Windows 10: Touch keybard lang switch OK physical keyboard NOK

Discus and support Touch keybard lang switch OK physical keyboard NOK in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there Adding non UK keyboard and input method works for Touch keyboard but seems to get ignored on physical USB keyboard (wireless). (Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Jan 23, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Touch keybard lang switch OK physical keyboard NOK

Hi there

Adding non UK keyboard and input method works for Touch keyboard but seems to get ignored on physical USB keyboard (wireless).
    (Build 9926). Worked fine in previous build.

Typing or mouse clicking on the ISL on screen keyboard types letters etc in ISL. Using an ISL USB keyboard text remains in GB English (default) .

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 23, 2015

2. Searh option in music player - E6 Belle

It could search for song/artist when user starts typing with physical keybard, same like searching for a contact.

Vitoro---01, Jan 23, 2015
  3. MarkW_01 Win User
    Windows 10 Disable Onscreen Keyboard

I'm seriously struggling with this. My use case is simple, but the suggestions here don't help me.

I have a Surface Pro 4 - sometimes I use a bluetooth keyboard with it, sometimes I use it as a touchscreen tablet. I prefer not to use tablet mode. Pretty simple use-case, this is what the Surface is for right?

When I plug in my bluetooth keyboard and select a field to enter text, the touch keyboard pops up, obscuring a big portion of the screen. This is fine when I'm using as touch tablet without physical keyboard, but I don't need it when I'm using a bluetooth
    keyboard. It seems like Windows 10 was designed to accommodate this pretty simple use-case. But there is simply no way that a user can intentionally suppress the touch keyboard if they're using a physical keyboard.

Ideally Windows would detect the presence of a physical keyboard and suppress the touch keyboard (supposedly "Continuum" does this, but apparently only for switching in Tablet mode? I don't know). That's OK, I think to myself, Windows doesn't detect it
    so I will just disable it manually. But HOW? Only through doing backflips through all the menus to stop the service as shown by another user here. This is really hacky, very far from convenient.

So my choice is

(1) I can stop touch keyboard for my current session (and not be allowed to switch to using as touch tablet), so every time I want to use my keyboard I will have to go through all the settings and stop the service. Then if I want to get the touch keyboard
    pop-up back to use as touch tablet I reboot my machine. Or,

(2) I can permanently disable the service and be forced to always use a physical keyboard.

MarkW_01, Jan 23, 2015
Thema:

Touch keybard lang switch OK physical keyboard NOK

1. Touch keybard lang switch OK physical keyboard NOK - Similar Threads - Touch keybard lang

2. How to switch from touch screen to attached keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch from touch screen to attached keyboard: how to switch from touch screen keyboard to external attached keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-from-touch-screen-to-attached/16dd0288-d9d5-4e6d-af2d-4c1dac47733f
  3. How to switch from touch screen to attached keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch from touch screen to attached keyboard: how to switch from touch screen keyboard to external attached keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-from-touch-screen-to-attached/16dd0288-d9d5-4e6d-af2d-4c1dac47733f
  4. How to switch from touch screen to attached keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...: My laptop name is iball compbook i360 Serial no. 1700223002279 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-physical-keyboard-is-not-workingonly-touch/f0588b4d-a932-4d9e-93a6-6eb9d797cb73
  6. My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...: My laptop name is iball compbook i360 Serial no. 1700223002279 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-physical-keyboard-is-not-workingonly-touch/f0588b4d-a932-4d9e-93a6-6eb9d797cb73
  7. My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Physical AZERTY Keyboard

Physical AZERTY Keyboard: Hello, I want to buy the new unreleased Microsoft Surface Laptop Go but I want it in AZERTY Keyboard. Please reply if the Microsoft Surface Laptop Go i5, 8Gb RAM, 128Gb SSID is available in AZERTY Keyboard in the US. Thank You...
  9. How to prevent Windows switching keyboards when there is a physical keyboard attached

How to prevent Windows switching keyboards when there is a physical keyboard attached: I have a desktop computer that has a English UK keyboard and I want to carry on using it. I also have a new laptop/tablet that has a English US keyboard as I live in NZ and can only get US keyboards, and a Win 10 phone set to English UK. The problem is that on both the PCs...
  10. Windows 10 touch keyboard does not switch keyboard layouts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 touch keyboard does not switch keyboard layouts.: When I am in tablet mode, the touch keyboard on screen will not switch keyboard layouts. I have the option in the corner to change layouts, and I can tap the option and change the letters displaying on the on-screen keyboard, but when I type, the letters showing up are based...