Windows 10: Toshiba SD Card Write protection *HELP*

Discus and support Toshiba SD Card Write protection *HELP* in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba Sd Card that is write protected and i dont know how to fix it. My SD Card is unlocked and i did the storage device policies thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by XMEzy, Feb 20, 2016.

1. XMEzy Win User

Toshiba SD Card Write protection *HELP*

I have a Toshiba Sd Card that is write protected and i dont know how to fix it.

My SD Card is unlocked and i did the storage device policies thing + Attributes disk clear readonly

but here > https://gyazo.com/1e3d01e4b19d6abe40bade49ce827c39.png It says its not read only

Im usign windows 10 home

:)

XMEzy, Feb 20, 2016

2. Write Protected SD

Hi Fred,

Write-protected SD card disables some functions in the SD card like installing new data, delete data or move data. We suggest checking if there is a small physical switch located on your SD to disable the write-protect. Also, you may try removing the write
    protection thru the Properties of the drive. Open File Explorer > Right-click the SD card > Properties > Remove write-protection.

If the if two suggestion we provided didn't resolve the issue, we recommend contacting the manufacturer of the SD card for additional assistance on formatting your SD card.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Feb 20, 2016
  3. garym123 Win User
    garym123, Feb 20, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Toshiba SD Card Write protection *HELP* - Similar Threads - Toshiba Card Write

2. SD Card complaining write protected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card complaining write protected: so when I plug in my sd card to my card reader, I can see it in file explorer, but I cannot write to it. the card is not write-protected and I tried reinstalling the sd card driver. this is an issue for multiple cards. Please help...
  3. SD Card complaining write protected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD Card complaining write protected: so when I plug in my sd card to my card reader, I can see it in file explorer, but I cannot write to it. the card is not write-protected and I tried reinstalling the sd card driver. this is an issue for multiple cards. Please help...
  4. Write-protected SD card? Tried everything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Write-protected SD card? Tried everything...: ====== What Happened ==========One day when I loaded my 16 Gigabyte microSDHC card, I attempted to format it. There are 5 gigabytes left.It returned a "Disk is write-protected" error:====== What I have Tried =========I have tried Disk Partitioning failed, even though it says...
  5. HELP! SD Card Write Protection Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! SD Card Write Protection Problems: So i have been trying to copy some camera settings onto an SD card. But i keep getting the error: "The disk is write-protected. Remove the write-protection or use another disk" I have tried basically every single thing i can find online. With the exception being formatting....
  6. SD card write-protection unwanted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card write-protection unwanted: I have a micro SD card which suddenly says it is write-protected. I made sure the small tab on the side was in the proper position. I also tried the disk part method but it had no effect on the read only status. I see there's another possible solution by editing the registry,...
  7. SD Card Write Protection

SD Card Write Protection: I've been using my chromebook for modding my Wii u, and now that it's charger broke, I can't do that until I get a new one. The SD card works fine on that, but on my computer, the SD card is locked, no matter what. I've tried the Diskpart method, the RegEdit method, yet...
  8. Write Protected SD card

Write Protected SD card: Hi, I want to format my SD card on my windows but I get the 'disk is write protected' notification. I tried removing the write protection through the command prompt but when I tried formatting afterwards it still gives the same notification. The SD card is not visible on my...
  9. How to disable write-protection for SD-Card ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable write-protection for SD-Card ?: Hello. I am trying to perform a firmware update for my DSLR camera, and so have to copy some files in the root directory of my SD Card. I usually transfer the files from my camera to my PC by plugging the usb cable and using the camera brand's software utility so thisis the...
  10. SD Card write protection issues

SD Card write protection issues: I recently received a write protected message from multiple micro SD cards/SD card adapters. [ATTACH] I have edited my registry to remove write protection. [ATTACH] I have gone through command prompt and diskpart to attempt to format them. [ATTACH] And yes, I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toshiba sd card write protected