Windows 10: Tools, File, Edit, etc.. menu bar on my win 10 home page

Discus and support Tools, File, Edit, etc.. menu bar on my win 10 home page in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have MSN set as my home page. Can I get it to open with the menu bar? 14609 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Pdale, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Pdale Win User

Tools, File, Edit, etc.. menu bar on my win 10 home page

I have MSN set as my home page. Can I get it to open with the menu bar?

:)

Pdale, Aug 8, 2015

2. Lost Toolbars

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Win 7 and lost my toolbars, the one that has "File, Edit, View, etc" and the one that shows the "Home & Print icons, Page, Safety, Tools etc". Cannot find where they are in Win 10 - only how to show the "Favorites" bar.
    Has anyone figured this out yet?

BudJackman, Aug 8, 2015
  3. sassy.gal Win User
    menu or toolbar

I have windows 10. I miss my menu bar with files, edit, tools etc. Can anyone help me get it back. windows 10 is annoying.

sassy.gal, Aug 8, 2015
  4. tamo Win User

Ive been trying this too , in IE you could press shift +F10 to bring up the file-edit-view -tool-help bar

tamo, Aug 8, 2015
  5. WhyMe Win User
    Do you mean having a single click to return to your home page in Microsoft Edge?

If so, you can do that by clicking on the 'More Actions' button in the top left *correction* top right corner of Edge.
    Click on 'settings' then scroll down and click on 'view advanced settings'
    Then enable the 'Show the Home Page' and enter the address for your desired home page (MSN in this case)

WhyMe, Aug 8, 2015
  6. sn00ker Win User
    Do you mean like this for Microsoft Edge ? Click on the image to see it bigger

Tools, File, Edit, etc.. menu bar on my win 10 home page [​IMG]

sn00ker, Aug 8, 2015
  7. CmmTch Win User
    There is no Menu Bar in Edge, you can have a homepage icon on the top bar.

Click the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the Edge window, click settings, scroll to the bottom and click advanced settings, then at the top select "show the home button"

You need to type in an address for your home screen and save it.

Tools, File, Edit, etc.. menu bar on my win 10 home page [​IMG]

CmmTch, Aug 8, 2015
  8. WhyMe Win User

*Redface holy crap. I was checking your observational skills and would like to inform you that you passed with flying colors. *Tongue

Well spotted batman. Post edited accordingly.

WhyMe, Aug 8, 2015
  9. tamo Win User
    I Miss the menu bar *Shock

tamo, Aug 9, 2015
  10. Ztruker Win User
    How did you get the Menu line to show?

Ztruker, Aug 9, 2015
  11. Right click at the top of IE and select "Menu Bar".

fracking4oil, Aug 9, 2015
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Edge, not IE. I know how in IE.

No setting ie Edge for a Menu bar that I can see. I think Sn00ker's post is IE and not Edge perhaps?

Ztruker, Aug 9, 2015
  13. Tools, File, Edit, etc.. menu bar on my win 10 home page

Yes, his screenshot is IE, thus I thought you were asking about IE. *Smile

fracking4oil, Aug 9, 2015
  14. sn00ker Win User
    Yes, it is IE but I was just using that pic as example to what Pdale was trying to get help for on Edge Or at least I believe it's Edge, he never really did say which

sn00ker, Aug 9, 2015
  15. CmmTch Win User
    I think sn00ker posted a screen shot of an IE menu bar to confirm that's what the OP was asking about.

Until some future update to Edge there isn't a menu bar available.

CmmTch, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Tools, File, Edit, etc.. menu bar on my win 10 home page - Similar Threads - Tools File Edit

2. Is it possible to change the color of the menu bar (File, Edit, etc.)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change the color of the menu bar (File, Edit, etc.): [ATTACH] I've been trying to find a way to change the color of the menu bar for applications (the bar that offers the File, Edit, Help, etc. options): https://preview.redd.it/xth0qjpqg1491.png?width=1229&format=png&auto=webp&s=776cb4f1d326e343b7ed51aea6db992ba72f8ead But...
  3. Finding File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Finding File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, etc.: Recently got Windows 10 and don't see the usual bar with the features listed above. I've read about this issue in these forums, but the responses are several years old and don't help me. How do I get these valuable features that were so helpful in Windows 7? Would appreciate...
  4. Favourites bar on Home Page.

in Browsers and Email
    Favourites bar on Home Page.: Windows 10 1909..Just updated (Windows update) to new MS Windows Edge browser. The top favourites bar is missing from my home page....but shows on the Edge home page. How can I restore it Please. On another PC I downloaded the new browser manually some time ago and the...
  5. Tool Bar Does Not Display for Edit/Create "Add Music" Etc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tool Bar Does Not Display for Edit/Create "Add Music" Etc: I just bought a brand new Dell G7 and I can't seem to get Microsoft Photos to work properly. Wanted to use the program to show off my drone movies and pictures but I can't get the tool bars up to create a project. Works fine displaying pictures and movies..... just wont...
  6. Customize menu bar, scroll bars, etc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize menu bar, scroll bars, etc.: In Win 7 you could select elements of the desktop and windows--menu bars, scrollbars, title bars, etc, and change the colour. Is there some way...utility, app, etc.....to do this in Win 10? For instance, in most applications, I can hardly see the slider on the scroll...
  7. File explorer, This PC, in the menu bar I have File-Computer-View and missing Tools, win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer, This PC, in the menu bar I have File-Computer-View and missing Tools, win 10: How to restore missing Tools in --File explorer, This PC, in the menu bar I have File-Computer-View and missing Tools, win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-this-pc-in-the-menu-bar-i-have-file/1c96f79b-d38e-4c1d-8725-28d236c5ab43"
  8. where is 'command bar' (home,feeds,tools, etc)

in Browsers and Email
    where is 'command bar' (home,feeds,tools, etc): Good morning, Just bought a laptop already installed with Windows 10 and after using it for a few hours I realized Edge doesn't have a 'Command Bar' like IE 11 on my desktop running Win 8.1. Can anyone enlighten me on this? *Sad Thanks and regards, 22565
  9. file edit view etc

in Browsers and Email
    file edit view etc: Using Bing, can you get like file,edit, view? On internet exployer I got these by pressing Alt and right click at toolbars. thanks carol 21925
  10. Adding Old File, Edit, Tools, etc. Menu to W10 Folders - Possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding Old File, Edit, Tools, etc. Menu to W10 Folders - Possible?: I was looking to see if there is a way to add the W7 File, Edit, Tools, Help, etc. Menus to W10 Folders. I searched but found nothing at all. Maybe I am not searching correctly or calling it the correct thing. If not, is there any way to add commands to the Quick Access...