Windows 10: Top 2 inches window missing on the any folder explorer.

Discus and support Top 2 inches window missing on the any folder explorer. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Operating system is Win 10 pro. the issue is very strange when I open my documents or my computers then on the windows top whole toolbar, search bar,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IT Support (ITSupport)2, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Top 2 inches window missing on the any folder explorer.

Operating system is Win 10 pro.

the issue is very strange when I open my documents or my computers then on the windows top whole toolbar, search bar, exit /minimize bar is missing.

Like window explorer is open as full windows but i cannot see the top 1 inch of the page. and that portion shoes as transparent and if i click on that area any other document or program which is opened behind this document will open. i men if we have any desktop icon in that area, that will work if i click. and its only happening on the extended monitor. ( which is connected with lenovo laptop)

Tried to change windows theme, change monitor, update display driver, ran SFC scannow. fixed .dll files with ccleaner. nothing works

How i am fixing this temporary: i am just increasing display Scale size from 100 to 125 and then move it back to 100, which shows up top portion right away. and then it start doing after 5-6 days.

Top 2 inches window missing on the any folder explorer. [​IMG]

:)

IT Support (ITSupport)2, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Top 2 inches window missing on the any folder explorer.

If I try to open firefox, ie or chrome it is an inch lower and nothing works in the top inch.

Hi,

There are different reasons why you are experiencing challenges at how the top inch of your screen appears. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using? Click
      here
      for instruction on how to find your Windows 10 build. Refer to the image provided below.

Top 2 inches window missing on the any folder explorer. f379ed8b-e8a5-4af6-9e3b-a976effc0202.png

• For clarification, is the issue happening to the top inch of the browser window or the top inch of your computer screen? Kindly provide us a screenshot of what you’re seeing on your computer. Please make sure to avoid including any personal information
      in the screenshot.
    • Is the issue happening to all applications, or just limited to when you’re opening the browsers?
    • Did you make any changes before this issue happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Top 2 inches window missing on the any folder explorer.

1. Top 2 inches window missing on the any folder explorer. - Similar Threads - Top inches window

2. White Bar Covers top 1 inch of screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Bar Covers top 1 inch of screen.: This has been asked over and over and the basic answers of updating drivers does not solve the problem. It is mostly always in a dual monitor setup. Refreshing the video driver only fixes it for a brief time. The Keystroke will reset the video system and work for short...
  3. Return of the annoying Windows Explorer folder jump to top bug.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Return of the annoying Windows Explorer folder jump to top bug.: So as a builder of my own PCs since the mid 90s, later windows versions back to XP have suffered from the really annoying behaviour in File Explorer where once the fist column is expanded beyond what can be displayed and a scroll bar appears a few seconds later the column...
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer "Folders" Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 File Explorer "Folders" Missing: The folders in the file explorer (Downloads, Documents, Videos, Pictures, etc) are missing. Those folders were previously located upper to the "Devices and Drives" in the explorer. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/MrGhost23 [link] [comments]...
  5. My windows 10 system tray went from 1/2 inch high to 2 inches high ??

My windows 10 system tray went from 1/2 inch high to 2 inches high ??: The system tray on my desktop suddenly decided to get much larger. It was 1/2 inch high, and now is 2 inches high. It now occupies 1/3 of my Lenovo laptop screen. I've tried everything to fix it, but NG. Windows 10....
  6. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder: Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder I've been using Windows 10 since it came out in 2015 and this issue just started yesterday October 6, 2019. I found an old thread concerning this issue but my current windows settings are the same as those recommended in that...
  7. Folders Missing in Explorer

Folders Missing in Explorer: I opened up file explorer this morning and on my D drive, only my photos folder was visible. Six other folders seem to be missing. I checked a few recent files through excel and word and I could open them up without any problem. In the applications, when I look for a recent...
  8. Missing OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer

Missing OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer: My OneDrive folder is no longer located in file explorer. I do have the icon in my system tray, but can't save files directly to that folder. I want onedrive back on my file explorer bar....
  9. 1 1/2 inch gray bar at top of Edge

1 1/2 inch gray bar at top of Edge: How do I get rid of 1 1/2" dark gray bar at top of Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/1-12-inch-gray-bar-at-top-of-edge/63c48ee6-7e62-4a4f-a3f0-488ccf5196ff
  10. Make a folder a top level library in explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Make a folder a top level library in explorer: I was able to do this in Win 7 however not having it anymore I can't figure out how I did it. In explorer the library icons on the left pane have the actual folder as a submenu item, that is if you expand a library you have to expand the actual folder to see the subfolders. I...