Windows 10: Touch Keyboard icon (in taskbar) when clicked on does nothing

Discus and support Touch Keyboard icon (in taskbar) when clicked on does nothing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am able to display the Touch Keyboard icon in the taskbar but when I click on the Touch Keyboard icon nothing happens (the Touch Keyboard does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by John 70834, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Touch Keyboard icon (in taskbar) when clicked on does nothing

I am able to display the Touch Keyboard icon in the taskbar but when I click on the Touch Keyboard icon nothing happens (the Touch Keyboard does not pop up). It used to work in Windows 8.1 but when I upgraded to Win 10 it no longer displays. I'm not talking about the "On-Screen Keyboard," that works fine but I like the Touch Keyboard better, even though I don't have a touch screen (I used the mouse to click the keys). Even if I switch to Tablet Mode, the Touch Keyboard icon still does nothing when I click on it (mouse).

Does it work for anyone else? What's the trick to fix if at all possible?

Touch Keyboard icon (in taskbar) when clicked on does nothing [​IMG]

I'm using a Lenovo Laptop Y510p (no touch screen) with an external Dell monitor (also no touch). I believe there's something wrong since it did work in Win 8.1 on this same system/setup.

Here is what is displayed in Settings->Devices->Typing:
    (notice there are no Touch Keyboard options, as I've seen poking around the internet)

Touch Keyboard icon (in taskbar) when clicked on does nothing [​IMG]

Thank you!
    John

:)

John 70834, Apr 8, 2016
  2. Shanan B Win User

Touch screen keyboard not working in windows 10

I tried this fix, but my registry does not contain an entry for scaling under
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\.

I see the touch keyboard icon on my Surface Pro taskbar, but nothing happens when I click it.

Shanan B, Apr 8, 2016
  3. On screen keyboard has disappeared after Windows 10 Update 19 Nov 17

Right click the Taskbar, click 'Show touch keyboard button'

Also, right click the Taskbar, click Taskbar settings

Under Notification area

Click Turn system icons on or off

Toggle on Touch keyboard

Andre Da Costa, Apr 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Touch Keyboard icon (in taskbar) when clicked on does nothing

Hi, it appears on my non-touch PC. My Settings is as yours.

Perhaps it is disabled? (In which case you need to do the reverse of the following!)
    See

Method 1: Disable On-screen keyboard from Ease of Access Center.

Please try disabling the On-screen keyboard by following these steps to see if the
    Touch keyboard gets disabled permanently.

a) Press "Windows key + R" and type "control" in the open field.

b) In the search field on the top right type "ease of access" and open the "Ease of Access Center"

c) Click "Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard" and uncheck the "Use On-Screen keyboard" if it is checked.

and also see

Windows 10: Enable/Disable On-Screen Keyboard

dalchina, Apr 9, 2016
  5. I did this and it has no affect on the Touch Keyboard. I believe this option pertains only to the On-Screen Keyboard.
    So if you are able to see the Touch Keyboard on you non-touch system, there must be a setting somewhere I'm not seeing...perhaps a value in the Registry needs to be changed.
    Thanks for the reply.

John 70834, Apr 11, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    What happens if you create a new user and try it? (Just for test purposes.. you can easily delete the new user).

You can also try a clean boot.. to see if there are any conflicts with installed s/w - and also use Shellexview to check for shell extensions.. hide all MS extensions, disable the rest.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Touch Keyboard icon (in taskbar) when clicked on does nothing

1. Touch Keyboard icon (in taskbar) when clicked on does nothing - Similar Threads - Touch Keyboard icon

2. Touch keyboard does not work when click on the task bar icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard does not work when click on the task bar icon: Hello... I have Windows 10 Home.When I show the keyboard icon in task bar and then click on it, nothing happens. If I go to Ease of Access settings and turn on "Use the On-Screen Keyboard", keyboard pops up.How can I fix the icon keyboard in order to show the keyboard when...
  3. Touch keyboard does not work when click on the task bar icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard does not work when click on the task bar icon: Hello... I have Windows 10 Home.When I show the keyboard icon in task bar and then click on it, nothing happens. If I go to Ease of Access settings and turn on "Use the On-Screen Keyboard", keyboard pops up.How can I fix the icon keyboard in order to show the keyboard when...
  4. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app: When I click on a taskbar icon of a program I'm viewing it doesn't minimize. My old computer did this. Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?...
  5. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app: When I click on a taskbar icon of a program I'm viewing it doesn't minimize. My old computer did this. Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?...
  6. Taskbar does not work when clicked

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar does not work when clicked: I want to ask, why the start menu, cortana, WiFi, and the sound in the Windows 10 taskbar can't be clicked (clicked but nothing happens). And how to solve this problem. Chronology before the problem occurs: before this problem occurred, yesterday night windows did an...
  7. Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing: Hi there, I've installed a few new updates recently and ever since yesterday, when I click on the Network icon, a grey box appears with the loading wheel and then disappears. [ATTACH] However, if I go into the lock screen Win+L I can still access the list from there?...
  8. Touch Keyboard Does Not Display When Clicked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch Keyboard Does Not Display When Clicked: I have recurring issues with the Windows 10 touch keyboard refusing to open. Services.msc reports that the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service" is running fine; the same goes for its dependencies. Screenshot below: [ATTACH] I have also tried the "sfc /scannow"...
  9. Network icon showing but clicking does nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network icon showing but clicking does nothing: Hello. I have recently clean installed Windows 10 CU. I am testing Windows 10 in a dual boot scenario with my Windows 7 installation. I have done about a dozen installs but this is the first time this problem has occurred. The Network Icon shows up in the system tray....
  10. Right-clicking Word shortcut in taskbar does nothing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-clicking Word shortcut in taskbar does nothing.: Windows 10 with Microsoft Word 2013 is not showing any of the recent files when I right click on the Word shortcut in task bar. However it's working OK with other Microsoft Office icons such as Excel or other apps. 61935

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touch keyboard button does nothing

2. when pressing the keyboard icon in the taskbar in tablet mode nothing happens