Windows 10: Tool to monitor all your installs applications for updates?

Discus and support Tool to monitor all your installs applications for updates? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What do you guys recommend for this purpose? Anything to avoid? 59130 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by x509, Aug 6, 2016.

1. x509 Win User

Tool to monitor all your installs applications for updates?

What do you guys recommend for this purpose? Anything to avoid?

:)

x509, Aug 6, 2016

2. Win 10 two monitors: pop ups and dialog boxes appear in "wrong" monitor

This does not solve the issue.

EVERY application has this issue - Your core windows routines for opening dialogs does not check what monitor the parent application opens the dialog and insures it opens it on the same monitor.

All applications includes all MS applications including Visual Studio ( All versions up to and including VS2017 )

Yes, people can buy a 3rd party tool to correct this behavior, but this should be core functionality!

pGorbas.agrisoft, Aug 6, 2016
  3. Nokia Battery Monitor

I also installed it on my 5800. Anyway, all of a sudden I got two icons for the same tool (battery monitor itself), and there's no way of getting rid of them.

Even uninstalling battery monitor and NBM service leaves me with an orphan icon under Applications...

any idea?

lafayette84---01, Aug 6, 2016
  4. Tool to monitor all your installs applications for updates?

You could try:

PowerShell PackageManagement (OneGet) - Install Apps from Command Line - Windows 10 Forums

I do not use native or 3rd Party software managers, but have been tempted to implement the PowerShell solution. I tried it for a while, but my software collection is not that big. The good thing is that the above solution has most, if not all, of the software I use (it is a canned package, but you can build your own repository and add other software)

Slartybart, Aug 6, 2016
  5. x509 Win User
    Slartybart,

I use the paid version of Revo Uninstaller to do all my installs (and uninstalls). Works great, by the way.

That said, if I said I had even newbie status with PowerShell, that would be a big step up from where I am now. Basically I'm an old DOS guy who wants to learn PowerShell when I have the time to do that. So what I really need is some Windows utility that inventories my C: drive, and notifies me when I need to update something. Extra points if that includes drivers. And I'd pay a reasonable amount for that tool.

x509, Aug 6, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    I understand you to be asking 'how do I check for updates to my installed programs'.

Sumo is consistently the most complete I know- but make sure you use the 'Lite' version without 'Relevant knowledge' or some such. However it doesn't provide you conveniently with a direct download or update link.

KC Softwares

If I recall correctly the pro version monitors continuously, the free version lets you scan manually.

dalchina, Aug 6, 2016
  7. x509 Win User
    You understood correctly. And extra points for Dumo, which does the same as Sumo, but for drivers. *Thumbs

x509, Aug 6, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Excellent.. there are other updaters as you may know.. interestingly Baidu (Chinese) has produced one that came with my netbook that looks quite good. I keep meaning to try it on this laptop with far more installed.

Beware of driver updaters- Win 10 looks after most drivers (not peripherals) and will replace what it deems as 'wrong' versions, unless you take special action to protect them (see tutorials). That approach is only needed in special cases.

I have used a driver updater.. but only exceptionally- when Windows didn't find a driver at all. (Drivermax).

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Tool to monitor all your installs applications for updates? - Similar Threads - Tool monitor installs

2. Update is not applicable to your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update is not applicable to your computer: Hi, I am running Windows Server 2016 and have tried installing the cumulative update KB5014702 but was not able to do so as the error message "The update is not applicable to your computer" was shown. I've installed the pre-requisite Servicing stack update KB5014026 before...
  3. Update is not applicable to your computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update is not applicable to your computer: Hi, I am running Windows Server 2016 and have tried installing the cumulative update KB5014702 but was not able to do so as the error message "The update is not applicable to your computer" was shown. I've installed the pre-requisite Servicing stack update KB5014026 before...
  4. The update is not applicable to your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The update is not applicable to your computer: Hi,We are facing this issue "The update is not applicable to your computer" in our Windows 2012 R2 server when we try to update the windows.This server is not getting updated till now. This is the first time we are trying to push the patches....
  5. The update is not applicable to your computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The update is not applicable to your computer: Hi,We are facing this issue "The update is not applicable to your computer" in our Windows 2012 R2 server when we try to update the windows.This server is not getting updated till now. This is the first time we are trying to push the patches....
  6. The update is not applicable to your computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Force all applications to open on the primary monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Force all applications to open on the primary monitor.: Is there a way to force all applications to open on the primary monitor using a reg key entry or something similar that wouldn't require user interaction?...
  8. The update is not applicable to your computer

The update is not applicable to your computer: Hi! I tried to install windows media pack for my laptop but it always shows "The update is not applicable to your computer". I have downloaded the correct version 1803. How can I solve this? Many thanks!...
  9. Install application for all users

Install application for all users: Hi all, I've installed an application that gets installed in a secure folder. One where you need admin credentials to remove. The problem is I would like this application to launch in the system tray when other accounts are logged in. Currently it doesn't start the...
  10. Windows Update Standalone Installer : The Update is not applicable to your computer.

Windows Update Standalone Installer : The Update is not applicable to your computer.: I get this when trying to manually install to the latest update (currently 1903) from 1803 (OS Build 17134.885). I've attempted to run the windows troubleshooter and it finds no errors. It does find an error about "registration" or something when I run the troubleshooter in...