Windows 10: Told to contact admin - but i am admin!

Discus and support Told to contact admin - but i am admin! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wanted to save a txt file to C: and got told I didn't have permission to save in that location: contact admin. But I have admin, am an administrator.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Jul 13, 2018.

1. abrogard Win User

Told to contact admin - but i am admin!

I wanted to save a txt file to C: and got told I didn't have permission to save in that location: contact admin. But I have admin, am an administrator.

How does all that work?

p.s. sharing is enabled. Administrators have full control.

:)

abrogard, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Matt18 Win User
    admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Jul 13, 2018
  4. freeboy Win User

admin password?

my repair windows install keeps failing due to "what is admin password" ?
    How do I either find it? It is my computer and Ia am the admin or change it? this is for disk D and It is booting from c...

freeboy, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Told to contact admin - but i am admin! - Similar Threads - Told contact admin

2. Restrictions In Effect... Contact Admin... I AM the Admin!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restrictions In Effect... Contact Admin... I AM the Admin!: HI allLong story short, I have been running Windows 7 Pro for YEARS and now need to set up all my "stuff" in Windows 10. Most programs, etc I have been able to figure out BUT I need help with Outlook right now.I have Office 2003 installed and it all seems to be working OK....
  3. Restrictions In Effect... Contact Admin... I AM the Admin!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restrictions In Effect... Contact Admin... I AM the Admin!: HI allLong story short, I have been running Windows 7 Pro for YEARS and now need to set up all my "stuff" in Windows 10. Most programs, etc I have been able to figure out BUT I need help with Outlook right now.I have Office 2003 installed and it all seems to be working OK....
  4. Restrictions In Effect... Contact Admin... I AM the Admin!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how do i contact the IT admin

how do i contact the IT admin: so i saw that Windows 11 will be coming soon and I decided to check the pc health app they have in the official Microsoft, I downloaded the app from Microsoft and checked to see if it would work on my old computer that had been here for 9 years and then it gave me this pop...
  6. Need admin privileges but I am the admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need admin privileges but I am the admin: I am trying to install an app that I know is safe, but windows 10 is blocking me from doing so. It is telling me that the admin is blocking it, though I am logged on to the admin account. I cannot deploy my C# application due to this error. I am on an ASUS laptop...
  7. I am no longer an admin

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I am no longer an admin: I lent my laptop to grandkids for remote learning. Then it broke and I am trying to fix it. Now I have it back and feel I have to re-install windows. But I no longer have admin authority. Is there a way to extract the existing Windows activation key? Is there a way to...
  8. I need admin access when I am the admin

I need admin access when I am the admin: When I go to change my time zone in control panel, it says I need administrator access when I am in an admin account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-admin-access-when-i-am-the-admin/44b16390-a6de-4f5c-aec2-67f350c8fad8
  9. No Admin privileges but i am admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Admin privileges but i am admin: Hi guys, I am having troubles with my pc,it it been a couple of month i have tried almost everything. My Pc Win 10 home Architecture 64 bit i5/8gb/4gb nvidia 1650 Symptoms •100% gpu usage. •Glitches while playing video. •High temperature without performing tasks....
  10. I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin: I bought a new laptop and activated my win 10 OS. I was able to install new programs for awhile,but something changed and now I can't download new programs or update existing programs. Whenever I try to do either,a UAC windows pops-up and tells me to sign-in as Admin and the...