, Start button not working. Click on it and nothing happens. FIx was supposedly...
  7. Windows Update missing in Control Panel

Windows Update missing in Control Panel: Hi, yep, it's gone. Not there- and I don't know when or why. So considering restore points and disk images may not be the most appropriate (i.e. would be a random option timewise). I found these fixes (the same registry mod): Windows Update in Windows 10 Control Panel...
  8. Remove Update Windows 10 from Control Panel Check For Updates

Remove Update Windows 10 from Control Panel Check For Updates: I'm trying to intstall updates for Windows 7 in Control Panel/Check for updates/Install Updates, but Upgrade to Windows 10 is on screen and I can't seem to proceed without the update. I already tried it and I don't like it so backed out. I don't want to upgrade and want it...
  9. Programs Missing From Control Panel List

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List: Trying to uninstall some apps. Some are missing from Control Panel uninstall list of apps How can I find them? Windows 10 37229
  10. Missing control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing control panel: I am unable to find my Control Panel today. I see the words control panel when I right click on the menu after clicking on the start button. But nothing happens. It does not open. I have been researching it all day but to no avail. I am using an Acer laptop and I updated to...