Windows 10: Toshiba Laptop has become really laggy

Discus and support Toshiba Laptop has become really laggy in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have done 1 Reset, which didn't fix the problem. I think I even did another Clean Installation. My computer has become really laggy and slow. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jesse Williams, May 31, 2017.

1. Toshiba Laptop has become really laggy

I have done 1 Reset, which didn't fix the problem. I think I even did another Clean Installation. My computer has become really laggy and slow. For example, the Mail app and certain features of Windows 10 such as the Start Menu, Settings app, and Store app have also been slow. I have done all of the suggested things to do with the "Performance tutorial on this forum". So far nothing has helped. If someone can assist me on how I can speed this thing up, please let me know.

The computer is just not as zippy as it was when I first bought it.

:)

Jesse Williams, May 31, 2017

2. Keyboard & Mouse: Acer Desktop - Keyboard: Toshiba Laptop

Keyboard & Mouse: Acer Desktop

Ever since I would say, the past upgrade for Windows 10, my mom's Acer desktop's keyboard has been really laggy. For example, when I go to wake it from sleep to unlock it, the keyboard's Number lock and Caps lock keys do not want to light up. It seems as if
    the keyboard doesn't want to respond in a timely manner along with the computer. The same goes for the wireless Logitech mouse.

Keyboard: Toshiba Laptop

The same as I mentioned above goes for the Toshiba Laptop that was originally mine, that I have given to my sister.

Thanks in advance! Toshiba Laptop has become really laggy :)

Jesse.Williams, May 31, 2017
  3. Win User
    Laggy UI

Aileen, is there any hope of Microsoft making its software responsive and not laggy? Or do slow sluggards do the development and not notice how laggy everything has become?

4. zbook New Member

Toshiba Laptop has become really laggy

Which of the two computers are you referring to: system 1 or 2? Are the listed specifications up to date?

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy these commands:

1) winver (in the pop up view the windows version and build and post into the forum)
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) on the administrative command prompt box right click on the top bar > left click edit > left click select all > right click the top bar again > left click edit > left click copy > paste into the forum
    5) msconfig (in the pop up check selective startup, uncheck load startup items, click on the services tab, check hide all Microsoft services, click disable all, apply/ok exit without rebooting
    6) taskmgr (in the pop up click on startup, click on the status column so that enabled rises to the top, then right click on each row and change to disabled, then reboot

Compare the performance before and after clean boot.

Create a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10

Post the results of each: winver, scannow, restorehealth, and chkdsk into the forum

zbook, May 31, 2017
  5. @zbook. Thanks. Will do!

6. Toshiba Laptop has become really laggy [​IMG]

7. zbook New Member
    For chkdsk please run chkdsk /scan

When it is complete copy and paste this:

get-winevent -FilterHashTable @{logname="Application"; id="1001"}| ?{$_.providername –match "wininit"} | fl timecreated, message | out-file Desktop\CHKDSKResults.txt

zbook, May 31, 2017
  8. Toshiba Laptop has become really laggy

Okay. Will do!

9. Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>winver

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[== 4.5% ]

10. zbook New Member
    zbook, May 31, 2017
  11. Jesse Williams, May 31, 2017
  12. @zbook, I have let the DISM command run all night. It still isn't finished. Should I close the command prompt and open it back up and restart it?

13. zbook New Member

Something is wrong. Close the administrative command box and reopen and then type or copy and paste these commands:

1) dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Each of these command should complete in less than 15 minutes each.

zbook, May 31, 2017
  14. Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>winver

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

It finally completed.

15. The performance seems to be doing good with the Clean Boot option enabled. Also, after I ran those commands, it seemed to have straightened up as well.

Thema:

1. Toshiba Laptop has become really laggy - Similar Threads - Toshiba Laptop has

2. windows 11 audio becomes laggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 audio becomes laggy: I bought recently a new laptop Asus Viva book with Windows 11 but the audio on YouTube or Spotify becomes laggy, and it just stops whenever I use a new tab. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-audio-becomes-laggy/bc058f83-a1a6-4a06-9724-d2454513fa23
  3. windows 11 audio becomes laggy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 audio becomes laggy: I bought recently a new laptop Asus Viva book with Windows 11 but the audio on YouTube or Spotify becomes laggy, and it just stops whenever I use a new tab. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-audio-becomes-laggy/bc058f83-a1a6-4a06-9724-d2454513fa23
  4. Computer has become extremely slow and laggy all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer has become extremely slow and laggy all of a sudden: I am using Windows 10 home, processor is IntelR CoreTM i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.01 GHz, 16.0 GB, 64 bit.When for example I scroll over folders, it takes a couple seconds for it to be highlighted, everything is overall gittering. It gets particularly worse when I open games...
  5. Computer has become extremely slow and laggy all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer has become extremely slow and laggy all of a sudden: I am using Windows 10 home, processor is IntelR CoreTM i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.01 GHz, 16.0 GB, 64 bit.When for example I scroll over folders, it takes a couple seconds for it to be highlighted, everything is overall gittering. It gets particularly worse when I open games...
  6. Computer has become extremely slow and laggy all of a sudden

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC becoming slow and laggy

PC becoming slow and laggy: I was wondering if anyone new how to fix the problem with my pc as it has become very laggy and slow and cant run applications as good as it did before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-becoming-slow-and-laggy/8fa58752-bc98-4203-9146-9d95d2175991
  8. Laptop Has No Legs Anymore - Laggy!

Laptop Has No Legs Anymore - Laggy!: Hi, I'm not sure where to start with this, and whether this is in the right forum, but I'm in self-isolation, my girlfriend is 38 weeks pregnant and I'm being forced to watch my business crumble from under my feet because of the C-word. But anyway, enough about me. About...
  9. window dragging is really laggy

window dragging is really laggy: this is an issue I've had for a while, but that i no longer tolerate. for a while now, dragging around any window in windows 10 takes a while to respond, starts moving slowly and it only gets exponentially worse if i start "shaking" my mouse, like if every direction i moved...
  10. Microsoft Edge becomes laggy

Microsoft Edge becomes laggy: Microsoft Edge becomes laggy the longer I browse the internet. Especially in chat conferences with many participants. With people in chat exceeds to 10 people it becomes laggy. Is there a way to improve Microsoft Edge performance? Please help....