Windows 10: Tons of event viewer errors, warnings and criticals!

Discus and support Tons of event viewer errors, warnings and criticals! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys I'm new to Windows 10 and Event viewer and I am unable to understand what it is saying, this used to happen to my Windows 8.1 and I thought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by windowshelp, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Tons of event viewer errors, warnings and criticals!

Hey guys I'm new to Windows 10 and Event viewer and I am unable to understand what it is saying, this used to happen to my Windows 8.1 and I thought that after upgrading to 10 this might stop but here it is again! Please take a look at the pictures attached for better closure. I would appreciate all input and thanks for your time!

:)

windowshelp, Aug 12, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Event viewer has lots of warnings and errors

A lot of users look at the events in Event Viewer and get a shock at the number of errors and warnings . . . This is normal, Windows for the most part handles all these events and recovers without any user intervention and they are nothing to worry about.
    You can delete them all and in a few days you will have hundreds, maybe thousands of new ones! If you are not getting Blue Screens or system crashes, forget about these!

DaveM121, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Event viewer has lots of warnings and errors

You can go over this Checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done: Windows 10 Performance and Install Integrity Checklist
    To resolve repeat errors in Event Viewer, I google the text and number to find how others have resolved them. Rarely are they important to performance, though. But it's still a good troubleshooting exercise that will build your Google powers. If you have Blue
    Screen errors and want the crash dump file analyzed, here is how to submit it: BSOD Finding and fixing them I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions
    and let us know how it goes. I'll keep working with you until this is resolved.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 12, 2015
  4. altae Win User

Tons of event viewer errors, warnings and criticals!

Have you actually got troubles with the pc? If not don't you worry about so called critical errors listed in the event viewer. What MS understands as critical error should not be confused with what common sense would understand under that term, the MS definition of a critical error is much broader. Generally if there is no actual problem with the pc it's not worth bothering since I have not seen a single Windows pc that does not show a critical error here and there in the event viewer. The event viewer is a nice tool to troubleshoot but only for that. Checking it without actually having troubles with that specific pc is like running to a doctor and make him conduct countless test only because you might someday get some sort of cancer. If the pc is doing fine don't spoil that positive experience by looking for troubles where there are none. *Smile

altae, Aug 12, 2015
  5. It does freeze for a second or 2 once in a while or take longer to open a file or folder which bothers me a lot because I bought a new PC to have an optimal one. I bought a new hard drive a month ago because the old one was damaged and was slowing my system immensely I didn't re-install windows I used a software to copy the windows from the old HD to the new one, do you think
    that something might have gone wrong with the moving of the OS? and do you think a complete proper re-installation of the OS would fix this? Thanks a lot!

windowshelp, Aug 12, 2015
  6. altae Win User
    In that case make sure that you know the exact date and time when the freezes occur. As soon as you know the exact time and date you can check the event viewer for entries that more or less match that time. Generally only errors are interesting. The event viewer comes with several possiblities to filter and or sort the entries so it is easier to read. For example you can generate a custom view which is filtered so it only shows todays events and only critical and other errors. Just play around with it a bit.

altae, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Tons of event viewer errors, warnings and criticals!

1. Tons of event viewer errors, warnings and criticals! - Similar Threads - Tons event viewer

2. getting warnings and errors in event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    getting warnings and errors in event viewer: Can someone please explain why I'm getting so many warnings and errors in event viewer??Is this normal??I'm attaching the system and application logs where I'm getting the errors. Its concerning for me as I'm facing bsod error from along time and specifically dcp watch dog...
  3. Errors, warnings and critical errors in the Event viewer on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Errors, warnings and critical errors in the Event viewer on Windows 10.: Hi,i'm seeing a lot of warnings, errors and critical errors in the event viewer. I recently reinstalled windows which didn't help. I'm sorry for the german screenshots. I hope you can still give me some advice.Thanks in advance...
  4. Errors, warnings and critical errors in the Event viewer on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Errors, warnings and critical errors in the Event viewer on Windows 10.: Hi,i'm seeing a lot of warnings, errors and critical errors in the event viewer. I recently reinstalled windows which didn't help. I'm sorry for the german screenshots. I hope you can still give me some advice.Thanks in advance...
  5. Errors, warnings and critical errors in the Event viewer on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Critical, Error and Warning events in Event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical, Error and Warning events in Event viewer: Critical, Error and Warning events from all administrative logs on my dell 5566 2004. The windows 10 updates have destroyed my OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-and-warning-events-in-event-viewer/a1571c93-ae91-4199-8799-93ad26951194
  7. Event Viewer Errors and warnings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Errors and warnings: Hi guys! Its just been couple of days since I knew what the feature of "Event Viewer" is and I check Event Viewer for regular basis but now whenever I open Event Viewer and click on "Administrative Events" then it says "Query error" and the message is: Log Error...
  8. TONS of errors in event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    TONS of errors in event viewer: I just clean installed my windows, and have not made any changes as to what would cause these errors.... but in event viewer, since install on the 29th, i have 800 errors and warnings. ive noticed on my other PC that i just installed 10 on yesterday, it too has 300 errors and...
  9. Many Event Viewer Errors & Warnings

in Windows 10 Support
    Many Event Viewer Errors & Warnings: When will Microsoft analyze all those errors & warnings that appear so often in the Event Viewer, and fix them so they won't happen again? I understand that it's not really necessary to have all that to be fixed in there, because the computer still functions normally. But why...
  10. Tons of comruntime error 10031 in event viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    Tons of comruntime error 10031 in event viewer: Ever since I did the latest updates on Tuesday...I've been getting tons of comruntime error 10031. It happens when the computer is idle and I noticed the hard drive light is steady on..I did some googling, but didn't find much...mostly on a server computer which I don't have....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event viewer tons of warnings

2. warnings screen events and windows support called