Windows 10: Toshiba integrated webcam - camera app error and skype says in use

Discus and support Toshiba integrated webcam - camera app error and skype says in use in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good morning all, My spare laptop, a Toshiba Satellite C55-A5285 , which is on the latest build of WI win 10. I had finally decided to try out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RWOne, Jun 5, 2017.

1. RWOne Win User

Toshiba integrated webcam - camera app error and skype says in use

Good morning all,

My spare laptop, a Toshiba Satellite C55-A5285 , which is on the latest build of WI win 10.

I had finally decided to try out skype, because of the people integration, and setup my wife and daughter on this system, it was actually beneficial as now she has her own skype account.

In any case, I had not tried video on this unit. Trying skype tells me that the webcam is in use by another program.

Trying the camera app, or trying skype to test video results in an error 0xA00F4271 (0x80004005) with the webam led on and will repeat until i use TM to kill it.

I looked at drivers, and other threads online but cant get a handle on this one, all windows and app updates have been done (skype updated this am)

Bios is up to date as well for the model.

I downloaded a simple webcam viewer called mycam, and it has no issues opening the camera and displaying video.

So ... it is time to turn to you fellow windows groupies here *Smile

Thanks ahead of time for any assistance given.

:)

RWOne, Jun 5, 2017

2. Camera not working with Windows 10 0x200f424a(0x8007001f)

I have the same issue with a Toshiba Satellite S855D-S5120. The built-in camera is in Device Manager as Toshiba Webcam HD. Toshiba doesn't seem to have camera drivers for ANY Windows versions, only their Toshiba Webcam Application, which is installed and
    working. The installed driver on my computer is provided by Microsoft and is version 10.0.10240.16384. The thing is, every other camera app works fine - Skype, Google Hangouts, etc. I would humbly suggest that it is the Windows 10 Camera App that is the problem.
    Since other apps work I'll just keep using them. I just thought it'd be nice to find out what's wrong with the Windows 10 camera app.

P.S. More talk about this issue here: Camera App gives error, but camera working in Skype?

EverettBailey, Jun 5, 2017
  3. Camera problem

hi, When trying to use the Camera app, I'm getting an error message: 0xA00F4289<Active Camera Unplugged> (0xC00D3EA2) on an integrated webcam; drivers are up to date and anti-virus is not blocking camera use. the error message is not constant / static,
    but is flashing, as if trying to connect repeatedly. When trying to video call through Skype this again seems to repeatedly try to run the webcam, but not succeed Any ideas please?

MdAl-Amin2, Jun 5, 2017
  4. RWOne Win User

New build, MS must have addressed both. Working great now on both apps.

RWOne, Jun 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Toshiba integrated webcam - camera app error and skype says in use - Similar Threads - Toshiba integrated webcam

2. Integrated Webcam turns into PC Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Integrated Webcam turns into PC Camera: So, my problem is that during an online class my camera was working fine and the teachers could see me but suddenly my camera turned off without me doing anything, so I turn my camera on again and it turns off again and this keeps happening for a couple of minutes until when...
  3. Trouble editing camera properties on webcam using camera app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble editing camera properties on webcam using camera app: I've looked all over the place to try and change the settings for my new webcam, but I tried right clicking on the camera app and nothing happens. The only way I can edit the camera properties is through OBS Studio so far and the settings don't save or change for any other...
  4. Webcam - not working with Mircosoft Apps - teams/skype/camera

Webcam - not working with Mircosoft Apps - teams/skype/camera: I can see the camera HP Webcam HD2300 in the device manager. the software is up to date. When I open zoom settings the camera is working. However, when I make zoom calls the camera is not working. This started happening yesterday in Teams and it affects everything. I...
  5. Camera is not clear on Skype webcam and camera

Camera is not clear on Skype webcam and camera: Split from this thread. my camera is not clear on skype web cam and camera. I have tried everything. Nothing helps. wonder if its broken. There are no updated drivers to install. According to computer its working fine. Iv uninstalled it twice no difference. Iv changes the...
  6. Integrated camera/webcam

Integrated camera/webcam: Lenovo Yoga 510 Idea Pad error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> - lens is clearly visible on machine - can I get drivers to activate this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-camerawebcam/bb52326b-a8b5-443c-8940-0bcfeed02f4c
  7. Integrated camera error

Integrated camera error: Hi - I am using a HP LAPTOP-M6I8I0M4 running Windows 10 64 bit. I recently tried to use the integrated webcam for the first time in many months and received the following error "0xA00f4271 <media capture failed event> (0x80070005). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  8. Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps

Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps: So I just got a new laptop (MSI GE73 8RF) and noticed that the webcam doesn't seem to show any image in apps, only shows a black screen. The weird thing is it works perfectly fine on sites like www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/ but not on any of the Windows apps. Skype also...
  9. Disable Integrated Camera or Webcam in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Integrated Camera or Webcam in Windows: How to: Disable Integrated Camera or Webcam in Windows How to Disable Integrated Camera or Webcam in Windows In Windows 10, having a camera as part of your device or system lets you make Skype video calls, take pictures, etc. Many apps and services request and use the...
  10. skype webcam

skype webcam: i have just downloaded the skype app from the store. i go to options in the app and under camera there is nothing to select how can i fix this i have gone to pc settings-privacy-webcam-and allowed skype to use the cam 4305

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xa00f4289

2. toshiba satellite c55 skyoe mot working windows 10

3. 0xa00f4289 active camera unplugged

4. integrated webcam driver toshiba satellite,
  5. Skype 0xA00F4289,
  6. active cam unpluged,
  7. why is my tpshiba camera telling me camera is unplugged,
  8. 0xa00f4289 active camera unplugged (0xc00d3ea2),
  9. toshiba satellite webcam not working with skype,
  10. toshiba laptop has camera but skype says no camera detected