Windows 10: Total Computer Freeze

Discus and support Total Computer Freeze in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my computer started running a bit slower then it should be, at the point where my computer to open would take half a min, so i did fresh install. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by newin10, Sep 12, 2015.

1. newin10 Win User

Total Computer Freeze

So my computer started running a bit slower then it should be, at the point where my computer to open would take half a min, so i did fresh install. So i left installation overnight, i wake up in the morning and it say "Hi there" installation menu where you choose Country, language, keyboard layout and timezone, but it's totally froze, i can not see mouse cursor or use my keyboard, if my monitor goes to sleep i can't turn it on back. I did read that it's problem with drivers not installed. I've tried restarting pc few times. Is it true that problem is with drivers not installed correctly or at all?

:)

newin10, Sep 12, 2015
  2. KimDobson Win User

UAC totally freezes computer

I'm running Windows 10. When I turn on my computer I get a prompt asking if to allow the UAC to make changes. If I click yes, my computer freezes up, nothing works & I have to do a hard boot to close down & restart the computer. I've learned to respond
    no to the prompt. I've read what the UAC does & think it would be nice to use. Is there any way to fix it? If not, I'll just try to shut it down so the prompt goes away.

KimDobson, Sep 12, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    UAC totally freezes computer

What program is starting with Windows that requires a UAC prompt?

BulldogXX, Sep 12, 2015
Thema:

Total Computer Freeze

1. Total Computer Freeze - Similar Threads - Total Computer Freeze

2. Total laptop freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Total laptop freeze: While working in Autocad, the laptop freezes. The only thing that helps is a hard reset.These are the errors:First error [ Name] IPF [ Guid] {d3cb85d1-d61c-4bcf-9674-7910ee54d6af} EventID 17 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000000000000000 - TimeCreated [...
  3. Total laptop freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Total laptop freeze: While working in Autocad, the laptop freezes. The only thing that helps is a hard reset.These are the errors:First error [ Name] IPF [ Guid] {d3cb85d1-d61c-4bcf-9674-7910ee54d6af} EventID 17 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000000000000000 - TimeCreated [...
  4. Total laptop freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer gone totally nuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer gone totally nuts: Hello,I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 8.1. A while ago it started acting strangely. It is impossible to type because everything deletes automatically after a few seconds. If I right click the box closes by itself after a couple of seconds. I can use the mouse with left...
  6. Computer gone totally nuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer gone totally nuts: Hello,I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 8.1. A while ago it started acting strangely. It is impossible to type because everything deletes automatically after a few seconds. If I right click the box closes by itself after a couple of seconds. I can use the mouse with left...
  7. Computer totally dead

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer totally dead: I have a Dell XPS 15 (L521X) running Windows 10. Yesterday I ran a windows update with the pc plugged in. When I came back to the computer, the screen was black and would not respond to me turning it on via the power button. Even the battery indicator light doesn’t work. How...
  8. Windows 10 Total System Freeze

Windows 10 Total System Freeze: Hi folks, Having issues recently on Windows 10 where my entire system will freeze up, but ONLY Microsoft stuff. This means my desktop, task manager, the task bar, Visual Studio, etc. Google Chrome remains totally fine and usable, as does Discord and others. The only solution...
  9. Windows 10 total random freeze

Windows 10 total random freeze: My Window 10 laptop is frequently (every day or two) completely freezing. The screen is simply frozen, and the mouse and keyboard are not responsive at all (e.g. NumLock light does not change when the key is pressed). The normal power off button does nothing until held down...
  10. BSOD or Total freeze, UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

BSOD or Total freeze, UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: Hi, recently I've been having system crashes where the mouse just freezes and I have to hard restart / shutdown my pc. Otherwise the computer bluescreens and dumps a log. I have two copies of the last two cases of this BSOD pasted below. I have ran memtest64+ overnight with...