Windows 10: Total Defense

Discus and support Total Defense in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I thought I'd be brave and try to install Total Defense's (paid) anti-virus program that works under Windows 8.1 It installed okay although did give... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RTWFF, Mar 3, 2015.

1. RTWFF Win User

Total Defense

I thought I'd be brave and try to install Total Defense's (paid) anti-virus program that works under Windows 8.1

It installed okay although did give me a warning about "some incompatability issues". On re-boot however the PC just "hung", my guess is trying to boot the anti-virus software. I had to use the "rebuild/repair Windows" option - which worked the same as an upgrade and left me with a windows.old folder and no installed applications

:)

RTWFF, Mar 3, 2015

2. I have a windows 8 total defenfe how can I install it on windows10.

Hi Rafar,

Thank you for sharing your query in Microsoft Community.

Please provide us the below information to assist you better:

- Are you referring to Total Defense ?

- Are you facing any issue installing windows 8 total defense?

-Are you able to install other programs?

I would like to inform you that on Windows 10 Windows defender comes pre-installed.

If you want to install Total Defense, you will have to disable Windows Defender and then try to install Total Defense..

For further assistance on Total defense refer the below link :

Contact Us | Total Defense

Refer the below article for further assistance on Windows 10 Defender :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/using-defender#1TC=windows-10

Let us know if this helps.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue, we are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 3, 2015
  3. fpjf Win User
    Windows defender and Total Defense software.

windows defender and total defense the same software?

Modified title from: Windows defender

Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

fpjf, Mar 3, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Total Defense

And this is why"we" all should make a system image before major changes, be it software, drivers and AVs, specially when using Windows 10, Some programs look for the 6.xxxx in the version number but 10TP has 10.xxxx, and that causes incompatibility problems.

Cliff S, Mar 3, 2015
  5. badrobot Win User
    A more popular Avast is not even compatible with Win 10, so I am not surprised. It will also break Windows Defender and leave you unprotected. You need to clean install again.

badrobot, Mar 3, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I don't think any of the major AV products have been officially approved for use in Win10 yet, while some work the full testing has not been finished yet.

BunnyJ, Mar 3, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
    *Ditto Time to clean install again.

Dude, Mar 3, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Total Defense

This, when all else fails that's the best thing to do, IMO.

BunnyJ, Mar 3, 2015
  9. mr nDEPth Win User
    I had Total Defense for 8.1. I was able to get an updated copy that will install on 10 with no problem. But now it claim that my activation code has expired. TD is not giving me any info on how to solve this. I don't want to buy another one. This should be good until January, and then auto renew.

mr nDEPth, Aug 4, 2015
  10. YOU
    You Win User
    Bitdefender has been approved for Windows 10.

11. YOU
    You Win User
    Was the PC not booting at all? Did try booting into Safe Mode then removing it? I know that 've already reset r computer, but that would've been the first thing I tried if I was in r shoes.

12. YOU
    You Win User
    Total Defense looks like a horrible antivirus. How did find out about it?

13. Total Defense

360 officially supports 10 for quite some time, not to mention a free upgrade from XP to 10 (China only). *Cool

By the way, I always wonder why people insist on buying AV? Free AV provides mostly better detection and even performance (less bloatware), then their paid counterparts. I guess, people do not trust free. *Rolleyes

TairikuOkami, Aug 4, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    The date on the post I made was from March of this year.. and yes. Things have changed since then

BunnyJ, Aug 4, 2015
  15. Sorry, I did not check, since the topic just bumped out. *Wink

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Total Defense

1. Total Defense - Similar Threads - Total Defense

2. How can i Fix my dedicated Video Memory 0mb but my Total Available Graphics memory is 4027mb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i Fix my dedicated Video Memory 0mb but my Total Available Graphics memory is 4027mb: Can u help me Fix my dedicated Video Memory 0mb but my Total Available Graphics memory is 4027mb. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-my-dedicated-video-memory-0mb-but-my/87ed7714-3381-4c79-af72-f654ad50718e
  3. How can i Fix my dedicated Video Memory 0mb but my Total Available Graphics memory is 4027mb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i Fix my dedicated Video Memory 0mb but my Total Available Graphics memory is 4027mb: Can u help me Fix my dedicated Video Memory 0mb but my Total Available Graphics memory is 4027mb. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-my-dedicated-video-memory-0mb-but-my/87ed7714-3381-4c79-af72-f654ad50718e
  4. why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything: i just downgraded from 11 to 10 version 2303 because window 11 is too much on a 2015ish laptop, heres the model edge e531 thinkpad - type 6885, i tried resetting bios, re arranging ram, using dual slot and single slot nothing works the system reserved was always above 90% of...
  5. why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything

why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything: i just downgraded from 11 to 10 version 2303 because window 11 is too much on a 2015ish laptop, heres the model edge e531 thinkpad - type 6885, i tried resetting bios, re arranging ram, using dual slot and single slot nothing works the system reserved was always above 90% of...
  6. why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Fixing E: Stage 1: 0% 178 of 783872; Total: 0%; ETA: 999:00:00

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing E: Stage 1: 0% 178 of 783872; Total: 0%; ETA: 999:00:00: What do I do? I want to cancel or stop it. Is it safe to spot it on the first Stage? This is the first launch if this os. Before launching it asked me to press a key if I wanted to cancel the disc checkup. I pressed the space bar. The timer stopped but the text was still on...
  8. Fixing E: Stage 1: 0% 178 of 783872; Total: 0%; ETA: 999:00:00

Fixing E: Stage 1: 0% 178 of 783872; Total: 0%; ETA: 999:00:00: What do I do? I want to cancel or stop it. Is it safe to spot it on the first Stage? This is the first launch if this os. Before launching it asked me to press a key if I wanted to cancel the disc checkup. I pressed the space bar. The timer stopped but the text was still on...
  9. Fixing E: Stage 1: 0% 178 of 783872; Total: 0%; ETA: 999:00:00

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Ive done everything but total identified windows installations identified is still 0. Is...

Ive done everything but total identified windows installations identified is still 0. Is...: Running Windows 11 Home Version 23H2 on Dell Inspiron AIO 5490 AIO. BIOS Mode UEFI and up to date.Total identified windows installations: 0 after using bootrec /rebuildbcd or bootrec /scanos command in Windows Recovery Environment. Ive done everything recommended online to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidently blocked chrome total defense