Windows 10: TONS of errors in event viewer

Discus and support TONS of errors in event viewer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just clean installed my windows, and have not made any changes as to what would cause these errors.... but in event viewer, since install on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by N00berG00ber, Jul 31, 2015.

1. TONS of errors in event viewer

I just clean installed my windows, and have not made any changes as to what would cause these errors.... but in event viewer, since install on the 29th, i have 800 errors and warnings. ive noticed on my other PC that i just installed 10 on yesterday, it too has 300 errors and warnings. My PC seems to be running fine, i just can not launch any sort of diagnostics. it tells me that the service is not running. when i try to manually start the service, it shuts its self down again.

anyone else have all these errors? most of them are related to network things. oh, and between my 2 PCs, i can see them both on the network and connect to them, but its an empty folder. cant do or see anything past that point....

any clue how to fix these issues?

:)

N00berG00ber, Jul 31, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Millions of errors in event viewer.

Yes, I remember the first time I looked at Event Viewer and was alarmed by the thousands of errors and warnings I saw. I eventually learned that 99.9 percent of them are technicalities that cause no problems at all. So relax. Do some research on the web
    and you'll see that this is true.

Event Viewer can be useful when I'm diagnosing a specific problem. But even then, I have to distinguish between something that's the root cause of a problem vs. a consequence of a problem.

BulldogXX, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Millions of errors in event viewer.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will be glad to assist you with it.

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Sfc Scan.

What is SFC (System File Checker)?

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the steps given in the below article to perform SFC scan:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833?ppud=4&wa=wsignin1.0

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Step 2: Perform DISM.

• Press Windows key + X.

Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter
    Let us know if the information was helpful to you. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums.
    We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 31, 2015
  4. PRMan Win User

TONS of errors in event viewer

What errors? List a few and people might be able to help. Also, paste them into Google. That might get you help even faster.

PRMan, Jul 31, 2015
  5. ima just do a reinstall again... something is acting strange...

6. socklosk Win User
    Most all of the errors on my OS magically disappeared as fast as they came.

socklosk, Jul 31, 2015
  7. It was weird the install. It made 4 different partitions on my SSD and a lot of things didn't seem to work. Idk. Strange.

8. Maggelan Win User

those are recovery partitions as listed in the manager, I had to delete them all when doing a clean install this morning as the previous upgrade went so badly it wasn't even funny.

Maggelan, Jul 31, 2015
  9. Even on a clean install I get LOTS of warnings and errors... Lol I guess I'll just ignore them.

N00berG00ber, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. TONS of errors in event viewer - Similar Threads - TONS errors event

2. Event Viewer Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer Errors: Hi,Since about 3 days I have been getting a number of issues popping up on Event Viewer. It keeps pinging on my speakers and I'm not sure how to diagnose or fix it.Today its been at the worst and was pinging as the laptop was turning on.I've made a copy of the event viewer...
  3. event viewer error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer error: Faulting application name: DipAwayMode.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1049, time stamp: 0xc4675baa Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x001144c2 Faulting process id: 0x1554 Faulting application...
  4. Error in Event Viewer

Error in Event Viewer: ESENT Event ID 508,510 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer also poor shut down times start up and have nothing running at start up critical errors multi time daily system restore error event id 8193 vss error windows 10 i did a repair install so far so good as far as vvs goes...
  5. [Help] Sudden freezing and Event Viewer tons of problem

[Help] Sudden freezing and Event Viewer tons of problem: Hello, i need some help to fix my laptop The problem start when suddenly my laptop freezing and i can't even open the task manager (ctrl+alt+del) mouse still working for few second until it's totaly freeze, music sound and video still playing tho but the screen and the...
  6. Tons of entries involving "edgecastcdn.net" in Event Viewer, what is it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tons of entries involving "edgecastcdn.net" in Event Viewer, what is it?: In my Event Viewer, there is a huge number of entries that say "Name resolution for the name x.y.edgecastcdn.net timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded." (where x is usually a cs followed by a number, and y is either "wac" or "wpc"). There is an entry...
  7. Tons of event viewer errors, warnings and criticals!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tons of event viewer errors, warnings and criticals!: Hey guys I'm new to Windows 10 and Event viewer and I am unable to understand what it is saying, this used to happen to my Windows 8.1 and I thought that after upgrading to 10 this might stop but here it is again! Please take a look at the pictures attached for better...
  8. Event Viewer Error

Event Viewer Error: Hi All, I updated Win8.1 to Win10, so Event Viewer will suddenly appear two windows every 10 minutes*Sad*Sad. Please see the attached figure. Would someone help me solve this problem? How can I block it? Thanks. [img] 88395
  9. Event Viewer error

Event Viewer error: I have 599 errors of this. I have run SFC /Scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. It didn't find any errors. I have Googled and searched here and can not find a fix. Is this something to worry about? [img] 47494
  10. Tons of comruntime error 10031 in event viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    Tons of comruntime error 10031 in event viewer: Ever since I did the latest updates on Tuesday...I've been getting tons of comruntime error 10031. It happens when the computer is idle and I noticed the hard drive light is steady on..I did some googling, but didn't find much...mostly on a server computer which I don't have....