Windows 10: ToolTips, Other Functionality, Disappears After Sleep

Discus and support ToolTips, Other Functionality, Disappears After Sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am new to Win 10, just purchased a Surface Pro 4 about two weeks ago. Not loving it. Several things that is driving me nuts: The ToolTips that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rjbinney, Jul 21, 2016.

1. rjbinney Win User

ToolTips, Other Functionality, Disappears After Sleep

I am new to Win 10, just purchased a Surface Pro 4 about two weeks ago. Not loving it.

Several things that is driving me nuts:
    • The ToolTips that appear when I hover my mouse over the system tray disappear
    • The Surface Pen loses functionality:
      • Clicking the eraser doesn't launch OneNote
      • Double-clicking the eraser doesn't take a screenshot
      • Long-pressing the tip to the screen does not launch the context menu

Note this problem appears sporadically. Service is always restored by a reboot; I don't know if coming out of sleep is the first time it happens, but that is the first time I notice it.

I have seen another post about a batch file to reset notifications. That's not the issue; the issue is the ToolTips stop appearing.

Thanks for any advice.

:)

rjbinney, Jul 21, 2016
  2. Mike Daw Win User

Tooltip won't disappear even after reboot.

The culprit was the Office Teams desktop app. Somehow the 'mimimize' tooltip got stuck on the desktop, and everytime the app opened (i.e. after a reboot) that tooltip would show up again. I was randomly killing tasks, and finally after killing the Teams
    app, the tooltip disappeared.

Mike Daw, Jul 21, 2016
  3. Tooltips in Notification Tray In Windows 10

So I've noticed that tooltips shows while windows is still starting up, but once everythings full up and running they disappear completely. I did the scannow /sfc. I also notice that microsoft programs have no problems displaying tooltips, like the Microsoft
    Upload Center tooltip always displays fine, but other programs don't. It's like they've changed how tooltips work and don't support legacy tooltips.

PartTimeTechie, Jul 21, 2016
  4. rjbinney Win User

Correction - it does not appear after coming out of Sleep mode, but rather after coming back from having the Display off.

I have the Power options set for 10 minutes before screen shuts off; I was away for over an hour, so I don't know if they are connected or coincidence.

rjbinney, Jul 22, 2016
Thema:

1. ToolTips, Other Functionality, Disappears After Sleep - Similar Threads - ToolTips Functionality Disappears

2. Sleep function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep function: I recently updated with KB4601050,KB4023057,KB4580325. My sleep function was working perfect before the upgrading. Now even though the setting are the same in settings, the sleep function no longer works and the PC and displays are on constantly. Looking for how to fix...
  3. tooltips in taskbar

tooltips in taskbar: Anyone now how to stop tooltips when hovering over taskbar; Always in the way and never adding anything of value? I see the question appearing since a long time. So by now MS should have been able to present some solution... regedit??...
  4. WLAN function disappeared after windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLAN function disappeared after windows update: Hello, this is the third time i"ve been facing with the same problem without any solution and the wifi just recovering by itself I would like to ask, my wlan function suddenly disappeared after i have window10 update , i tried cmd promt and recovering my windows, but it...
  5. Wifi Adapter Disappeared After Sleep

Wifi Adapter Disappeared After Sleep: My wifi was working fine recently, I had no power supply so it was running low on battery. Right around when the battery was around 10-20%, I decided to put it on sleep for a few hours until I get power supply. So after a few hours, I opened the system and the wifi was gone....
  6. Sound disappearing after hibernation or sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sound disappearing after hibernation or sleep: My new PC won't play sound after hibernation or sleep, so I have to completely restart to make it work again. I didn't have the same issue with my previous PC. Is there a setting I can change to make it work?...
  7. Wifi adapter disappears after sleep

Wifi adapter disappears after sleep: Hi, My wifi adapter "Broadcom 802.11ac Wireless Adapter" disappears after I put the computer to sleep. This is resolved if I restart the computer. It only happens when I uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". I did this because my wifi...
  8. My Bluetooth Functionality Disappeared After a Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Bluetooth Functionality Disappeared After a Restart: This morning, after starting up my computer after a restart was prompted last night, I noticed that my desktop computer, which has had Bluetooth capability since I got it in 2014, no longer shows any sign of Bluetooth capability, outside of acknowledging troubleshooter...
  9. Tooltip Duration

Tooltip Duration: I am not sure I am using the correct terminology but in my words I need to lengthen the duration that tooltips are shown. What I call a tooltip is those little prompts that show up when we hover over things. Such as in a Files Explorer search results and we want to see the...
  10. No tooltips appear

in Windows 10 Support
    No tooltips appear: Looks like I spoke too soon - it's gone again. Seems to come and go randomly, sometimes works again after reboot and sometimes not. 24856

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tooltip hoverover disappears too soon