Windows 10: Too much disk thrashing with WD + Strange games issue

Discus and support Too much disk thrashing with WD + Strange games issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. Even if I am running my games from SSD I have noticed a lot of hard disk activity when launching them and a lot of almost non stop disk... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eLPuSHeR, Mar 7, 2016.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Too much disk thrashing with WD + Strange games issue

Hello.

Even if I am running my games from SSD I have noticed a lot of hard disk activity when launching them and a lot of almost non stop disk activity coming from WD (Hell, it seems it's performing a quick scan almost twice a day).

I am not saying WD isn't good but that constant disk thrashing was getting on my nerves. I am now trying the new v8 from Qihoo's 360 TSE and that disk thrashing is no more and some of my games start up a lot faster (I mean a lot, like 10x).

Just posting this for you to know.

:)

eLPuSHeR, Mar 7, 2016

2. My PC is using too much RAM but not to much "disk" and is very slow

Ok done, now what? don't see any good changes, i still can't play flash game smoothly, or watch videos smoothly, even play tibia (a very lightweight game), smoothly. Also, sometimes, when the pc is lag the cursors lags too.

Another thing that scares me is that a few days ago i was having 160 GB in my "C" disk, now i have 153, is it that a "memory leak" or a virus?(which i don't think it's because i scanned the pc)

AkumaBringer of Death, Mar 7, 2016
  3. JRHoot Win User
    What is Normal File Structure in Windows 10?

I am new to Windows 10 and have noticed what seems to be a strange file structure. A click on File Explorer generates this list:

Quick Access

Dropbox

OneDrive

This PC

WD Disk(L)

Network

Homegroup

Under WD Disk(L) there is a subfolder named WD Disk(L) and as one might expect the contents in the two folders are identical.

WD Disk(L) is an external backup disk.

Is this file structure normal with Windows 10 and if it is I will live with it.

JRHoot, Mar 7, 2016
  4. Too much disk thrashing with WD + Strange games issue

Microsoft apps are old-school, basic and not very optimized, WD included. They are just meant to work and that is it. *Nerd

TairikuOkami, Mar 7, 2016
Thema:

Too much disk thrashing with WD + Strange games issue

1. Too much disk thrashing with WD + Strange games issue - Similar Threads - Too much disk

2. RAM issue - too much RAM is "reserved"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM issue - too much RAM is "reserved": [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ZinfoTheIdk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xq700f/ram_issue_too_much_ram_is_reserved/
  3. Activation issues and too much login

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation issues and too much login: I'm so tired of trying to rebuild computers and put Windows on them. I rebuild computers for people who don't have eight hundred dollars or more to spend on a new Surface. The problems start when I try activating Windows 10. Microsoft want far too much for a new activation...
  4. "System" process using too much disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "System" process using too much disk: HelloMy computer was very slow since 2 months now. It had a very slow startup time and disk usage was about 100% all the time.I did a lot of research and didn't find a solution. I found out the system process used majority of it. I got the startup problem solved through the...
  5. Quantify "Too Much Gaming" Por Favor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quantify "Too Much Gaming" Por Favor: I scanned for Alien DNA as I cruised in my Sub (marine) at 300 meters depth. Several patches of DNA showed up on my HUD and the closest was 1,254 meters away. 30 turn to port and I'm heading for my target. I'm at 25% of the amount of Alien DNA needed to make a new body for my...
  6. Too much gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much gaming?: Normally I only play a couple hours a day after work. Since I'm on vacation I have a little more time and I've noticed a couple things.... My xbox controller will shut off if I double-tap A and then my AIO fans (Corsair H150i Pro) will ramp up. The temps are stable and the...
  7. Too much gaming?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much gaming?: Normally I only play a couple hours a day after work. Since I'm on vacation I have a little more time and I've noticed a couple things.... My xbox controller will shut off if I double-tap A and then my AIO fans (Corsair H150i Pro) will ramp up. The temps are stable and the...
  8. Windows 10 hangs with disk thrashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hangs with disk thrashing: Severall times a day my Windows 10 Home system stops responding. At the same time the disk light goes on solid. I know the CPU isn't locked up because the mouse pointer, an hour glass, still moves. But all app windows are inert. Sometimes the screen goes completely black...
  9. Strange WD Extermal USB Hard Disk Problem!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange WD Extermal USB Hard Disk Problem!: I have a 2TB Western Digital USB External Hard Disk ( My Passport Ultra Model) It's suddenly no longer recognized by windows when plugged in and if I open winodws device manager I see that device manager is getting refreshed many times but fails to install the drive. The...
  10. Strange disk management issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange disk management issue: a desktop system with just 1 SSD drive connected (and 2 optical drives) and the only thing on the SSD is C: with Windows Insider 18329.1 installed. Disk Management shows Disk 2 "PortableBaseLayer" as a read only drive of 8GB. There is no Disk 2 connected (Disk 1 is an empty...