Windows 10: Toshiba Laptop - Internet disconnects, frequent disconnects

Discus and support Toshiba Laptop - Internet disconnects, frequent disconnects in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, My network connection may need some troubleshooting. Here is what I did, tried to install latest drivers (but newer drivers were already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jinzu, Feb 12, 2017.

1. jinzu Win User

Toshiba Laptop - Internet disconnects, frequent disconnects

Hello all,

My network connection may need some troubleshooting. Here is what I did, tried to install latest drivers (but newer drivers were already installed). Then I did a fresh repair install with the same problem.

What is going on is this: Internet connection (wifi) requires a login through Cisco's client portal, it is a guest account.

Many times the internet connection does not connect and the close button appears with my home wifi connection not displaying. Also the speeds are not as what they should be at times.

Do I have a virus or something or is this a normal problem?

:)

jinzu, Feb 12, 2017

2. Internet frequent disconnection

I'm not experiencing any issues with my SGH-i917 (Focus) so I would guess it might be caused by the the way you might be holding it. Make sure the top of the phone is not being obstructed with your hands ... that could cause an issue.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Feb 12, 2017
  3. Internet frequent disconnection

Hello Team,

1. Phone Manufacturer - Samsung

2. Phone Model - SGH-i917 (Focus)

3. Mobile Operator - Vodafone India

4. Phone Operating System version - 7.5

5. Zune software version - 4.8

6. Computer Operating System version - Windows 7 enterprise

I have the Focus unlocked phone from at&t and using it in India, I have set the APN and the internet works fine, only problem I face is all of a sudden internet stops working and I have to reset the phone. This happens once in a day or two and gets irritating
    to reset the phone always. I have complined to Vodafone and they changed the SIM card as well and the problem copntinues. I use it on other phone and everything works normal without any problem.

Thanks to let me know if there is any fix for this.

Sridhar Reddy80, Feb 12, 2017
  4. Toshiba Laptop - Internet disconnects, frequent disconnects

Welcome to the Tenforums @jinzu

I assume this started recently. If not the information below may fix but we should check interference from other networks. So assuming this started recently.

You may want to disable IPv6. This link was provided by @Fafhrd

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...nts-in-windows

If that does not resolve please go to Toshiba's web site and download their driver for your wireless card. Its older. Install. Test. If this provides stability we have to shut off Windows updating drivers.

Caledon Ken, Feb 12, 2017
  5. jinzu Win User
    I will keep that suggestion for older drivers in mind. As the Internet is working as of now I cannot say if the problem is truly fixed.

jinzu, Feb 12, 2017
  6. Did you disable IPv6 to get it working. If not did you do something else? Would like to know so we can add to knowledge base, lots of connectivity issues.

Thanks

Caledon Ken, Feb 12, 2017
  7. jinzu Win User
    My apologies. What I did was disable IPv6 with the link you posted. I usually have connectivity issues around evening. I do not know if it has something to do with only 10 allotted positions on the guest network and everyone is home at this time. Or maybe it is something else. I will see if there is any issue tonight and post back then.

<<Edit>>
    The issues are still occurring after reinstalling drivers and disabling the IPv6. I am stuck as far as what to do. Maybe I have malware?

jinzu, Feb 12, 2017
  8. Toshiba Laptop - Internet disconnects, frequent disconnects

Well can you run this in time frame when you are connected but having difficulties.

At command prompt(admin)

netsh wlan show all

Once the output is produced, click in command window, then Crtl + A, then Crtl + C and paste into notepad. Post text file.

Caledon Ken, Feb 14, 2017
  9. jinzu Win User
    Here is the text file.

jinzu, Feb 15, 2017
  10. Thanks.

Interesting that you are using an Open Guest network, I read your first post about Cisco portal. Really not understanding.

You are also over lapping with another network ATTeQmnYgs. Both channel 1.

All your signal strengths are low results in the low throughputs. Is it possible to reposition router? Higher is better, not beside large metal objects or noisy device like cordless phones.

I assume you have control of router, maybe not with your comments about Cisco portal. Are you familiar with with changing channels. I would use 3 or 8. I would also secure your guest connection. My guest connections are secured. (maybe I need to understand why Cisco Portal requires open security.

One thing I noted right away, your Intel 7265 adapter. I have a 7260 and the only way I can get stability is to use an older driver from February 2014. You are using a November 2016 driver. There is a newer driver on Intel's site from Feb this year. I read somewhere on their site a couple of weeks ago the newer drivers would fix things, obviously not. That said you could try the absolute latest.

Next I would shut off Wi-FI Sense. Had someone the other day who had excellent results by doing this.

Start Menu => Settings => Network and Internet => WI-Fi

On right of page, you may have to scroll down a little, you will see words Wi-Fi Sense. Ensure all switches from this point down are off, including Wi-Fi sense.

Now as last resort we could try to figure out how to get my driver file to you. I can't post exe's.

Let's deal with that after you
    Reposition Router
    Change Channels
    Implement WPA2 security on Guest network (if at all possible.)
    Try newest Intel driver. Downloads for Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
    Please use a 2.4GHz band.

