Windows 10: Toshiba Satillite Refuses to Boot to Windows 10 Usb, (No CD Drive)

Discus and support Toshiba Satillite Refuses to Boot to Windows 10 Usb, (No CD Drive) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a Client who wants a password reset on their system, but the methods for doing so, (in this case through reinstall through windows 10 USB),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SotoPrior, Aug 30, 2017.

1. SotoPrior Win User

Toshiba Satillite Refuses to Boot to Windows 10 Usb, (No CD Drive)

I got a Client who wants a password reset on their system, but the methods for doing so, (in this case through reinstall through windows 10 USB), refuses to be detected, or more specifically, automatically just boots to windows 10 of the previous BIOs, I'm not trying to beat around the bush, nor am I planning to work on this all day, so if anyone knows what I can check in its BIOs to fix this, feel free to comment here.

I have disabled secure boot, and set the priority to USB, the two ports on this notebook works fine as the little LED on the USB stick is flashing just fine.

:)

SotoPrior, Aug 30, 2017

2. TOSHIBA SATILLITE LAPTOP UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 NO TOUCH PAD COMPUTER VERY SLOW

TRIED EVERYTHING SUGGESTED STILL NOTHING. APPEARS LATEST DRIVER FROM TOSHIBA ON THEIR SITE IS OLD BUT I UPDATED ANYWAY.. THIS UPDATE HAD RENDERED MY COMPUTER BASICALLY USELESS VERY SLOW ON INTERNET AND NO TOUCH PAD....... I HAVE INSTALLED ON ANOTHER
    LAP TOP FOR MY BUSINESS WORKS PERFECT NOTHING LIKE THIS ONE. THIS IS OUR HOME LAPTOP AND WE USE IT QUITE A BIT (AT LEAST WE DID) HELPPPPP

brianbisbee, Aug 30, 2017
  3. TOSHIBA SATILLITE LAPTOP UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 NO TOUCH PAD COMPUTER VERY SLOW

UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 LAPTOP LOST TOUCH PAD .I UPDATED ALL DRIVERS ENABLED DEVICE ECT STILL NOTHING. WORKS FINE WITH REGULAR MOUSE. ALSO COMPUTER VERRRRY SLOW GOING ON LINE 1/4 SPEED IT WAS

brianbisbee, Aug 30, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

My (older) Toshiba will skip past the screen offering the 'F12 to select boot device' if fast startup is enabled. Try selecting Restart from The Start menu's Power button. This will do a full cold start and the option to choose a boot device should be available.

5. dencal Win User
    Was the USB formatted to FAT 32?..... prior to installing the software required on it....if not it will not work.

dencal, Aug 30, 2017
  6. SotoPrior Win User
    Update: The Windows 10 Boot up USB is a 64-bit trying to boot up to a 32 bit Notebook device supposedly. Alternative Means via the Windows 10 recovery Blue screen appear to also be Locked with administrative password, I will attempt to try to get it to boot to the classic "windows Boot Manager." Or really any Recovery System Boot regarding to the Classic Recovery modes. Unfortunately the Newer version of the Advanced recovery options is also locked behind an Administrative password. As much as I appreciate the security done by the newer OS, this makes recovering this password a bit more tedious.

SotoPrior, Aug 30, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Aug 30, 2017
  8. SotoPrior Win User

Well So far I've managed to Delete everything by accident, and now there is nothing on there, Unfortunately. Now I'm just trying to get the stupid thing to boot from USB just so that there is SOMETHING on there for my client to use. So far searches have found ways of getting the USB, "Detected" but the bios version here, (Toshiba Setup Utility 5.00), does not seem to even include a CSM option, just UEFI, and even when I setup my USB for that it still didn't detect the drive.

Is there perhaps a preferred setup for Rufus? Or some hidden setting I'm not seeing? I am hopping the problem is just the specific format for the bootable USB, otherwise, I'm completely out of options, bar removing the harddrive manually to reinsert it into another laptop, (assuming it is using an HDD.)

SotoPrior, Aug 30, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    The preferred setup is to not use Rufus. In a Windows computer, insert the flash drive and open a Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin) and run:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk # <-replace # with the actual number for the USB flash drive
    clean <- this will erase the disk selected above - make sure you selected the flash drive!
    create part pri
    format fs=fat32 quick
    active
    assign
    exit
    exit

Then mount the ISO file for either Kyhi's Recovery Tools or Windows 10 installation. Copy all the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive.

