Windows 10: Tooltips not showing in Chrome

Discus and support Tooltips not showing in Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For a while now I've noticed that Chrome isn't showing tooltips anywhere. Either when hovering over links or images. I am not sure what's preventing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by swarfega, Jan 12, 2016.

1. swarfega Win User

Tooltips not showing in Chrome

For a while now I've noticed that Chrome isn't showing tooltips anywhere. Either when hovering over links or images. I am not sure what's preventing them from showing.

:)

swarfega, Jan 12, 2016

2. Tooltips in Notification Tray In Windows 10

The tooltips have never been visible since my upgrade. The notification tray area is mostly opaque but no tooltips will display at all. If I right click on objects in the task tray I can interact with them, but none show tooltips and there's information
    in my VPN clients tooltip that I require.

PartTimeTechie, Jan 12, 2016
  3. Tooltips in Notification Tray In Windows 10

So I've noticed that tooltips shows while windows is still starting up, but once everythings full up and running they disappear completely. I did the scannow /sfc. I also notice that microsoft programs have no problems displaying tooltips, like the Microsoft
    Upload Center tooltip always displays fine, but other programs don't. It's like they've changed how tooltips work and don't support legacy tooltips.

PartTimeTechie, Jan 12, 2016
  4. Tooltips not showing in Chrome

I have had that in the past, try clearing your cache / SHIFT + F5 / CTRL + F5

See if that helps.

Cheers,
    Jamie

p.s
    Your posts may be considered a breach of rule #13
    "13) No ad blocking discussions. This site depends on ads to pay for the costs of running and maintaining it."

JDobbsy1987, Jan 12, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    That worked, thanks. I suspect I'll have to keep doing this occasionally.

[edited post but I was careful not to name any, I've been stung by that before.]

swarfega, Jan 12, 2016
  6. Glad that helped!

*Thumbs

JDobbsy1987, Jan 12, 2016
  7. swarfega Win User
    I know this post is fairly old now but I am still having this issue. I can't even see the address bar at the bottom of Chrome.

I have just done a clean install of Windows 10 and don't have any software or security installed yet.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Tooltips not showing in Chrome

1. Tooltips not showing in Chrome - Similar Threads - Tooltips showing Chrome

2. tooltips in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    tooltips in taskbar: Anyone now how to stop tooltips when hovering over taskbar; Always in the way and never adding anything of value? I see the question appearing since a long time. So by now MS should have been able to present some solution... regedit??...
  3. Tooltips in Courrier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tooltips in Courrier: Tooltips in Courrier I would like to speak with someone who is familiar with "Courrier" the email application provided with Windows 10. The more pressing question that brings me here, is this: Is it possible to disable the appearance of tooltips when hovering over a...
  4. desktop tooltips

desktop tooltips: Is there a way to increase the size of tooltips without increasing the size of all text? I am on a standard Desktop PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-tooltips/48479318-d788-4eff-bcea-7ccf6a9d2aad
  5. Tooltip Duration

Tooltip Duration: I am not sure I am using the correct terminology but in my words I need to lengthen the duration that tooltips are shown. What I call a tooltip is those little prompts that show up when we hover over things. Such as in a Files Explorer search results and we want to see the...
  6. Tooltips not showing, showing black box instead

Tooltips not showing, showing black box instead: When I hover over Min, Max and Close for any program like IE, Outlook, Skype, Windows Explorer. The tooltips are black boxes. It normally shows a text box saying Minimize, Maximize or Close. I am getting black boxes instead... Its almost like it is trying but cannot do it...
  7. Showing Video Aspect Ratio in File Info Tooltip

Showing Video Aspect Ratio in File Info Tooltip: Is there a way to show the aspect ratio of video files in the Windows Explorer file tooltips? A few hours of research taught me how to add extra file info that isn't there by default (like frame height x width) but for some reason I can't get the aspect ratio to show. This...
  8. Failed tooltips

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed tooltips: Hi guys - I'm new here! I'd just like to say I'm still disappointed with the build quality of the new generation of Windows starting with Windows ME. They still haven't got it working seamlessly! This time I'd like to complain about the recurrent problem of tooltips that...
  9. system tray tooltips don't show in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    system tray tooltips don't show in windows 10: Hi, On previous Windows installations I used to roll the mouse pointer over the system tray icons in order to show tooltips like the % level of battery or the volume of the speakers. I also used to left-click in order to change the volume but now after upgrading to win10,...
  10. No tooltips appear

in Windows 10 Support
    No tooltips appear: Looks like I spoke too soon - it's gone again. Seems to come and go randomly, sometimes works again after reboot and sometimes not. 24856

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hover over tooltips missing text chrome

2. icon tooltips in chrome

3. chrome tooltip not showing on keyboard focus

4. windows browse tooltip,
  5. tool tips not showing windows,
  6. chrome tooltip disable,
  7. windows 10 no longer shows tooltips on zip file