Windows 10: Too many software problems to list in headline!!!!!

Discus and support Too many software problems to list in headline!!!!! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ok, I despise windows 10. It is pretty and looks like 7 but nothing works, I cannot accomplish anything. My Windows 10 or software bug list: 1)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ander35, Sep 21, 2015.

1. ander35 Win User

Too many software problems to list in headline!!!!!

Ok, I despise windows 10. It is pretty and looks like 7 but nothing works, I cannot accomplish anything.

My Windows 10 or software bug list:

1) Chrome does not see any of my files that are sitting on my desktop when I open the attach window to attach files.

2) Microsoft Word: I cannot open word docs on my computer. It says check file permissions on word doc or check "disk space".

3) Chrome does not open. When I click on the desktop icon. I have to delete the desktop icon, go to Google Chrome in applications then send icon to desktop. But then it shows as a white blank icon and sometimes it works sometimes it does not.

4) Sandboxie does not work in 10. Sometimes it opens sometimes it crashes.

5) Eraser does not work in 10. The files are "too long" to delete.

I literally cannot open my resume, cannot email it and I cannot surf the net. And I PAID 100 dollars for this HORRIBLE software.

I think that entitles me to a rant.

if anyone can help that would be great.

:)

ander35, Sep 21, 2015
  2. ML1973 Win User

Windows 10 - Too Many Problems To List!

At this rate, I think I'll just wait for Windows 11.......

ML1973, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - Too Many Problems To List!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Method 1: Step 1: Check is the issue occurs in Safe mode. To boot the system in safe mode please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: After the troubleshooting, make sure to boot your computer to normal mode.

Step 2: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update
    or when you run a program in Windows.

Please refer to the below article on how to perform a clean boot to know
    “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting”

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

NOTE: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

I would like to have some additional information:

You say that you bought a new licence of Windows 10. How did you install it? Did you have an older system, which you upgraded? Or did you in contrast do a clean installation and you installed all your programs again afterwards?

Windows 10 has a Refresh function, which you can use to refresh the Windows installation itself (and not the installed programs). Given that your problems are with applications and not directly with Windows itself, I am not sure, if a refresh will help.

Joergi, Sep 21, 2015
  5. ander35 Win User
    I solved the chrome problems by replacing chrome with chromium.

it is chrome but with scuroty tweaks. For some reason chromium works better.

ander35, Sep 22, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    Ehh...would you also answer my questions? I mean, if changing to Chromium solves your problems, it's fine, but...

Joergi, Sep 22, 2015
  7. 1) make sure you select desktop in the left Window pane to see your desktop items... it may be that it is looking in a different location

2) Go into Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and 'repair' Office (you have to select Change). Use disk Cleanup: SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3) Uninstall/Reinstall chrome. When you are prompted to delete settings during uninstall, say no. And/or you can backup your bookmarks: Save and view webpage bookmarks - Chrome Help

And software that doesn't work, try running the compatibility troubleshooter by right-clicking the program and selecting troubleshoot compatibility.

DustSailor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Too many software problems to list in headline!!!!! - Similar Threads - Too many software

2. Problem with Windows Icons in many softwares

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Windows Icons in many softwares: Hi there!I have encountered an problem with windows 10, where many default icons are shown as rectangular boxes.Sometimes I cannot even recognize the icon.Please help me resolve this issue. I can't afford a fresh intall, because It takes too much time to set-up all the...
  3. Problem with Windows Icons in many softwares

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Windows Icons in many softwares: Hi there!I have encountered an problem with windows 10, where many default icons are shown as rectangular boxes.Sometimes I cannot even recognize the icon.Please help me resolve this issue. I can't afford a fresh intall, because It takes too much time to set-up all the...
  4. Problem with Windows Icons in many softwares

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Too many svchost.exe's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too many svchost.exe's: On my old laptop, I remember having Windows 10 1703 installed in it, although, now it is updated. Before it had ~60-65 SVCHost.exe's, whereas now it is updated to version Windows 10 21H2, which for this time it has around 100 svchost.exe's. Same applies to my new laptop....
  6. Too many BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too many BSODs: Hello, I used to have some BSODs some time back but now i'm getting them quite frequently specially when gaming. The codes are memory_management, unexpected store exception, clock watchdog timeout, irql not less or equal for now and sometimes it just hangs and the power...
  7. Mainboard return because of too many problems?

Mainboard return because of too many problems?: Hello, I have built my pc with a friend on 26 October 2019, it has the following components: Intel Core i7 9700K 8x 3.60GHz So.1151 WOF8GB KFA2 GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER EX 8GB 256-bit GDDR6 MSI MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK Intel Z390 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR ATX Retail 16GB...
  8. Too Many Trackers

in Browsers and Email
    Too Many Trackers: Hi, I run the latest version of CCleaner at the end of each day and CCleaner typically finds between 1000 and 2500 trackers...each day! I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, all updates are done, I just changed my browser from Opera to Firefox and set tracker blocking to...
  9. Too many BSOD

Too many BSOD: My computer keeps on Blue screening. I was going to try to see the .dmp files but some reason can't open them so I am here for your help. I have reinstalled all drivers many times, all drivers are up to date, bios is up to date, windows is up to date. Clean install on windows...
  10. too many HID listings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    too many HID listings: Hi new at this so hope you'll be patient I was looking around my windows 10 home settings for connected devices. I followed this path all settings>devices no connected devices option available under any of the sub categories I then tried to find connected devices through...