Windows 10: Tons of BSODs at seemingly random intervals

Discus and support Tons of BSODs at seemingly random intervals in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So after upgrading to Win 10 I'm starting to get tons of BSODs, and I really have no idea why. So far, I've gotten that I've written down: kmode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by denlock, Dec 9, 2015.

1. denlock Win User

Tons of BSODs at seemingly random intervals

So after upgrading to Win 10 I'm starting to get tons of BSODs, and I really have no idea why. So far, I've gotten that I've written down:

kmode exception not handled
    irql not less or equal
    page fault in nonpaged area
    kernel security check failure

And all of them at different times. Sometimes when downloading files, others simply at the log in screen. At one point, my computer kept restarting. I'd get to the log screen, then it would restart. Then over and over until I logged in and started writing this post.

I'll give any other information I can, but for now here is the file I used with the posting instructions thread. I really need help with this. I can't really play games or download anything with any level of confidence and it's driving my nuts. Thanks.

:)

denlock, Dec 9, 2015

2. Extended Displays In Windows 10 Not Working Properly

Hi,

I tried this solution. Didn't work. Now my screen just randomly turns black for seemingly random intervals. Last time I ever trust the advice of a Microsoft representative.

BenmBrennan, Dec 9, 2015
  3. Neilcs Win User
    Seemingly random BSODs

Running with verifier crashed immediately upon booting. Dump file is here: 100616 crash dump

Crash was caused by intcdaud.sys.

On Fri 10/7/2016 12:10:53 AM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100616-22468-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: intcdaud.sys (IntcDAud+0x1F602)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2000, 0xFFFFF802DFC1F602, 0x0, 0x20437A41)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intcdaud.sys

product: Intel(R) Display Audio

company: Intel(R) Corporation

description: Intel(R) Display Audio Driver

Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: intcdaud.sys (Intel(R) Display Audio Driver, Intel(R) Corporation).

Google query: Intel(R) Corporation DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

On Fri 10/7/2016 12:10:53 AM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: intcdaud.sys (IntcDAud+0x1F602)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2000, 0xFFFFF802DFC1F602, 0x0, 0x20437A41)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intcdaud.sys

product: Intel(R) Display Audio

company: Intel(R) Corporation

description: Intel(R) Display Audio Driver

Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: intcdaud.sys (Intel(R) Display Audio Driver, Intel(R) Corporation).

Google query: Intel(R) Corporation DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Neilcs, Dec 9, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Because it is an upgrade, please consider a clean install if you haven't yet done it.
    With the upgrade, several bugs may appear that causes system instability.
    The best way to fix them is a clean install.
    Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

From the several different crashes, there are only 2 in the attached zip.
    Please check {windows partition}\windows\minidump and check if there are any dump files saved.
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial
    Code: Event[14730]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2015-12-09T23:09:09.000 Event ID: 1005 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: KARA Description: Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file.[/quote]

axe0, Dec 9, 2015
  5. denlock Win User
    I haven't been able to do a clean install yet, since I have a lot of info on my harddrive that I'd like to save that can't be moved safely yet, but I did reconfigure minidumps to work correctly. I also crashed a few more times, so I have another zip file. I'll come back to this thread in the future if there's nothing that can be done with what I have now.

denlock, Dec 10, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please uninstall Avast while troubleshooting and use Window Defender as alternative
    Driver Reference Table - aswSnx.SYS
    Driver Reference Table - aswSP.SYS
    Code: ffffd000`309188a8 fffff800`7f6f5c0cUnable to load image aswSnx.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys aswSnx+0x55c0c ffffd000`309186c8 fffff800`7f634e74Unable to load image aswSP.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.sys aswSP+0x14e74[/quote] Code: ffffd000`665f8f48 fffff800`24278645Unable to load image aswSnx.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys aswSnx+0xf8645[/quote]

7. denlock Win User
    Is Avast not a good program or not good with Windows 10? Is Windows Defender better?