If you first create a flash drive for plain Windows 10 setup, then you can mount Kyhi's Recovery Tools ISO files and copy only the \Sources\boot.wim file to the usb flash drive, replacing the Windows 10 \Sources\boot.wim file there, and you will have a USB flash drive that will boot into Kyhi's Recovery tools and also can be used to install Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Aug 31, 2017
  10. SotoPrior Win User
    Well So far, as of Yesterday I've Discovered 3 things in regards to Toshiba Technology;

• The Bios Of these Are extremely simple, with mine missing the CSM option entirely.
    • In the same regards as an iPhone, the Literal Firmware Only Accepts and Reads "Toshiba" formatted devices. (I know this as I've tested both the Internal HDD on a different computer, and the ISO bootable disk I made, and also happen to have another of, both failed to boot on the Toshiba laptop, but booted up completely fine on literally, 3 other Dell and Lenovo Laptops.)
    • I received verbal confirmation of this notion directly from a customer Support employee, who (although mistakenly took me as the owner,) directly told me that the "Recovery Backup Disk Installation for Disc for your product of windows 10 that you were trying to use must have been received from a third party sir, as I do not see your order from our Toshiba Website linked closely to the Serial on your Product sir-." (and pretty much the usual Tech support, "Give us more money to fix your problems" schpeal.) Basically it appears that they've built the firmware to disregard both Flash Drives and even Internal ones if they do not match up with this "Toshiba Format." It's not even a security measure, they literally have it just so they can assure themselves of Being paid, and the money only goes to them.

So NOW I need go and find a "third Party" reforming tool to make a thumb drive compatible for being read for Toshiba. I did some research into this too, a lot of other users are also receiving this issue unfortunately. Reason why I'm putting so much emphasis into all this anyway and not just slapping down the client down with the Toshiba Phone number and collecting my pay is because we've currently ordered some Used Toshiba Satellites not knowing about this issue from EBay, and considering what we plan to do with them, will no doubt fall literally into the same conundrum.

SotoPrior, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Toshiba Satillite Refuses to Boot to Windows 10 Usb, (No CD Drive) - Similar Threads - Toshiba Satillite Refuses

2. Boot to USB not working - Toshiba Windows XP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot to USB not working - Toshiba Windows XP: I have a Toshiba satellite that originally came with XP. I updated it to windows 10 using usb, however it wasn’t functioning correctly so I found a XP iso online and started to install that back onto the laptop using USB. It is halfway through an install and it tells me there...
  3. Boot to USB not working - Toshiba Windows XP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot to USB not working - Toshiba Windows XP: I have a Toshiba satellite that originally came with XP. I updated it to windows 10 using usb, however it wasn’t functioning correctly so I found a XP iso online and started to install that back onto the laptop using USB. It is halfway through an install and it tells me there...
  4. HP Laptop Refuses to Boot to USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop Refuses to Boot to USB: I have wasted the best part of a day searching for a solution. My ancient mother has a new HP laptop, thin as a rail and with no DVD drive; Windows 10. If it has a model name, I cannot find it. She has set it up herself and now has no idea what her password is; neither she...
  5. Windows 10 refuses to boot from USB...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 refuses to boot from USB...: Good day guys, I tried creating a portable Windows 10 USB on my external SSD as well as a 16 GB USB, and although the creation process using WinToUSB & Rufus succeeded, my laptop refuses to boot from the USB. I get the "The selected boot device failed. Press <Enter> to...
  6. Windows 10 and USB CD/DVD drive

Windows 10 and USB CD/DVD drive: I have a new-to-me HP Elitebook with Windows 10 installed. I have an external Rioddas cd/dvd drive that almost works. I connected the drive, loaded a blank disk and started to copy a substantial PDF file to it to be its sole contents. All apeared to work untill it got to...
  7. how to boot toshiba techra R940 from CD?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to boot toshiba techra R940 from CD?: google says press f8 on power up but that is not working. any ideas? thanks. 137388
  8. Toshiba Laptop (Windows 10) will not recognize the CD.

Toshiba Laptop (Windows 10) will not recognize the CD.: My DVR/CD Player will not recognize the discs. The drive shows up in devices and drives. When I click on it to start a CD, the computer just ejects it. What, if anything, can I do to fix this?...
  9. creating a cd or usb windows 10 boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    creating a cd or usb windows 10 boot: after having serveral problems, i went from win 7 to the free win10 upgrade when offered. i woud like to create a restore disk/flash/usb drive, but not sure how to do it. also, you SHOUD NOT let companies sell m.1 or 2 drive with less than 64gb. i had to go online to...
  10. Boot to CD Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot to CD Drive: Since I did clean install of Win 10 I find it will not allow me to boot to internal cd drive or USB drive. I know this is an attempt to secure the OS or lock you out of competing OS like linux or both but I can find no way around this. My bios has not been updated to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. einstall windows on toshiba with no cd drive