Windows 10: Toolbar links - how to not alphabetize

Discus and support Toolbar links - how to not alphabetize in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since installing Win10, I have not been able to order links in the groups on my toolbar in a non-alphabetical order, ie, in a preferred order that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Optiker, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Optiker Win User

Toolbar links - how to not alphabetize

Since installing Win10, I have not been able to order links in the groups on my toolbar in a non-alphabetical order, ie, in a preferred order that doesn't happen to be alphabetical. When I rearrange them, the next time I open the group, they return to alpha sort.

How can I change this?

Thanks!

:)

Optiker, Oct 2, 2015

2. How do I sort folders

On the View tab at the top of the folder (in the toolbar), click the "Sort by" button and select "name" to sort them alphabetically by name.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 2, 2015
  3. how to add web addresses to the links toolbar

I would like to add web adresses to the linkstool bar.

ErnieBergen, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

Toolbar links - how to not alphabetize

1. Toolbar links - how to not alphabetize - Similar Threads - Toolbar links alphabetize

2. How to remove links from desktop toolbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove links from desktop toolbar: HelloI use Win11 22H2. Via Windows Update, I recently installed the following. KB5021255 & KB5022303. After the installation I noticed the following automatic changes.1. A Home folder with 6 pinned sub-folders were added to file explorer's navigation pane.2. Links to all 7...
  3. How to remove links from desktop toolbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove links from desktop toolbar: HelloI use Win11 22H2. Via Windows Update, I recently installed the following. KB5021255 & KB5022303. After the installation I noticed the following automatic changes.1. A Home folder with 6 pinned sub-folders were added to file explorer's navigation pane.2. Links to all 7...
  4. All Links on Links Toolbar Marked as Internet Zone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Links on Links Toolbar Marked as Internet Zone: For several months, all 42 links on my Links toolbar have been issuing a security alert when I use them. These are all links to apps on my computer no URLs. Most of the links came from software installers, perhaps via the desktop; a few have failed due to app updates, and I...
  5. All Links on Links Toolbar Marked as Internet Zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Links on Links Toolbar Marked as Internet Zone: For several months, all 42 links on my Links toolbar have been issuing a security alert when I use them. These are all links to apps on my computer no URLs. Most of the links came from software installers, perhaps via the desktop; a few have failed due to app updates, and I...
  6. Links toolbar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Links toolbar not working: I recently added the links toolbar to my taskbar but I want to get rid of them but can't. I tried to remove them by clicking on "links" as you should, but they are still in effect (my pinned applications are still in the middle like I placed them) even though they are not...
  7. How to use "Links" toolbar for the taskbar on a second monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use "Links" toolbar for the taskbar on a second monitor.: Title explains it all. I have all these customization's that I've made to my taskbar, but it cannot be arranged in the correct way on my second monitor. There are literally no setting for it when I right click on it. If this helps, to set up my main taskbar I right clicked...
  8. Links toolbar on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links toolbar on Taskbar: I deleted all shortcuts on my links toolbar. How can I add new ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-toolbar-on-taskbar/2868487c-9f6a-4ca1-82f1-2e894542f30b
  9. Toolbar Links - how to not alphabetize

in Browsers and Email
    Toolbar Links - how to not alphabetize: Since installing Win10, I have not been able to order links in the groups on my toolbar in a non-alphabetical order, ie, in a preferred order that doesn't happen to be alphabetical. When I rearrange them, the next time I open the group, they return to alpha sort. How can I...
  10. How to use the "Links" toolbar with Windows Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to use the "Links" toolbar with Windows Edge?: The "Links" system tray tool bar works well with IE, displaying the links on the Favourites Bar as it is supposed to. However, I have not been able to get it to work with Edge - no Edge links are shown. Is there a way to get it to work? 101919