Windows 10: Tooltip Covering Notifications Icon

Discus and support Tooltip Covering Notifications Icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Surprised I can't find any posts about this annoying problem. When auto-hide the taskbar is enabled, the tooltip (e.g., "No new notifications") for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by akumajou, Aug 2, 2015.

1. akumajou Win User

Tooltip Covering Notifications Icon

Surprised I can't find any posts about this annoying problem. When auto-hide the taskbar is enabled, the tooltip (e.g., "No new notifications") for the notifications icon covers the icon. This results in having to click twice to open the Action Center. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

akumajou, Aug 2, 2015
  2. CMOYA Win User

Windows 10 -- start menu and taskbar problem

This might not be the same issue, but I have noticed that the tooltip that pops up and covers the Task View and Notifications buttons also prevents clicks, which makes successfully using Task View and Notifications a 50/50 affair. It should pop up above
    the buttons just like all the other buttons on the taskbar.

CMOYA, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Tooltips in Notification Tray In Windows 10

Is there a way to get these back? I now mouseover my icons in the notification tray area in windows 10 and no tooltip is visible. Some of these apps I use display important information, such as VPN Port information, in these tooltips that I can no longer
    see in Windows 10. Anyone know of a registry fix to reenable these?

PartTimeTechie, Aug 2, 2015
  4. coolname Win User

Sorry to respond to a thread from July - yours is one of the very few posts on this issue that I can find. I know it's fairly trivial but you're right; it's really annoying and it affects all my machines. So annoying that I created an account just so that I could reply. I thought it would have been fixed by now through the Windows Update process but alas...

coolname, Nov 12, 2015
  5. Interesting that I have the same issue and MS has not resolved it yet. Guess that's to be expected with a free OS. At least now I know how to resolve it, sort of. Would like to see it resolved, though. Time to start digging through the registry.

mikekellam, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Tooltip Covering Notifications Icon - Similar Threads - Tooltip Covering Notifications

2. desktop program icon covered with file icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop program icon covered with file icon: how to i shift this file icon thats covering the programm iconthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-program-icon-covered-with-file-icon/9e877644-1301-417b-83d1-d1a86779ce40
  3. desktop program icon covered with file icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop program icon covered with file icon: how to i shift this file icon thats covering the programm iconthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-program-icon-covered-with-file-icon/9e877644-1301-417b-83d1-d1a86779ce40
  4. desktop program icon covered with file icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. tooltips in taskbar

tooltips in taskbar: Anyone now how to stop tooltips when hovering over taskbar; Always in the way and never adding anything of value? I see the question appearing since a long time. So by now MS should have been able to present some solution... regedit??...
  6. thumbnails covered by icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    thumbnails covered by icons: It didn't work. "always show icons, never thumbnails" wasn't checked to begin with. When I clicked "apply" some of the icons blinked to show thumbnails and returned immediately to the mountain icon. Please try again EDIT -- I went to the main pictures folder and did this...
  7. Paper covering my icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Paper covering my icons: After disabled shortcut icons via regedit, all icons (not just shortcuts) are covered by [ATTACH]this. The shortcut icons were reenabled because of a system failure, and it didn't do this the last time I disabled them. Any help?...
  8. Tooltip Duration

Tooltip Duration: I am not sure I am using the correct terminology but in my words I need to lengthen the duration that tooltips are shown. What I call a tooltip is those little prompts that show up when we hover over things. Such as in a Files Explorer search results and we want to see the...
  9. Notification ICONS below taskbar (partialy covered) on 4k monitor

Notification ICONS below taskbar (partialy covered) on 4k monitor: Just recently upgraded from 23.7" Acer to 28" 4k Samsung monitor using Display Port for the 28" and HDMI for the 23" - After Windows restarted to apply setting changes the Notifications and the square background they show up on in the system tray always opens with 1/3 of the...
  10. No tooltips appear

in Windows 10 Support
    No tooltips appear: Looks like I spoke too soon - it's gone again. Seems to come and go randomly, sometimes works again after reboot and sometimes not. 24856