Windows 10: Touch Devices

Discus and support Touch Devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I think the current release of 10 is geared more toward desktop user with mouse/keyboard support, but this has me interested in whether to install 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paulsalter, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Touch Devices

I think the current release of 10 is geared more toward desktop user with mouse/keyboard support, but this has me interested in whether to install 10 on my main drive sometime soon (after trying in VM)

Has anyone with a Touch device installed it yet, mainly thinking Desktops with touch screen or Laptops with touch screen

What's the experience like if you had?

:)

paulsalter, Oct 1, 2014

2. Windows Ink for non-touch devices

Thank you. And sorry i did'nt notice there is such option like that on the taskbar menu. thank you, that is very helpful.

SudheerBhimala, Oct 1, 2014
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Windows Ink for non-touch devices

Right click the taskbar select "Show Windows Ink Workspace button"

This puts an icon on the taskbar.

Click on it and use you mouse.

lacrumb, Oct 1, 2014
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Touch Devices

Hi there

once I've got the correct versions sorted out - I'll try it later on a Surface Pro 3 and let you know how it works. If the W8 drivers all work then an "Upgrade" should in theory work -- this is one case where it *might* be better to go for an upgrade rather than a clean install - especially if the clean install wipes out all the drivers.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 1, 2014
  5. Cheers, be interested in seeing how that goes

Installing on VM first to get the hang of it, then will work out how to get on my touch laptop without messing it up

paulsalter, Oct 1, 2014
  6. Tepid Win User
    Running in a Boot to VHDX on Surface Pro. And I love it. I still changed to the full desktop experience, (not Metro), I didn't hate metro, but I like the new start menu better. And touch is a lot better overall. Love Win10.

Tepid, Oct 1, 2014
  7. Edwin New Member
    With a touch screen for desktop PC, touch keyboard does not open automatically when invoking a search or character dialog anywhere in W10TP.
    Feedback sent.
    Some research suggested the only alternative is a third party program? Naw!

I'm not running W8.1 right now. Does anyone know if it works in W8.1?

Edwin, Feb 15, 2015
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Touch Devices

Hi Edwin....

Yes, it works on 8.1, at least on my surface pro 3.

Couldn't do a screenshot cause can't get to Snipping tool while keyboard is up, so I did a "step recording". See attached. Pardon the background, it's my Granddaughter! Cheers! *Cool

f14tomcat, Feb 15, 2015
  9. Edwin New Member
    Hi ....

Yes, it works on 8.1, at least on my surface pro 3.

Couldn't do a screenshot cause can't get to Snipping tool while keyboard is up, so I did a "step recording". See attached. Pardon the background, it's my Granddaughter! Cheers! *Cool Awesome! Thanks for that! *Smile
    I'm gonna have to put 8.1 back on my machine somewhere!
    Course, your Surface is built for that, this HP monitor is labeled 'Limited Touch Support' so, I'm hoping...
    Thanks again.

Edwin, Feb 15, 2015
  10. In 8.1 on the surface does the touch keyboard automatically appear for desktop and the metro side

On my touch Laptop and my tablet the touch keyboard comes up automatically when I am on an input field in metro apps, but if I am on the desktop I have to manually bring up the keyboard

paulsalter, Feb 15, 2015
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    I just tried a few in Metro and desktop, with the keyboard detached. It appears that the on-screen keyboard will activate IF the app has "touch-enabled" input fields. Chrome will work, but Notepad will not. Keyboard notification area icon does appear if the keyboard (type cover) is removed.

It appears to be app dependent. That's about all I could determine. Maybe someone on eightforums knows more. *Smile

f14tomcat, Feb 15, 2015
  12. Edwin New Member
    I just tried a few in Metro and desktop, with the keyboard detached. It appears that the on-screen keyboard will activate IF the app has "touch-enabled" input fields. Chrome will work, but Notepad will not. Keyboard notification area icon does appear if the keyboard (type cover) is removed.

It appears to be app dependent. That's about all I could determine. Maybe someone on eightforums knows more. *Smile Seems the way of it.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Touch Devices

1. Touch Devices - Similar Threads - Touch Devices

2. Windows 11 Update causes Touch Screen Precise Touch Device data error cannot start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update causes Touch Screen Precise Touch Device data error cannot start.: hi, I recently updated my Windows on my Surface Pro 7 to Windows 11. Ever since the upgrade I get a message saying HID Precise touch device touch screen cannot start Code 10. STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR.. is there any way to revert to Windows 10 again or get it to work...
  3. Windows 11 Update causes Touch Screen Precise Touch Device data error cannot start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update causes Touch Screen Precise Touch Device data error cannot start.: hi, I recently updated my Windows on my Surface Pro 7 to Windows 11. Ever since the upgrade I get a message saying HID Precise touch device touch screen cannot start Code 10. STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR.. is there any way to revert to Windows 10 again or get it to work...
  4. Taskbar is always on top on touch devices

Taskbar is always on top on touch devices: Dear community,I've got a Windows 11 Pro installed on my Dell 5285, my Lenovo Yoga 7i and Asus Predator Helios 300 devices. On the touchscreen devices Dell 5285, Lenovo Yoga 7i, the taskbar is always on top and overlaps my fullscreen Citrix Workspace session. On the...
  5. Taskbar is always on top on touch devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is always on top on touch devices: Dear community,I've got a Windows 11 Pro installed on my Dell 5285, my Lenovo Yoga 7i and Asus Predator Helios 300 devices. On the touchscreen devices Dell 5285, Lenovo Yoga 7i, the taskbar is always on top and overlaps my fullscreen Citrix Workspace session. On the...
  6. Why the auto optimize taskbar for touch interactions when this device is used as a tablet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the auto optimize taskbar for touch interactions when this device is used as a tablet...: Hi MS experts,Since a week after the recent update I noticed that the auto switch to tablet and PC mode is not happening in tent mode. By default, it is in tablet mode. The icons are bit large and increase the spacing of the icons.I tried rolling back the updates, even...
  7. Why the auto optimize taskbar for touch interactions when this device is used as a tablet...

Why the auto optimize taskbar for touch interactions when this device is used as a tablet...: Hi MS experts,Since a week after the recent update I noticed that the auto switch to tablet and PC mode is not happening in tent mode. By default, it is in tablet mode. The icons are bit large and increase the spacing of the icons.I tried rolling back the updates, even...
  8. The recent update cause my Ideapad flex5 not working touch screen. I tried to reset device,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The recent update cause my Ideapad flex5 not working touch screen. I tried to reset device,...: The recent update cause my Ideapad flex5 not working touch screen. I tried to reset device, but still not working. What is the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-recent-update-cause-my-ideapad-flex5-not/e2ba3d40-b776-4d90-ab61-8ed6f25114a0
  9. The recent update cause my Ideapad flex5 not working touch screen. I tried to reset device,...

The recent update cause my Ideapad flex5 not working touch screen. I tried to reset device,...: The recent update cause my Ideapad flex5 not working touch screen. I tried to reset device, but still not working. What is the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-recent-update-cause-my-ideapad-flex5-not/e2ba3d40-b776-4d90-ab61-8ed6f25114a0
  10. The touch screen, Sound driver and brightness control are not working on my device Acer One...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The touch screen, Sound driver and brightness control are not working on my device Acer One...: Processor : IntelR AtomTM CPU Z3735F @ 1.33GHz 1.83 GHzRam: 2 GBSystem Type: 32-bit operating system, x64-based processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-touch-screen-sound-driver-and-brightness/790b72bf-f5d1-4cc2-88de-d66b2c19b8db