Windows 10: Too much to ask for %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA%, %USERPROFILE% to be offloaded to a secondary...

Discus and support Too much to ask for %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA%, %USERPROFILE% to be offloaded to a secondary... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; PLEASE don't answer this and suggest the above *could* cause system instability, blah-blah. It's possible...There are so many reasons why I believe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HarryBrookes1, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Too much to ask for %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA%, %USERPROFILE% to be offloaded to a secondary...

PLEASE don't answer this and suggest the above *could* cause system instability, blah-blah. It's possible...There are so many reasons why I believe this should be a standard option with any install..... and even pushed with OEM installs after first login...

:)

HarryBrookes1, Nov 30, 2023
  2. DaveM121 Win User

AppData and ProgramData are they now hidden??

Hi William

Open File Explorer, then on the View Tab, tick the box marked 'Hidden Items'

The ProgramData folder will be in the root of your C Drive

The AppData folder will be found in your User Folder (C:\Users\Yourname

DaveM121, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Userprofile folder not showing

Open admin Command Prompt and run the following commands:

• dir c:\users /a
    • echo %userprofile%
    • type %userprofile%\desktop.ini
    Post a screenshot of the output window.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Too much to ask for %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA%, %USERPROFILE% to be offloaded to a secondary...

I know about the menu items located in AppData and ProgramData but ...

These items reside here:

C:\Users\JohnSmith\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

As I mentioned in the subject and my post, I'm aware of the following two locations, and that some of the Start menu icons are found in each, but
    there are some Start menu items that are not found in either location, and I want to be able to move them to a Start menu folder.

C:\Users\JohnSmith\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

Richard Noël, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

Too much to ask for %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA%, %USERPROFILE% to be offloaded to a secondary...

1. Too much to ask for %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA%, %USERPROFILE% to be offloaded to a secondary... - Similar Threads - Too much ask

2. Too much to ask for %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA%, %USERPROFILE% to be offloaded to a secondary...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much to ask for %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA%, %USERPROFILE% to be offloaded to a secondary...: PLEASE don't answer this and suggest the above *could* cause system instability, blah-blah. It's possible...There are so many reasons why I believe this should be a standard option with any install..... and even pushed with OEM installs after first login......
  3. Too much music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too much music: My music folder is too big for my 5tb, is there a way to have the same music file on 2 hard drives?Or do I need to get a larger drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-much-music/fe615850-7eaf-4c75-8f94-be13665a5e2d
  4. Too much music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much music: My music folder is too big for my 5tb, is there a way to have the same music file on 2 hard drives?Or do I need to get a larger drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-much-music/fe615850-7eaf-4c75-8f94-be13665a5e2d
  5. Too much music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can AppData or ProgramData be replaced with shortcuts to other drives?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can AppData or ProgramData be replaced with shortcuts to other drives?: I'm gradually running out of space on C:. I've moved most large folders to other drives that I know are safe to move. However, two of the biggest remaining storage hogs are C:\ProgramData (44 GB) and my own AppData (28 GB), which is also on C:. Would it be possible to move...
  7. Too much bass

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Too much bass: Windows 10 with Headset bass set so high audio is distorted 163464
  8. Too much bass

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much bass: Windows 10 with Headset bass set so high audio is distorted 163464
  9. Too much contact?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too much contact?: Is it just me, or does it seem like Microsoft has far too many automatic contacts. My wife gets an email every day telling her to change the name of a file that doesn't exist. Every few hours I get a pop up telling me there are issues with my new password. I only changed my...
  10. AppData and ProgramData are they now hidden??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AppData and ProgramData are they now hidden??: Hello in the past, I was able to open and inspect files in AppData Roaming and ProgramData folders on C:\Users\.... These two folder destinations are not there anymore BUT until the last update. They were in the directory for years, and I need to access AppData Roaming for...