Windows 10: touch screen stopped working

Discus and support touch screen stopped working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My touch screen on my Hp notebook stopped working. Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DebNieuwsma, Aug 13, 2018.

1. touch screen stopped working

My touch screen on my Hp notebook stopped working. Help

:)

DebNieuwsma, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Rainhamd Win User

Touch screen stops working, Windows 10

It's gone again!! I was using an app with the touchscreen, when I saw the on screen symbol in the task bar flicker, it then disappeared and the touch screen stopped working.

Step one now tells me that it is applying a fix, then comes up with the message - Unknown usb device (device descriptor failed) is not working properly. Your pc must be restarted. - Restarted and went back and ran troubleshooter again, getting exactly the
    same result and message.

Step 2 - The touch screen driver has now vanished from the list! (last week when the touchscreen wasn't working I tried to find the driver and couldn't - perhaps this is why!)

HELP!

Rainhamd, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Dani Pun Win User
    Touch screen not working

Were you able to see if your driver is up to date?

We suggest to update the touch screen driver and check for resolution.

Follow the steps provided:

• Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate the Touch screen driver.
    • Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touch screen driver.

Dani Pun, Aug 13, 2018
  4. touch screen stopped working

touch screen stopped working

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for responding.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing touch screen feature on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Let us know what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to search for all the latest drivers for your device from the manufacturer's website, download, install them and check if it helps.

Refer: Drivers for Satellite E45W-C4200X Support

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

touch screen stopped working

1. touch screen stopped working - Similar Threads - touch screen stopped

2. Touch Screen Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Screen Stopped Working: I upgraded my notebookHP Spectre x360-13-ae000xx from windows 10 to Windows 11 and after that TOUCH SCREEN stopped working. It even stopped showing from bios.I did check in COMPONENT TEST using HP HARDWARE AND DIAGONSTICS UEFI, but there is no option for touch screen Test.I...
  3. Touch Screen Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Screen Stopped Working: I upgraded my notebookHP Spectre x360-13-ae000xx from windows 10 to Windows 11 and after that TOUCH SCREEN stopped working. It even stopped showing from bios.I did check in COMPONENT TEST using HP HARDWARE AND DIAGONSTICS UEFI, but there is no option for touch screen Test.I...
  4. Touch screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen stopped working: Hello , I am Rajneesh from Gasco IncAfter a Windows update my Lenovo Thinkpad touch screen stopped working. I go to the Tablet settings and it says "*This device does not have touch capabilities"....
  5. Touch screen stopped working

Touch screen stopped working: Hello , I am Rajneesh from Gasco IncAfter a Windows update my Lenovo Thinkpad touch screen stopped working. I go to the Tablet settings and it says "*This device does not have touch capabilities"....
  6. Touch screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Touch screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen stopped working: Hi could someone please help me figure out why all of a sudden my touch screen stopped working? I have a onn 2-in-1 convertible laptop & it's brand new. The touch screen just worked last night but now this morning it's telling me that my device isn't compatible. Well the...
  8. Touch screen stopped working

Touch screen stopped working: Hi could someone please help me figure out why all of a sudden my touch screen stopped working? I have a onn 2-in-1 convertible laptop & it's brand new. The touch screen just worked last night but now this morning it's telling me that my device isn't compatible. Well the...
  9. Touch screen stopped working

10. Touch screen stopped working

Touch screen stopped working: I get the pop-up saying "No pen or touch input is available for this display" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-stopped-working/47461dba-808b-4ab6-9980-d2cb721d7399

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touch screen asus t100han win10 1809 stop working