When you are in router see if you have settings to adjust power output. Could you share what is the make model or router. This may all be meaningless if you don't have authority to implement changes.

Caledon Ken, Feb 15, 2017
  11. jinzu Win User
    Hello again, and thank you for your assistance.

However I cannot re position the router as it is on the bottom floor in a tight spot. Also I have the latest drivers updated from two days ago.

I can try changing the channels when my parent gets home as they have the admin login. I do not know why the security is listed as open because initial setup requires a password on the Cisco portal (it has an actual password for the network).

Also I can get the network to 2.4 GHz if not so already when my parent gets home and I have the router password.

jinzu, Feb 15, 2017
  12. Okay. Its okay to be on bottom floor although your words of "tight space" has me concerned. Your signal isn't very strong so it will help if you adjust.

I'm not big on going to these "Driver Warehouse" as I prefer going to a vendor site. That said if you can find a driver from earlier 2014, say v17.0.x.x you may just find it cures your problem.

I now understand, your guest network is open but you need to go through a Password page. Cool.

Caledon Ken, Feb 15, 2017
  13. jinzu Win User

I am unsure what speed is being paid for so I do not know really if the speed I get from different speed tests is close to paid speeds. I get usually ~20Mbps down and ~6Mbps up.

Also there is no way to re position the router. Also where could I get a driver besides the one given by Intel? Would one by realtek work even though it is an Intel card?

jinzu, Feb 15, 2017
  14. With low signal strengths you are not going to get good speeds between you and router.

Did you shut off WiFi Sense and all the options below those words?

As to driver you could start with looking to see which one is on Toshiba site. No you cannot use Realtek.

I found this on Techspot. I would trust them. That said, scan the file when you download it. The decision to load rests with you. You can also search web for drivers by searching "Drivers Intel AC7265"

Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers 17.1.1532.1813 Driver - TechSpot

If you scroll down this page you will see a driver for Windows 8 64 or 32 bit V16.10.0 dated February 27, 2014.

Create a restore point. If this works, please protect the downloaded file as I find major Windows updates will install "New", then you have to re-install.

Please post back results. I would try shutting of Wi-Fi Sense first.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 16, 2017
  15. jinzu Win User
    Ok the Internet still has its stalls (~6 seconds to fully load google.com) but for now its working. It may stop later on in the day or night time. Also wifi sense is disabled. I installed the v 17.x.x driver you mentioned and it is what I am using now. Hopefully I can have some stable Internet.

jinzu, Feb 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Toshiba Laptop - Internet disconnects, frequent disconnects - Similar Threads - Toshiba Laptop Internet

2. Wifi frequently disconnects from laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi frequently disconnects from laptop: Wifi frequently disconnects from my laptop after being idle for a few minutes and also when sleeping. I tried to change the power management settings for the network adapter but there is no such tab listed. This seems to be a widespread issue for which I've read through...
  3. Wifi frequently disconnects from laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi frequently disconnects from laptop: Wifi frequently disconnects from my laptop after being idle for a few minutes and also when sleeping. I tried to change the power management settings for the network adapter but there is no such tab listed. This seems to be a widespread issue for which I've read through...
  4. Frequent disconnection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent disconnection: I have extremely fast internet, and my roommate is not having the issues I am, and is using the same signal. Here is the error:Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 10/23/2023 1:51:42 PM Event ID: 411 Task Category:...
  5. Frequent disconnection

Frequent disconnection: I have extremely fast internet, and my roommate is not having the issues I am, and is using the same signal. Here is the error:Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 10/23/2023 1:51:42 PM Event ID: 411 Task Category:...
  6. DNS probe finished no internet. frequent disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS probe finished no internet. frequent disconnecting.: Hello.My moms laptop keeps doing this thing where the internet will randomly cut out, but the wifi is still connected. Often times it will literally say "internet access" yet it doesnt let you go on any websites it does say No Internet Access sometimes too, its pretty 50/50....
  7. DNS probe finished no internet. frequent disconnecting.

DNS probe finished no internet. frequent disconnecting.: Hello.My moms laptop keeps doing this thing where the internet will randomly cut out, but the wifi is still connected. Often times it will literally say "internet access" yet it doesnt let you go on any websites it does say No Internet Access sometimes too, its pretty 50/50....
  8. Internet keeps disconnecting randomly and frequently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet keeps disconnecting randomly and frequently: Hey, as the title says i've been having an issue where my internet would just keep dropping out serveral times in the space of a minute or just one randomly here and there, the icon that usually looks like a small screen turns into a globe looking icon and says im...
  9. Frequent Disconnections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Frequent Disconnections: For some time now I have been getting frequent disconnections most days. There Are some days when its ok but more often than not I will get several 1 second disconnections a day and then it comes back online. We recently had an engineer out to modernise our main telephone...
  10. WAN Internet disconnects very frequently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WAN Internet disconnects very frequently: Hello everyone, I have the following problem which is slowly driving me mad: About two months ago I built a new desktop PC from scratch. The relevant specs: Mainboard: MSI B250M Mortar Arctic Processor: Intel i5 7500 Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB GDDR4 Windows...