Windows 10: Toshiba recalls 100,000 laptop batteries due to risk of melting

Discus and support Toshiba recalls 100,000 laptop batteries due to risk of melting in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Owners of Toshiba laptops take note - the company is recalling over 100,000 laptop batteries because of a risk they can overheat and melt.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Toshiba recalls 100,000 laptop batteries due to risk of melting

Read more: Toshiba recalls 100,000 laptop batteries due to risk of 'overheating and melting' | ZDNet

Brink, Mar 30, 2016
  2. rvbfan Win User

I wonder if this will be extended to Panasonic batteries in general?

:)

rvbfan, Mar 30, 2016
  3. I get an Error Code 1316 while uninstalling the TBCU program- Windows 10.

Original Title - Error code 1316

Had downloaded the Toshiba Battery Check Utility to see if my laptop battery was part of the Panasonic battery recall. When I go to uninstall the TBCU program, I get an Error Code 1316. Any idea why this error occurs and why it prevents the uninstall?

Mick Kassem, Mar 30, 2016
  4. Toshiba recalls 100,000 laptop batteries due to risk of melting

Extreemly Hot Battery - Nokia 5140

Yeah I concur !!

Ok the battery will increase in warmth a little due to charging but in no way should melt anything on the battery or on the handset.

Turn it off and book it straight into a Nokia Repair centre.

bandofbrothers---01, Mar 30, 2016
  5. AcuraTML Win User
    @rvbfan,

You got a point I suggest you give them a call the majority of all these batteries come from China and they are the primary vendor for most of these portable computing battery suppliers...

Portable batteries are a technology that is many years behind the times and I wish someone re-vamps the design and standards, example 6 months to 12 month lifespan doesn't make any sense to me...

AcuraTML, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Toshiba recalls 100,000 laptop batteries due to risk of melting

1. Toshiba recalls 100,000 laptop batteries due to risk of melting - Similar Threads - Toshiba recalls 100

2. Toshiba laptop battery keeps dying despite new battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba laptop battery keeps dying despite new battery: I've recently got yet another new battery for my Toshiba s50. However I don't think the battery is getting charged properly as the indicators when charging don't match up and it discharges way too quickly for a new battery. Are there any settings I'm missing here? This is an...
  3. New Battery for Toshiba S50B15F

New Battery for Toshiba S50B15F: Hey all desperately need a new battery for my Toshiba S50B15F as current one is knackered, Barely get 2 hours out if it. Where can you recommend to buy a replacement. I'm in the UK TIA Bart 160037
  4. New Battery for Toshiba S50B15F

in Windows 10 Support
    New Battery for Toshiba S50B15F: Hey all desperately need a new battery for my Toshiba S50B15F as current one is knackered, Barely get 2 hours out if it. Where can you recommend to buy a replacement. I'm in the UK TIA Bart 160037
  5. Laptop Battery for Toshiba S50

Laptop Battery for Toshiba S50: Hi all need a new battery for my windows 10 laptop a Toshiba S50 Any suggestions where to get from Im based in London? TIA Bart w1909 159435
  6. Laptop Battery for Toshiba S50

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Battery for Toshiba S50: Hi all need a new battery for my windows 10 laptop a Toshiba S50 Any suggestions where to get from Im based in London? TIA Bart w1909 159435
  7. Laptop battery 100% Charge

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop battery 100% Charge: My Laptop battery is 100% Charge, but not supporting the computer. In that if I you should unplug the electric wire, my laptop would shut off. What can I do to have my battery work again? it seems as if the problems start after windows 10 automatically updating....
  8. New Battery for L735 Toshiba Laptop

New Battery for L735 Toshiba Laptop: Hi All Need some help. I have a old Toshiba L735 Satellite Laptop which I use as a back and with a SSD in it it works well. However the battery is shocking. I bought a replacement battery a while ago and that turned out a dud. Any advice on buying a new battery for this...
  9. New Battery for L735 Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    New Battery for L735 Toshiba Laptop: Hi All Need some help. I have a old Toshiba L735 Satellite Laptop which I use as a back and with a SSD in it it works well. However the battery is shocking. I bought a replacement battery a while ago and that turned out a dud. Any advice on buying a new battery for this...
  10. HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement

in Windows 10 News
    HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement: Update January 24th 2017, see: HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement On June 14, 2016 HP announced a worldwide voluntary safety recall and replacement program in cooperation with various government regulatory agencies, for certain notebook...