Windows 10: Too many devices in Microsoft Account

Discus and support Too many devices in Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've noticed several posts here in this forum about changing the Microsoft Account password so I took a look at my account and found something strange.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Jun 27, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

Too many devices in Microsoft Account

I've noticed several posts here in this forum about changing the Microsoft Account password so I took a look at my account and found something strange.

The screen shot shows 3 devices, all the same, plus1 one Win device that I have no idea what it is.

Too many devices in Microsoft Account [​IMG]

My question is how come there are three of the Dell - Desktops. This machine started out in life as a Win 7 and upgraded to W 10. Win 10 was reinstalled at least 2 times after the upgrade. Could that be the reason?

Is there a way or a reason to get rid of the two extra Dell-Desktops?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Jun 27, 2017

2. Too Many Microsoft Accounts

Hi,

So, I went through about 6 phones in 2015 because I kept getting really cheap phones or using a family members old phone until I bought another one, only for me to break the screen. Anyway, they were all Microsoft Nokia Android phones and to get any apps
    I was always forced to sign in to my Microsoft e-mail account, but sometimes my password wouldn't work and I felt like on my phone it was too annoyingly difficult to reset my password with the process on the phone that Microsoft has for that. Sometimes I couldn't
    even put in the code because it was like the phone had trouble with the app that Microsoft was using? Anyway, I have about 6 different Microsoft accounts now because its easier to just create a new account on the app, but my passwords never work, even when
    I know they are right, so I reset a few, but they are all attached to the same back-up e-mail, and some of the passwords I just reset are still not working. I would just like to have access to all of my e-mail accounts with Microsoft, but it's being so difficult
    and I don't know if its because I have so many accounts, but I would like someone to help me, so I can use all of these accounts or close some of them.

mellaashley, Jun 27, 2017
  3. Too many accounts?

It is not a game that I am trying to download. I am not trying to download anything!

When I try to save or delete a file or something like a picture, I am sometimes told that I am not authorized to save or delete to that spot. I am told that I need to log in as administrator.

I can't produce work and save it as I am not authorized.

I am the only user. I only have one log in and it shows as admin.

Why do I not have authority to use my computer as I am the only user? If it is caused by the anti virus software, why was the automatic download of Windows ten done?

This has been the worst waste of time of all the "upgrades".

Rico Cardo, Jun 27, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 27, 2017
  5. Hewjr100 Win User
    I know about this. It also applies when reinstalling windows 10 multiple times. Each install creates a unique device name. Would be nice if they allowed users to create their own pc name when installing.

Henry.

Hewjr100, Jun 27, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Jun 27, 2017
  7. JJG10 Win User
    Hi, its me again. I unmarked this as unsolved because I remembered I didn't ask what is
    WIN-ADEQTRL6TPR

that appears on the device list.

Thank you.

JJG10, Jun 28, 2017
  8. Berton Win User

Berton, Jun 28, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    It's the same device. That is just the name that Windows assigned to it at random before it was changed to something more meaningful.

NavyLCDR, Jun 28, 2017
  10. JJG10 Win User
    JJG10, Jun 28, 2017
  11. Hydrate Win User
    This potentially may be what the Windows installation named the device before naming it Dell-Desktop.

Let's look at your current computer's host name.

Type Code: hostname[/quote] into an elevated command prompt window. Search cmd.exe or Windows Key +X > Powershell as Admin and type the command.

If your host name is WIN-ADEQTRL6TPR then we have solved the culprit.

How many PCs do you own that may have logged into the network?

We can also see your entire home network by accessing your home router usually by 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.1.1 and entering your username and password from behind the router (unless you changed the router's username and password to log in and configure the router's settings from the same interface).

From here, we can see what connected devices come from your router which you may have logged on to.

Hydrate, Jun 28, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, it would be the computer name that was given during Windows Setup.

Brink, Jun 28, 2017
  13. Too many devices in Microsoft Account

+1 to they should let you name your device "what you want" during setup. And not have to go and change it afterward. It's better than it was though. In the past I would have the old name and the new name listed as two separate devices. Now, eventually, the name just changes on its own in your list of devices. After what seems like a random delay? I hardly ever go to that web page, but when I do I'm always deleting junk leftovers from the list.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Too many devices in Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Too many devices

2. My microsoft account says I have too many devices associated with it, but when I go to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microsoft account says I have too many devices associated with it, but when I go to...: This bug started after I deleted my old email off of my account. It was my old school email and I would download a game or two on the old devices I used at my school which was a decent amount. But my email has been changed since, so the email I had while using those computer...
  3. too many user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too many user accounts: one user on my pc why do i need a default account and a public account and a all users accountand a default account and a default users account and then my account. i dont want all this **** on here i dont want an admistrator acount all i want is my account on my pc. i want...
  4. too many user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    too many user accounts: one user on my pc why do i need a default account and a public account and a all users accountand a default account and a default users account and then my account. i dont want all this **** on here i dont want an admistrator acount all i want is my account on my pc. i want...
  5. too many user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. too many devices

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    too many devices: I opened minecraft yesterday, but today it says I have too many devices. I proceeded to remove all except home PC and it still wont work. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-devices/2b2c81e7-969b-4571-8726-d37613f3d408"
  7. Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts.: My laptop, with Windows 10, is 17 months old and for some reason, was still on v1803 which was installed in July 2018. A couple of months ago, a notice appeared in Windows Update saying "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1930.The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way....
  8. Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts.: My laptop, with Windows 10, is 17 months old and for some reason, was still on v1803 which was installed in July 2018. A couple of months ago, a notice appeared in Windows Update saying "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1930.The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way....
  9. too many user accounts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    too many user accounts: For some reason, I have files THIS PC, and I have files in DONNAKAY, that opens dgreer2383, then dgreer2383 and then I see other files. I also have a drive that says, Donna. I need to change these all to my computer name of DONNAKAY. This problem is duplicating documents,...
  10. Blue screen for too many USB devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen for too many USB devices: I work in a laboratory where we have to connect several USB devices to the same computer (we have a unified interface for all of them). While I start to build my USB tree (3 powered hubs and around 15 devices), at some point while attaching the Nth USB, the computer crashes....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. too many devices on microsoft account

2. How many devices and PC for Microsoft account

3. too many family devices on microsft account