Windows 10: Mute Conversation Notifications from Messaging app in Windows 10

Discus and support Mute Conversation Notifications from Messaging app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Mute Conversation Notifications from Messaging app in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Mute Conversation Notifications from Messaging app in Windows 10

How to: Mute Conversation Notifications from Messaging app in Windows 10

Mute Conversation Notifications from Messaging app in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565, Skype messaging, calling and video capabilities come integrated into Windows 10 through the Messaging, Phone, and Skype video universal Windows apps.

You can send Skype instant messages as SMS text messages from the Messaging app on your Windows 10 PC to other Skype users across phones, over 3G/4G and Wi-Fi tablets and to PCs Wi-Fi.

This tutorial will show you how to mute or unmute seeing notifications for conversations from the Messaging app for your account in Windows 10.

Note Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14327, Skype integration in the Messaging app in this build of Windows 10 Mobile has been removed. This is so Skype can streamline your experience, replacing the integration with the Skype UWP Preview app for mobile in an upcoming build. In the meantime, you can use the existing Skype for Windows Phone app available in the Windows Store.

Here's How:

1. Open the Messaging app from All apps.

2. Do step 3 (mute) or step 4 (unmute) below for what you would like to do.

3. To Mute Conversation to Stop Receiving Notifications for it
    A) Right click or press and hold on a conversation you want to mute, and click/tap on Mute. (see screenshot below)

B) Click/tap on Mute to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4. To Unmute Conversation to Start Seeing Notifications for it Again
    A) Right click or press and hold on a conversation you want to unmute, and click/tap on Unmute. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 6, 2017

2. Text Message Notification Sound

The "text notification" only plays if you are not actively looking at that conversation. The "alternate notification" (ding!) plays when a message is added to the conversation that is currently being viewed.

Here is an example:

• Your phone is in your pocket and the screen is off
    • Your phone makes the "text notification" sound.
    • You pick up your phone, activate the screen, pull down the action bar, and touch your new message
    • You are now inside the messaging interface, viewing the message.
    • IF you stay on this screen, all subsequent messages to this conversation will result only in the "alternate notification" (ding!) sound
    • If you leave this screen (another app, or the home screen) your "text notification" sound will play
    This behavior cannot be altered in the current version of the software. My suggestion is to either simply read your messages from the notification area and swipe them away, or else read your messages from the app and then return to the home screen.

AlbuquerqueFX, Oct 26, 2019
  3. pruoccojr Win User
    Is it possible to ungroup message "conversations" ?

I love the mail app, but I HATE the way it groups emails into conversations. I'd much rather have it list each message individually. Is that a possibility in Windows 10 Mail?

pruoccojr, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Mute Conversation Notifications from Messaging app in Windows 10

SPORTS APP - Not getting Notifications on Windows 10

Yes me too! Only with my FB app which was already installed when I upgraded to W10. wont load and was removed from my Notification List, I miss getting my messages via notifications, I did all the steps suggested but still nothing

CookieRamirez, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Berton Win User
    Is it possible to ungroup message "conversations" ?

I'm not sure but it may be like Windows Live Mail in which one can click the Date at the top of the message list then an icon will show in one of the ribbon choices. Clicking the Conversations will allow turning it off. I don't have WLM installed but look in the various tabs for it, might be in View.

Berton, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Windows 10 - Notification Settings not showing Apps?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience. I will definitely assist you.

I appreciate the steps that you have done. I suggest you please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Type notification on the search bar and click on
      notification & action settings.

• And click on select which icons appear on the taskbar.

• Turn on show app notification separately for each app.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Mute Conversation Notifications from Messaging app in Windows 10

1. Mute Conversation Notifications from Messaging app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mute Conversation Notifications

2. Notification/error message in apps & features, in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification/error message in apps & features, in settings: Hi,I get the following message every time i open apps tab in settings: "sign into your Microsoft account to continue app experience across devices". It started after a clean install of windows 11.I have tried to create a local account, restart, then log onto my Microsoft...
  3. Conversion from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Conversion from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I bought the conversion package for $139.00 and it doesn't work. I spent most of yesterday talking to on-line support without success. I give up. I would like to get my money back. How do I get my money back? *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. Notifications mute other sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications mute other sound: Hello, I'm faced with the following conundrum. I will usually have youtube documentaries etc or an audiobook running in the background. Then, one of my few friends will send me a message via Facebook Messenger, which I receive via theMessenger app for Win 10. So far, so...
  5. Windows 10 Conversion

Windows 10 Conversion: I'm not a computer whiz, had no classes, basically learned on my own, over the years. When Windows 10 did their recent update or conversion or whatever you call it, I lost all of my documents, pictures, & all of my settings! Is there a way to get them back, or do I have to...
  6. Conversion to Windows 10 from Wondows 7

Conversion to Windows 10 from Wondows 7: If I convert from Windows 7 to Windows 10, how do I transfer all of my bookmarked sites and saved passwords from Win 7 to Win 10? Is this even possible?...
  7. Conversion from 10 Ent to 10 Pro

Conversion from 10 Ent to 10 Pro: I have Win 10 Enterprise (not a trial) on my laptop. How do I convert to 10 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/conversion-from-10-ent-to-10-pro/985179a1-fb1c-45d4-abe7-69ec4e03d260
  8. Is it possible to ungroup message "conversations" ?

in Browsers and Email
    Is it possible to ungroup message "conversations" ?: I love the mail app, but I HATE the way it groups emails into conversations. I'd much rather have it list each message individually. Is that a possibility in Windows 10 Mail? 10814
  9. Notification from apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification from apps.: Show notification from these apps has only onedrive and feedback. How to add apps like calender etc? 8046
  10. Delete Conversations in Messaging app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Conversations in Messaging app in Windows 10: How to: Delete Conversations in Messaging app in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565, Skype messaging, calling and video capabilities come integrated into Windows 10 through the Messaging, Phone, and Skype video universal...