Windows 10: Touch Screen as Second Monitor - Apps launching on main monitor

Discus and support Touch Screen as Second Monitor - Apps launching on main monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Does anyone have any experience with using a touch screen as a second monitor. I have managed to get it to use the touch functionality, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fraserb82, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Fraserb82 Win User

Touch Screen as Second Monitor - Apps launching on main monitor

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with using a touch screen as a second monitor.

I have managed to get it to use the touch functionality, so I can press on the touch screen and it will launch Edge, for example. However, my next problem is that it is launching the applications on my main monitor.

Is there some setting I need to change so that it launches on the second monitor.

For some more detail, we are trying to set up Promethean V5 smart panels for a classroom setup. There will be the V5 board connected to a PC and the PC will also have a monitor. The PC monitor has to stay as the main monitor and the setup will be extended (this is not an issue when setting up as a duplicate screen, for obvious reasons).

If anyone has any useful tips or suggestions on things to try I would really appreciate them.

Thanks

:)

Fraserb82, Feb 14, 2018
  2. comdude2 Win User

Windows creates another "screen" on fullscreen game launch

When I launch any fullscreen application or game using Dynamic Super Resolution, the game / app launches on my main monitor which is what I want, but all the applications on my second screen (which is to the right of the main screen) "disappears" and it's
    like a new screen is created and the only app there is Skype, not the other 10 or so applications, when I Alt + tab it puts skype back onto my usual second monitor and everything is as it was until I Alt + tab back into the game.

When I had my second monitor to the left of my main display, it would leave everything where it was and I could play a game and have all my apps still on the second screen.

I just need to know how to get it to stop moving it around, any help would be great thanks.

Specs in case they're needed:

Windows 10 Pro

Intel i7 4930k

32GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 Ti

comdude2, Feb 14, 2018
  3. Brt08 Win User
    Games in Fullscreen don't work on main Monitor

Hey, I have this problem where i cant play my favorite games like CS:GO on my main monitor in FULLSCREEN without the game flickering on launch of just having a black screen. However if i make my second monitor the main display the game works perfectly.
    **** is going on

The monitor im having problems with is the BenQ XL2411Z

The second monitor is LG 29UM65

I find this really important because i run CrossFire and i dont get the benefit of extra fps if im not running the game in FULLSCREEN

(ps: the game runs fine in windowed mode but thats not what i want!)

Brt08, Feb 14, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

You'll need to designate the touch display as your main display to get the behavior you're looking for. Check out this TenForums tutorial, which explains how to do that: Change Main Display in Windows 10 Windows 10. If that doesn't do the trick for you, please post again here and we'll help you get it sorted out.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 14, 2018
  5. Fraserb82 Win User
    Hi Ed,

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately it's not suitable to set up the Promethean to be the main screen as everything would open up on it including emails (could have confidential information) and pupil attendance logging systems to name just a few.

In your opinion do you think it would be a waste of time to look into this further?

I'm aware we could remove the taskbar, this would then stop the teachers from trying to launch applications direct from the Promethean board and it would get them used to opening the application on their PC and dragging it across.

Thanks again.

Fraserb82, Feb 14, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    I'm not sure it's a waste of time to keep digging, but it could be time-consuming and difficult. That said, I'd suggest starting out with the items listed in this HelpDeskGeek article "5 Best Software Programs to Manage Dual Monitors" to see if any of them does what you need to have done. I've worked with the first item therein -- namely the free, Open Source (SourceForge) Dual Monitor Tools -- and found it to be quite useful and helpful. I did not, however, have to integrate a (secondary) touch panel into that lineup.
    You'll have to dedicate some time and effort to work through these offerings to see if they can handle your requirements. I wish I could shed more light on that for you, but alas, I just don't know.
    HTH anyway,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Touch Screen as Second Monitor - Apps launching on main monitor - Similar Threads - Touch Screen Second

2. Touch Screen as a Second Monitor Not Working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Screen as a Second Monitor Not Working in Windows 11: I just recently added a touch screen monitor to my desktop in Windows 11 alongside my two other monitors. The touch is not working on this monitor. I have tried everything I could find online, but the touch will not work. Are there any drivers that I can install to get this...
  3. Turning second monitor in to main

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning second monitor in to main: Hi so i got a problem so my monitor from my laptop broke so i want to use a second monitor no problems there but then i factory reseted it for my litle brother and now ma screen is black i can't use the main screen cuz it was broken so now i'm stuk with a black screen what do...
  4. Turning second monitor in to main

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning second monitor in to main: Hi so i got a problem so my monitor from my laptop broke so i want to use a second monitor no problems there but then i factory reseted it for my litle brother and now ma screen is black i can't use the main screen cuz it was broken so now i'm stuk with a black screen what do...
  5. Tabtip on screen keyboard opens on second monitor, and not primary, touch screen monitor,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tabtip on screen keyboard opens on second monitor, and not primary, touch screen monitor,...: Is there any way at all to force TabTip to only open on my touch screen? This is driving me crazy. Not really a point to use an external monitor with the touch screen keyboard of tabtip is going to focus in the wrong monitor.I want to use the second monitor to talk in...
  6. main monitor syncing refresh rate with second monitor

main monitor syncing refresh rate with second monitor: i have one 144hz monitor and one 75hz monitor however my 144hz monitor will not display 144hz but will instead only display whatever my 75hz monitor is displaying which is usually 75hz. i have tried updating windows and my gpu drivers and i have made the monitor 144hz in...
  7. Second monitor not as bright as main screen - totally stumped

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor not as bright as main screen - totally stumped: I have 2 external monitors and they are both significantly less bright than my main laptop screens. Screens plural because I have 2 separate laptops (one HP and one Dell) with 2 different graphics cards but both the same issue connected via VGA to said monitors. The VGA cable...
  8. Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.: I have looked pretty much all Day for an answer to my question, but havent been able to find one. So the thing is, I have two monitors and I have had them for a few years. My Main monitor has always been the second monitor for whatever reason but it have never been a problem...
  9. Second monitor not as bright as main screen - totally stumped

Second monitor not as bright as main screen - totally stumped: I'm having the same problem and I'm nearly certain it's a setting in Windows 10 somewhere that I cannot find or use. I have 2 external monitors and they are both significantly less bright than my main laptop screens. Screens plural because I have 2 separate laptops (one HP...
  10. Windows on second monitor jump to main

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows on second monitor jump to main: I updated my Nvidia driver this morning, now whenever I launch a game in fullscreen on my main monitor, all of the windows or programs i have open on my second monitor jump to my main and my shortcuts move to my second monitor. I tried rolling back the drivers but im still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touch screen as second monitor