Windows 10: Toshiba External Hard Drive triggers NTI EZ on intial boot.

Discus and support Toshiba External Hard Drive triggers NTI EZ on intial boot. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hoping somebody has experienced this - I recently purchased an HP Elite 8300, Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM. I transferred all the data from my old computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matthewzelah, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Toshiba External Hard Drive triggers NTI EZ on intial boot.

Hoping somebody has experienced this - I recently purchased an HP Elite 8300, Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM. I transferred all the data from my old computer manually, using a Toshiba 2TB external hard drive. During the process, I learned that if the Toshiba is connected to the new computer during the initial boot, it caused NTI EZ Backup to load. I checked, and as far as I can tell, NTI isn't part of the new computer's software. I could disconnect the Toshiba, and the computer would boot properly, but once reconnected, even after a full formatting of the Toshiba, it still triggers NTI EZ. I had previously used the Toshiba as a backup disk, so I'm wondering if there's something residual of the partition, even after formatting. I've tried rearranging the boot order, but no success. Is there any way I can salvage my external hard drive? I'm officially out of my depth; please help.

:)

Matthewzelah, Jan 1, 2018
  2. SHD123 Win User

Toshiba external drive - Deleted backup software

I purchased a Toshiba external drive with NTI EZ backup. I had to reinstall my window 10 and I forgot to save the backup software. How can I restore the backup software? and if I cannot can I use the external drive with Windows backup software?

I just found out that there is not any drive letter assigned to the external drive after I connect it, is there a way to assign one?

SHD123, Jan 1, 2018
  3. Toshiba external drive - Deleted backup software

"Thanks for the help. I downloaded and installed NTI EZ backup and all went well until I tried to do a backup. NTI connected to F: drive that is actually a file on the machine that I can not delete.
    If you have any Ideals on how to remove or rename a drive please let me know."

#SamDavidson#, Jan 1, 2018
  4. Toshiba External Hard Drive triggers NTI EZ on intial boot.

Can you post a screenshot of the Disk Management window when your external drive is connected?

PolarNettles, Jan 1, 2018
  5. What software did you use to backup data to this drive when you were using it as a backup? Did the software come preinstalled on the external drive? Does this happen if connected to a different computer?

ArazelEternal, Jan 1, 2018
  6. Mooly Win User
    Does the NTI program appear under 'Programs and Features' in control panel ? In other words, is it/was it something that installed itself on your main C drive, whether accidently or otherwise.

If not, then is it possible to 'delete' the Toshiba drive in Disk Management Console and then recreate it as a new volume. Just wondering if there was some hidden area on the Toshiba that can't be seen.

Mooly, Jan 1, 2018
  7. That was my other idea. That software may be contained on a hidden partition.

ArazelEternal, Jan 1, 2018
  8. Toshiba External Hard Drive triggers NTI EZ on intial boot.

Pretty sure I used Windows backup on my old computer (Dell). The external didn't have anything preinstalled on it.

Matthewzelah, Jan 1, 2018
  9. Toshiba External Hard Drive triggers NTI EZ on intial boot. [​IMG]

Not sure if this is large enough to see, but it looks like there might be a partition in the Toshiba 2TB, or Disk 2.

Matthewzelah, Jan 2, 2018
  10. Bree New Member
    It is, we get an enlarged view if we click on your screenshot.

There is a 100MB partition at the start of your Disk 2 marked as (Active, EFI System Partition), probably this is the cause.

11. Yes, that likely has the UEFI code for the NTI backup software. If you're sure you don't need it you can delete the partition. I believe you should be able to restore it later with the tool at NTI - Backup Software, Migration Software, Cloning Software, Sync Software, CD DVD Burning Software - Official Site .

PolarNettles, Jan 2, 2018
  12. Matthewzelah, Jan 2, 2018
  13. Toshiba External Hard Drive triggers NTI EZ on intial boot.

Matthewzelah, Jan 2, 2018
  14. Bree New Member
Thema:

Toshiba External Hard Drive triggers NTI EZ on intial boot.

1. Toshiba External Hard Drive triggers NTI EZ on intial boot. - Similar Threads - Toshiba External Hard

2. 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .: 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive . Lights up when connected with the computer then shuts off The light not the drive . Troubleshooting says device cannot start code 10 . Then , problem with the driver. Says I have best driver . Tried reinstall . Reinstall fail all the time ....
  3. 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .: 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive . Lights up when connected with the computer then shuts off The light not the drive . Troubleshooting says device cannot start code 10 . Then , problem with the driver. Says I have best driver . Tried reinstall . Reinstall fail all the time ....
  4. Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive: Drive won't be recognized by Windows 10. Toshiba states it's because of a windows 10 update. How do I remedy this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-1tb-external-hard-drive/c97c98c0-f558-41d9-9099-f8690942888e
  5. 500 GB Toshiba External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    500 GB Toshiba External Hard Drive.: Hi can anyone please help. Recently purchased the above unit, and it worked 100%, recently tried to backup my new computer [Windows 10 -Lenovo} and I now find, that my ex.hardrive only shows - 35 gb of free space it should be showing 465 gb ??????? .Please help/advise....
  6. External Hard Drive wont boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive wont boot: Hi, I have a WD 2TB HDD1021 external drive and when I connect to my Windows 10 PC I get what looks like the partition in the drive ( 31 GB)which shows the following files; Bootmgr.efi bootmgr setup.exe autorun.inf boot efi sources support All my back-up files are not showing...
  7. Toshiba external hard drive not recognized

Toshiba external hard drive not recognized: [ATTACH] This is a Toshiba 3Tb external hard drive I have used in the past and it worked fine until one day I got this error. I have tried updating drivers, windows says I have the latest version. I've looked into partitioning, windows doesn't even show the hard drive. I...
  8. Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB

Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB: Hello, I have the above HDD and used it for storage for some while. I can no longer access the device. When I connect it to my laptop a light inside the unit flashes indicating it is receiving power. However, when I try to access the unit through "this pc" it is not showing...
  9. Toshiba external hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba external hard drive: windows 10. I installed the harddrive. did everything by the book. The device has been recognised and the owners manual uploaded to device, then I backed up to device, but can't open any files. The file icons are shown, but don't show size and I can't open any?...
  10. Toshiba external hard drive not detectible

Toshiba external hard drive not detectible: I have a Toshiba DWC250 5TB external drive formatted ReFS that I cannot detect in either Disk Management or by using DiskPart/List Disk. Cabling and power are sound. The unit is not user serviceable because the case is not designed to be opened. I use it in a storage pool on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop external hard drive from nti boot

2. external hd starts nti boot