Windows 10: Toshiba cd/dvd no longer open and play music or video after updating f

Discus and support Toshiba cd/dvd no longer open and play music or video after updating f in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I do have a Toshiba laptop no longer playing music or movie after updating from Windows 8 to 10 online. In my computer, I see the icon of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sylvaincyr, May 15, 2018.

1. Toshiba cd/dvd no longer open and play music or video after updating f

Hello,

I do have a Toshiba laptop no longer playing music or movie after updating from Windows 8 to 10 online. In my computer, I see the icon of the CD/DVD but when I put a commercial cd music or video, different one, I do have the same popup windows asking to insert the CD. I am not able to view the content at all of all cd I tried.

Searching the net, common solution were provided with no success.

In device manager I uninstall the driver of the cd, and ide controller, rebooted. The new driver did reinstalled but still unable to view the content of the cd.

in control panel, there is an application who search problem with your devices. No error found

On the internet it ask to use and application call fix it, but it's not free.

On the internet it suggest to re edit the registry. The details where to go online does not match what I have on my laptop.

I don't think resetting windows 10 to default will work, because cd never played at all in windows 10.
    Most solution on the internet including the manufacturer lead to the following steps below. I had no luck,

How to Fix a DVD or CD Drive Not Working or Missing in Windows 10

Can someone help me out?
    S.

:)

sylvaincyr, May 15, 2018

2. Why does my CD rom no longer play DVD after the WINDows 10 upgrade?

Why does my CD rom no longer play DVD after the WINDows 10 upgrade?

angellissna, May 16, 2018
  3. Pepsi100 Win User
    Unable to create Music CD/DVD in Windows 10

*Original Title: making a custom music cd

I have Win 10, I have tried to make a music CD

I open up the CD/DVD drive, put in a CD, dragged the files to the drive and clicked burn

Seemed all very simple, nope this is Win 10

The files are on the disc, they play on the PC and laptop

But the disc wont play in a CD player (in the wife's car)

I have opened up the media player but there is no menu bar at the top (I thought I would need the menu bar to write a music disc

Can music CD's been burnt with this media player, if so how ?

How can I make a DVD of a home video (because I will be wanting to do this when I go on holiday when summer arrives, may as well ask this now as well, rather than a new topic when I do start trying to make a DVD

Pepsi100, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Toshiba cd/dvd no longer open and play music or video after updating f

1. Toshiba cd/dvd no longer open and play music or video after updating f - Similar Threads - Toshiba dvd longer

2. cd/dvd play download....does not play dvd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd/dvd play download....does not play dvd: downloaded cd/dvd player app, does not work $14.95 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-play-downloaddoes-not-play-dvd/5c598541-7a75-4f19-b651-2ca48a4bd0ed
  3. play cd music

play cd music: play disc music https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-cd-music/a6cd6f5c-8832-4205-b112-1193f00c4a9c
  4. cd/dvd not playing

cd/dvd not playing: windows 10 will not recognize my cd player how do i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-not-playing/96a6c509-0bdb-4de1-84c2-36f3ef57bd5d
  5. can't play a cd/dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't play a cd/dvd: Why can't I play a cd or dvd. it's an instructional one for my sewing machine and I'm having a problem with it. It wants to go to Media player, but that doesn't work. I am so tired of Windows 10, everything is so friggin difficult....
  6. CD/DVD+-RW will not play.

CD/DVD+-RW will not play.: It worked fine before I updated to Windows 10. I've tried everything I read but still no success. I've uninstalled and rebooted comp (nothing). I look in the DIRECTORY and it is there. I right click and can open it, but it still will not read the disk. I ran a hardware scan...
  7. CD / DVD not playing

CD / DVD not playing: Hi I am not able to play cds on my laptop, windows 10. I used to get a pop up as soon as I inserted the cd previously, but I don't get that anymore. Tried opening Drive E but it kept prompting me to insert a cd despite the cd being inserted anyway. Kindly assist asap....
  8. CD / DVD drive no longer works after W10 update

CD / DVD drive no longer works after W10 update: CD / DVD drive no longer works after W10 update last night (02/18/19). Please see below. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance. The following error messages are given when I insert a known good and legal DVD (region code 1). Something happened on our end....
  9. DVD/CD'S Not Playing

DVD/CD'S Not Playing: Dvd's/cd's are no longer playing on my ACER Aspire E15 laptop. I downloaded Windows 10 last year. I have not used my dvd drive since installing Windows 10. When I put a DVD in, the green light comes on and then goes off and nothing else happens. The DVD/CD drive shows on...
  10. playing cd and dvd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playing cd and dvd: I can no longer play cds or dvds on my laptop with windows 10. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/playing-cd-and-dvd/fffe71ef-afda-48b2-a7ad-b4f1e55846c0