Windows 10: too many partitions on disk

Discus and support too many partitions on disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Windows 10 is an upgrade to my SSD Drive 0. It now has 7 partitions none of which I created. (picture at http://imgur.com/a/edymi) Partition 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ricequeen4u, Sep 22, 2015.

1. too many partitions on disk

My Windows 10 is an upgrade to my SSD Drive 0.
    It now has 7 partitions none of which I created. (picture at http://imgur.com/a/edymi)
    Partition 1 -:/ 300 MB healthy (recovery partition)
    Partition 2 -:/ 260 MB healthy (EFI system partition)
    Partition 3 f:/ 6.35GB healthy (primary partition, was d:/recovery before USB recovery stick made)
    Partition 4 c:/ 215.23GB healthy (windows, boot, page, dump etc)
    Partition 5 -:/ 450MB healthy (recovery partition)
    Partition 6 -:/ 450MB healthy (recovery partition)
    Partition 7 -:/ 450MB healthy (recovery partition)

I made a recovery USB stick and windows 10 replaced the recovery partition with f:/ partition. How can I get rid of these unwanted partitions and make the c:/ partition bigger?? I did an Acronis restore which put the original d:/ recovery partition back which I didn't even tick. I have a separate 2TB drive for data, many thanks for any help.
    too many partitions on disk [​IMG]

:)

ricequeen4u, Sep 22, 2015

2. Too many recovery partitions

Hi Arjit,

If you are logged in as an administrator, you can repartition your hard disk by using the Shrink feature in Disk Management. You can shrink an existing partition or volume to create unallocated disk space, from which you can create a new partition or volume.

Please refer the suggestion by “TIGER120111” using the below link and check if it helps

Too Many Recovery Partitions

Please provide us the screenshot. Refer the below link on “how to include a screenshot “.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Hope this helps to resolve your issue. If the problem persist, please revert back to us we are glad to help you.

Thank you

Vijaya Kumari 1, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Too many recovery partitions

In my win 10 which I upgraded from win 8.1, there are 3 recovery partitions of sizes 750mb, 467mb, and 7.80gb. Along with these recovery partitions, there is also one EFI system partition of size 500 MB and one OEM partition of size 40 MB. Why are there
    so many recovery partitions?

ArjitPandey, Sep 22, 2015
  4. too many partitions on disk

Same problem but I only have five partitions. And all but my C: drive appear empty. Can you delete these empty partitions?

tropicallime, Sep 24, 2015
  5. Tonyb Win User
    Re do windows 10 with a full install instead use the format option , then install problem solved.

Tonyb, Sep 24, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Use MiniTool Partition Wizard Free:

Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free

Heck of a lot easier to just delete the partitions and expand C: drive partition into the empty space. Takes about 5 minutes with Partition Wizard and there is no need to redo all the Windows 10 settings and reinstall programs.

NavyLCDR, Sep 24, 2015
  7. You should be able to delete these particians in the computer management --> disk management section of the MMC.

GenericUser2712, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

too many partitions on disk

1. too many partitions on disk - Similar Threads - too many partitions

2. Too many recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too many recovery partitions: I purchased an ASUS computer running Win7, upgraded to WIn8 and then later to Win10. I configured a D: data drive on the spare space on disk 0 and used all of disk 1 as E: for more data space. Now I would like to consolidate space on disk 0 and make disk 1 a mirror of disk 0....
  3. Too many recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many recovery partitions: I purchased an ASUS computer running Win7, upgraded to WIn8 and then later to Win10. I configured a D: data drive on the spare space on disk 0 and used all of disk 1 as E: for more data space. Now I would like to consolidate space on disk 0 and make disk 1 a mirror of disk 0....
  4. Too many recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Many partitions on a disk

Many partitions on a disk: Hi I have just realised there are many partitions on a single 120gb disk as the screen shot below. Is it possible to delete/merge any of it to free up space without having any adverse effect on the system. The system is running Windows 10.0.19041. Any suggestions are...
  6. Too many disk partitions

Too many disk partitions: My dell laptop has only one disk Disk 0 with 1862.89 GB of available space. It came with windows 10 version 1809. At first it had one 650MB EFI System Partition, C drive, OEM partition in the same order as seen in Disk Management. I made two more partitions D and E to...
  7. Too many partitions on my C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Too many partitions on my C drive: Folks, Lately I've been getting an explorer error message on startup or reboot. It looks like this: [img] Upon digging, it seems to be calling itself "I" (the letter i). I never created it. (That I know of.) Opening up Macrium, it shows my SSD (my OS drive) to look...
  8. Too many partitions on my C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Too many partitions on my C drive: Folks, Lately I've been getting an explorer error message on startup or reboot. It looks like this: [img] Upon digging, it seems to be calling itself "I" (the letter i). I never created it. (That I know of.) Opening up Macrium, it shows my SSD (my OS drive) to look...
  9. Too many Partitions on hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Too many Partitions on hard drive: Hello, I have a Dell XPS 18, Upgraded from from Win 8 to Win 10. I have a Seagate ST500LT012-9WS14S. It is NOT a SSD. The system works just fine. My hard drive is a mess!! I have cloned the hard drive but I need to make space on my C: drive. When I look at the...
  10. Too many Recovery Partitions???

in Windows 10 Support
    Too many Recovery Partitions???: Does this look odd to anyone? Should I have this many partitions? Especially 3 Recovery Partitions......can I get rid of them and how do I know which one and do it safely? *Sleepy 78988

Users found this page by searching for:

1. too many partitions on disk