Windows 10: Tooltips not showing, showing black box instead

Discus and support Tooltips not showing, showing black box instead in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I hover over Min, Max and Close for any program like IE, Outlook, Skype, Windows Explorer. The tooltips are black boxes. It normally shows a text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jordan Hauck, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Tooltips not showing, showing black box instead

When I hover over Min, Max and Close for any program like IE, Outlook, Skype, Windows Explorer. The tooltips are black boxes. It normally shows a text box saying Minimize, Maximize or Close. I am getting black boxes instead...

Its almost like it is trying but cannot do it for some reason.

I cant find much information about this doing a Google Search... I thought maybe a driver? Windows update?

Any ideas

:)

Jordan Hauck, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Minor suggestion: Change About screen tooltip wording

Which proves my point. This is the PROGRAMMER/ENCYCLOPEDIAN word for a dialog box window, which does NOT mean users should ever see it in ANY program.
    Link to at least ONE other program that uses the word "dialog" the same way, please?

EDIT: Another suggestion - now the word "About" and the word "GPU-Z" are duplicated in the two lines of the About tooltip, which is redundant.
    Suggestion: Have the two lines like this instead:
    About GPU-Z
    Show program version info (or maybe "Show GPU-Z version info")
    or maybe "Show program version and copyright info"

3. Naki Win User
    Minor suggestion: Change About screen tooltip wording

I love how the About screen (logo/brand button) tooltip has an Info icon too, not just a text tooltip.
    However, the 2nd line of the tooltip text says:
    Show the GPU-Z About dialog
    "Dialog" is a programming term, not something all users would understand or be used to.
    So, I suggest for that to be changed, for example to:
    Show the GPU-Z About screen
    (or something similar)

Thanks in advance for any comments. *Smile Tooltips not showing, showing black box instead :)

4. swarfega Win User

Tooltips not showing, showing black box instead

Tooltips not showing in Chrome

For a while now I've noticed that Chrome isn't showing tooltips anywhere. Either when hovering over links or images. I am not sure what's preventing them from showing.

swarfega, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Tooltips not showing, showing black box instead

1. Tooltips not showing, showing black box instead - Similar Threads - Tooltips showing showing

2. Windows showing sign in instead of password box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows showing sign in instead of password box: I am not able to sign in to my windows 11. When i start my pc its showing me my account profile on the top and sign in is written below it and there is no password box and when i click on that sign in button its shows me just a moment but nothing happens it again show ne the...
  3. Windows showing sign in instead of password box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows showing sign in instead of password box: I am not able to sign in to my windows 11. When i start my pc its showing me my account profile on the top and sign in is written below it and there is no password box and when i click on that sign in button its shows me just a moment but nothing happens it again show ne the...
  4. All Notifications show as blank, black boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Notifications show as blank, black boxes: All pop out notifications are showing up as unreadable black boxes. This is causing serious issues with keeping apprised of meeting starts, email notifications, just basic daily functions.Windows is up to date.GPU Drivers removed and re-installed.Notifications are on.Focus...
  5. Black Tooltip Boxes Under Minimize/Maximize/Close

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Tooltip Boxes Under Minimize/Maximize/Close: On Windows 10 I have black boxes that appear when I hover over the minimize/maximize/close buttons for most apps.I researched the forums and haven't found any concrete solution for this. My graphics driver is the latest available. I have run sfc /scannow.Nothing seems to...
  6. App's logo not showing in the search box, instead shows a black cross.

App's logo not showing in the search box, instead shows a black cross.: Recently, in my computer some of the app's logo are not visible in the windows search box, instead a cross is showing, whereas the logos are completely visible when pinned in the task bar. Please help me if you know any solution, I'll be highly obliged.[ATTACH]...
  7. Black boxes showing on desktop screen HELP

Black boxes showing on desktop screen HELP: Hi I download this thing that was supposed to clean up my desktop And make everything look a lot better in return I got this [IMG] How could i go about getting my icons back?...
  8. Tooltips give black boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tooltips give black boxes: Hello, I was using my computer normally then suddenly noticed one day all my tool tips have black bars over it. I also noticed that when I go to Device Manager, all the words within that have black bars over them as well and the same happens at the top of many programs such...
  9. Tooltips not showing in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Tooltips not showing in Chrome: For a while now I've noticed that Chrome isn't showing tooltips anywhere. Either when hovering over links or images. I am not sure what's preventing them from showing. 37273
  10. Temporary black box shows on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Temporary black box shows on startup: Running Win 10 on a HP Envy and upon startup everything normal, then icons appear on desktop, then a 5 inch black square in upper right of screen and this hangs for about thirty seconds then disappears and everything is fine. This does not occur on restart. At the top of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 black tooltip

2. tooltip not working windows 10

3. windows 10 windows explorer close button tooltip

4. black box appear after hovering over desktop icons windows 10,
  5. windows 10 black box tooltip,
  6. explorer tooltio black box,
  7. windows tooltips close maximize black,
  8. windows 10 minimize button tooltip black