Windows 10: Toggling audio HDMI output issue with windows losing detection

Discus and support Toggling audio HDMI output issue with windows losing detection in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I realize this is an audio issue but since it is audio over hdmi I figured this was the correct forum. I am running the latest Windows 10 build and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jmsnyc, Jan 17, 2017.

1. jmsnyc Win User

Toggling audio HDMI output issue with windows losing detection

I realize this is an audio issue but since it is audio over hdmi I figured this was the correct forum.

I am running the latest Windows 10 build and graphics drivers. I just updated using the Intel utility but problem occurring before and after, however I am not sure if the Intel Display audio is updated along with it. I cannot find it as a standalone on Intel site and windows device mgr says it is up to date. The version is 10.22.0.96

I am running an HP Envy Desktop 750-437c using onboard graphics Intel 530 with two hdmi outputs. I realize Windows (rather annoyingly) limits audio output through both at the same time by default so rather than use a software solution or a splitter , I just toggle the display audio output. I tried nircmd originally to do this but now I have been resorting to using the volume icon in the system tray. Windows 10 conveniently now allows you to toggle audio between audio outputs without going into playback devices. Left click on the volume icon and if more than one device is detected you click the down arrow and select it.

In general this works fine. However occasionally I get the issue where one of the connected audio devices is not detected or rather loses detection because it occurs without powering off. Windows still detects the two displays, however, through the same two hdmi cables that are suppose to carry the audio. The display is also lost in playback devices dialog box. The only way to workaround the issue is to log in and out of windows ( a full restart is not necessary) yet this bug is still annoying.

One thing that complicates the issue is that both my display are Samsung televisions, though different they appear with the same name in playback devices when they are both detected. I can rename one but it does not persist after reboot,

:)

jmsnyc, Jan 17, 2017
  2. kevfas Win User

no sound through hdmi to tv

HDMI cable is fine, not shown in display or audio

kevfas, Jan 17, 2017
  3. no sound through hdmi to tv

Were you able to change HDMI cable? Please go to Device manager and check if HDMI cable is detected. It maybe under display or Audio inputs and outputs. If found, please uninstall and reinstall the device.

let us know how it goes.

Robert Caw, Jan 17, 2017
  4. Toggling audio HDMI output issue with windows losing detection

Essentially +1 to this enquiry!!
    I'm losing HDMI connection when machine idle for some time....then re-boot required to regain it
    Please help!

misterkevster, Feb 3, 2017
  5. batlhilz Win User
    download HP support assistant and check all the drivers with it. helps solving quite few problems. ofc, the support assistant works only with the HP machines.

batlhilz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Toggling audio HDMI output issue with windows losing detection

1. Toggling audio HDMI output issue with windows losing detection - Similar Threads - Toggling audio HDMI

2. HDMI audio output not detected/recognize after turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI audio output not detected/recognize after turn off: Laptop: MSI GF63 Thin 10SCXRWindow 11The audio output option of my monitor is gone from my pc when I turn on the monitor again. When I turn on the monitor again, the HDMI audio output in my device option is gone like it never exist in the first place. The only way to solve...
  3. HDMI audio output not detected/recognize after turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI audio output not detected/recognize after turn off: Laptop: MSI GF63 Thin 10SCXRWindow 11The audio output option of my monitor is gone from my pc when I turn on the monitor again. When I turn on the monitor again, the HDMI audio output in my device option is gone like it never exist in the first place. The only way to solve...
  4. Not detecting HDMI audio on restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not detecting HDMI audio on restart: I have a problem with the HDMI connection of my PC.When I start my computer after it has been shut down, there are no problem and the speaker of my monitor a TV are detected and the sound comes from the TV through NVIDIA. There are also no problems if I put the PC in sleep...
  5. Not detecting HDMI audio on restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not detecting HDMI audio on restart: I have a problem with the HDMI connection of my PC.When I start my computer after it has been shut down, there are no problem and the speaker of my monitor a TV are detected and the sound comes from the TV through NVIDIA. There are also no problems if I put the PC in sleep...
  6. Not detecting HDMI audio on restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. HDMI Output Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI Output Audio: I connected my HDMI to my TV and attempted to play output audio through the secondary device but it is not detected in my sound settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-audio/518ee249-2648-404a-8e83-6a078caf080b
  8. Audio output not detected.

Audio output not detected.: My laptop got shut down because the battery died. But as soon as i restarted the device , it is not detecting any audio output and there is a red cross appearing on the speaker icon in the task bar. I have tried reinstalling the drivers but that did not work. Can anyone...
  9. losing HDMI audio

losing HDMI audio: Hi, On my Intel NUC with i3-4010U, using Windows 10 Education 1090, build 18363.720 The only way I can get audio over HDMI: - remove the IntelR Display Audio driver which provides audio to my Philips TV Date 18-mar-2019, version 10.0.18362.1 and also with some older...
  10. Audio Output Not Detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Output Not Detected: My laptop will not detect my headphones when plugging into the audio jack. Though it does know somethings there because a popup comes up asking me what device I just plugged in. Regardless, I cannot switch from laptop speakers to headphones. I've reinstalled audio drivers and...