denlock, Dec 10, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Avast is currently causing trouble, I'm suggesting to remove it to improve the system stability.
    When your system is again 100% stable you may install it again if you want *Smile

9. denlock Win User
    So, I uninstalled Avast, and have gotten some more restarts. Hopefully we're getting somewhere. And thanks so much for your help.

denlock, Dec 11, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
  11. denlock Win User
    I did delete the old dumps - thought they were done with. I also ran CCcleaner and it did some registry changes. I also used the command chkdsk /f. Other than that, nothing. I will be doing your suggestions sometime tonight.

denlock, Dec 11, 2015
  12. denlock Win User
    So, I'm still waiting for ESET to get finished up so I want to ask if I did anything wrong with my actions in the last post. I should still have those dmp files in the recycle bin. I am also wondering if ESET is supposed to take several hours.

I'm more than patient, but any other scans I've done have been fairly fast. That, and I've had difficulty finishing other troubleshooting because of BSOD interference. I'm almost 3 hours in and only 43%. Impressive I haven't crashed yet, but still disheartening.

I should also tell you I'm starting to get more crashes that cut any signal to the monitor and then I get a beeep______beeep______ and on and on.

Hopefully that narrows things. That and I got an error yesterday, I believe, that said there were registry errors. Only got that one once.

denlock, Dec 12, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

It is recommended to not remove any dump while troubleshooting, or clearing the events.
    The dumps could point to a patern making it easier for troubleshooting.
    If you are using a program like Ccleaner please stop using it while troubleshooting.
    This because programs like Ccleaner remove dump files that are needed to troubleshoot.
    Or configure Ccleaner to not remove dump files:

Tons of BSODs at seemingly random intervals [​IMG]

ESET could take several hours depending on what you have chosen to scan and how many there is present to scan.

Please make sure the cable(s) of the monitor is/are properly connected and not damaged in any way (connection and cable)

14. denlock Win User
    Hey. I've been getting far less BSODs and the computer's become more stable, but I got another BSOD. I've also run all the programs you've listed. Here's another file.

denlock, Dec 14, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    All marked drivers are Windows drivers, some or all from the Windows File system.
    In any way, I would recommend to run System File Check and to test the hard drives.
    Further there is a 0x1A(MEMORY_MANAGEMENT) errors indicating memory problems. If the test is clean, it is suggested to run driver verifier to find the offensive driver.
    Code: 0: kd> k Child-SP RetAddr Call Site ffffd000`2519c218 fffff803`0d971ea9 nt!KeBugCheckEx ffffd000`2519c220 fffff803`0d9721d0 nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69 ffffd000`2519c360 fffff803`0d9713f4 nt!KiFastFailDispatch+0xd0 ffffd000`2519c540 fffff803`0d936231 nt!KiRaiseSecurityCheckFailure+0xf4 ffffd000`2519c6d0 fffff803`0e08c65c nt!KeRemoveDeviceQueue+0xfd ffffd000`2519c720 fffff803`0e08ab87 hal!IoFreeAdapterChannelV2+0x60 ffffd000`2519c760 fffff803`0e084ba2 hal!HalAllocateAdapterChannelV2+0x14f ffffd000`2519c7b0 fffff801`6fb710d1 hal!HalBuildScatterGatherListV2+0x18682 ffffd000`2519c850 fffff801`6fbcc685 PCIIDEX!BmSetup+0x71 ffffd000`2519c8c0 fffff801`6fbcb388 ataport!IdeDispatchChannelRequest+0x115 ffffd000`2519c8f0 fffff801`6fbcb2c5 ataport!IdeStartChannelRequest+0x48 ffffd000`2519c920 fffff801`6fbcc4ff ataport!IdeStartDeviceRequest+0x349 ffffd000`2519ca10 fffff801`6f871367 ataport!IdePortPdoDispatch+0xbf ffffd000`2519ca40 fffff801`6f8710be ACPI!ACPIIrpDispatchDeviceControl+0x97 ffffd000`2519ca80 fffff801`703640bd ACPI!ACPIDispatchIrp+0xbe ffffd000`2519caf0 fffff801`70363a2c CLASSPNP!ServiceTransferRequest+0x29d ffffd000`2519cba0 fffff801`6fa311ed CLASSPNP!ClassReadWrite+0x15c ffffd000`2519cc50 fffff801`6fae1126 partmgr!PartitionIo+0x1bd ffffd000`2519cd00 fffff801`701c1408 volmgr!VmReadWrite+0x126 ffffd000`2519cd40 fffff801`702b34e6 fvevol!FveFilterRundownReadWrite+0x2e8 ffffd000`2519ce20 fffff801`702b3348 rdyboost!SmdProcessReadWrite+0x146 ffffd000`2519cef0 fffff801`70253983 rdyboost!SmdDispatchReadWrite+0x98 ffffd000`2519cf20 fffff801`70abdcf6 volsnap! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x1b3 ffffd000`2519cf50 fffff803`0d96a037 NTFS!NtfsStorageDriverCallout+0x16 ffffd000`2519cf80 fffff803`0d969ffd nt!KxSwitchKernelStackCallout+0x27 ffffd000`250d4000 00000000`00000000 nt!KiSwitchKernelStackContinue[/quote]

Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling system and other used stuff.How to fill in your system specs:

Thema:

1. Tons of BSODs at seemingly random intervals - Similar Threads - Tons BSODs seemingly

2. Blue screen at seemingly random intervals

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen at seemingly random intervals: Or maybe it happens whenever I'm playing a game, I suppose. Can't rightly say it. Also, it might bear no relevance, but: My Windows can't time sync. I've tried everything I've found online and tried a bunch of different servers but the time synchronization fails every time. I...
  3. Blue screen at seemingly random intervals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen at seemingly random intervals: Or maybe it happens whenever I'm playing a game, I suppose. Can't rightly say it. Also, it might bear no relevance, but: My Windows can't time sync. I've tried everything I've found online and tried a bunch of different servers but the time synchronization fails every time. I...
  4. Blue screen at seemingly random intervals

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random BSOD at random intervals

Random BSOD at random intervals: Hello, I have been having troubles as of recent with random BSOD errors that happen at random times. I initially thought that it may have something to do with my ram as I have had troubles with it in the past, although I have used the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and no...
  6. BSOD with random errors at random intervals

BSOD with random errors at random intervals: Hello, So a while back I upgraded my PC, since then i've been getting bsod at random times with random errors. I've tried alot of things like checking the health of memory and storage. Reinstalled windows 10. Now about 3 weeks ago I updated my motherboard software by...
  7. Wifi keeps disconnecting seemingly at random intervals

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi keeps disconnecting seemingly at random intervals: I have a brand new HP Pavilion laptop that I received for Christmas. Ever since I first installed windows and connected to the WiFi I have had an issues where it disconnects at random intervals. Sometimes its hours in between and some times it is minutes. When I first lose...
  8. BSOD crashes in random intervals

BSOD crashes in random intervals: Throughout the day my computer will BSOD each time it will say a different reason and I will be doing something completely different each time. Sometimes I am gaming, watching live streams, or absolutely nothing. Thanks in advance for any help you guys give me. 51825
  9. Regular BSOD at random intervals

Regular BSOD at random intervals: Hello all Hoping someone can help shed some light on the problems I'm having. Recently up(down)graded to W10 and ever since I've had no end of instability issues resulting in BSOD's. So far I've updated all my drivers which stopped the BSOD's for a few days but now they're...
  10. BSOD at seemingly random intervals, mostly while gaming or browsing

BSOD at seemingly random intervals, mostly while gaming or browsing: I recently essentially built a new computer (old case and old ssd+hdd, everything else new) and have been getting BSODs. I did the build around a month ago and got a couple BSODs less than a week later but they stopped so it seemed fine. However, the past couple of days, I...