Windows 10: Toolbar links - how to not alphabetize

Discus and support Toolbar links - how to not alphabetize in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since installing Win10, I have not been able to order links in the groups on my toolbar in a non-alphabetical order, ie, in a preferred order that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Optiker, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Optiker Win User

Toolbar links - how to not alphabetize

Since installing Win10, I have not been able to order links in the groups on my toolbar in a non-alphabetical order, ie, in a preferred order that doesn't happen to be alphabetical. When I rearrange them, the next time I open the group, they return to alpha sort.

How can I change this?

Thanks!

:)

Optiker, Oct 2, 2015

2. How do I sort folders

On the View tab at the top of the folder (in the toolbar), click the "Sort by" button and select "name" to sort them alphabetically by name.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 2, 2015
  3. how to add web addresses to the links toolbar

I would like to add web adresses to the linkstool bar.

ErnieBergen, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

Toolbar links - how to not alphabetize

1. Toolbar links - how to not alphabetize - Similar Threads - Toolbar links alphabetize

2. HOW TO DISPLAY LANGUAGE TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO DISPLAY LANGUAGE TOOLBAR: HOW TO DISPLAY LANGUAGE TOOLBAR IN WIN10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-display-language-toolbar/7e88f111-f081-44b2-a4a4-e87f1177d77f
  3. How to Uninstall Toolbar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Uninstall Toolbar: how to uninstall [Original Title: toolbar] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-toolbar/c2c948d8-51c5-416c-80ce-e97dca53e4a3
  4. How Does Windows Sort Alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Does Windows Sort Alphabetically?: So there are lots of unicode characters that Windows will allow you to use in your file and folder names. However, how does Windows determine how they're sorted? Take the following example of a huge number of folders named with different characters: [img] How exactly is...
  5. alphabetization feature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    alphabetization feature: Why would the alphabetization feature stop working in one of my documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/alphabetization-feature/e5681d3a-47ef-4a2d-8cb4-fb570b483ae4
  6. Toolbar Links - how to not alphabetize

in Browsers and Email
    Toolbar Links - how to not alphabetize: Since installing Win10, I have not been able to order links in the groups on my toolbar in a non-alphabetical order, ie, in a preferred order that doesn't happen to be alphabetical. When I rearrange them, the next time I open the group, they return to alpha sort. How can I...
  7. How to use the "Links" toolbar with Windows Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to use the "Links" toolbar with Windows Edge?: The "Links" system tray tool bar works well with IE, displaying the links on the Favourites Bar as it is supposed to. However, I have not been able to get it to work with Edge - no Edge links are shown. Is there a way to get it to work? 101919
  8. How to alphabetize flies in Chrome bookmarks.

in Browsers and Email
    How to alphabetize flies in Chrome bookmarks.: Is there a way to alphabetize files inside Chrome Bookmarks (imported from FF). In FF there was a "Views" option and then you could alphabetize the files. I don't see anything like that in Chrome. 83370
  9. How to sort desktop icons alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sort desktop icons alphabetically?: . In my normal user account, I sort desktop icons by name. It's clear that there are actually two groups of icons. The first group (after Recycle bin) starts with CCleaner and ends with VLC Media Player. These are the same icons that I see in my Administrator acccount....
  10. Links Toolbar in notification area popup lags

in Windows 10 Support
    Links Toolbar in notification area popup lags: Windows 10. So I created a Links toolbar in my notification area in which I then created several folders catagorized for my shortcuts collection. Once I got this all setup, I realized how long it takes for the folders to popup, 3 seconds average. I also realized, just having...