Windows 10: Touchpad Freezes/Touchpad opens Start Menu when I don't want it to.

Discus and support Touchpad Freezes/Touchpad opens Start Menu when I don't want it to. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, #1 For some reason my touchpad on my HP 15 (2015 model with 8.1, now upgraded to Windows 10 1511) freezes. I hate that when it happens, you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Computer Chicken, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Touchpad Freezes/Touchpad opens Start Menu when I don't want it to.

Hello,

#1 For some reason my touchpad on my HP 15 (2015 model with 8.1, now upgraded to Windows 10 1511) freezes. I hate that when it happens, you cant use it for 20 or 30 seconds or so. I close my lid and open it back up and it works normal, but then after a little bit it starts doing it again. My driver is up to date, I think it maybe Synaptics? If I need to give more info, please say! *Smile

#2: When I scroll on my touchpad up words it opens the start menu every so often when I am scrolling a lot, but when I didn't even open or even get near it or press Windows key. What is causing this? I hate it when it does this and screws up my readings then it stops scrolling and focuses more on the start menu then I have to click out of the menu and go back to what ever I was doing.

Thanks! *Smile

:)

Computer Chicken, Jun 5, 2016
  2. JoBob_867 Win User

Pressing the Touchpad

When I press on the touchpad, it does not act as a click.

If I tap the touchpad it works, but I want it to click when I push on the touchpad.

How do I make it so that pushing on the touchpad represents a click instead of opening up the start menu?

JoBob_867, Jun 5, 2016
  3. Awwww, no more quick desktop resizing?

How very strange...I'm using a Dell Inspiron 5567 laptop that is pretty new, but I don't see and 'Dell Touchpad Settings' despite being on the very menu you are on.

KieranBodnar, Jun 5, 2016
Thema:

Touchpad Freezes/Touchpad opens Start Menu when I don't want it to.

1. Touchpad Freezes/Touchpad opens Start Menu when I don't want it to. - Similar Threads - Touchpad Freezes Touchpad

2. Touchpad Mouse Freezes When Clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Mouse Freezes When Clicking: I recently got a new laptop HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000. The main issue I'm having with this laptop is that it utilizes a new feature called "precision touchpad" that streamlines the touchpad to make it suited for office use / general use. I use the...
  3. Touchpad Mouse Freezes When Clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Mouse Freezes When Clicking: I recently got a new laptop HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000. The main issue I'm having with this laptop is that it utilizes a new feature called "precision touchpad" that streamlines the touchpad to make it suited for office use / general use. I use the...
  4. Touchpad Mouse Freezes When Clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Touchpad Mouse Freezes When Clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Touchpad Mouse Freezes When Clicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Touchpad Mouse Freezes When Clicking

8. TouchPad Freezes when Not In Use

TouchPad Freezes when Not In Use: The touch Pad pointer freezes when I don't use the touch pad for a while , and again continues normally after 2 to 3 rubs on touch pad, Any idea why ? And how could I solve it ? Note:- The PC is in clean install just reset due to some problems. Using Synaptics Touch Pad...
  9. touchpad kicks up menu when I start typing

touchpad kicks up menu when I start typing: WHile typing in a book document in MS word 2016 on my Surface Pro 6, I often find that the touch pad has activated. Is there a way to deactivate the menu key so I don't waste productivity? In some novel writing sessions I waste 25% of my time fighting that menu. It is the...
  10. Windows Start Menu Pops up When Using Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Menu Pops up When Using Touchpad: I'm using a Lenovo Legion y720 with Windows 10 64-bit. Often, when I'm being lazy and using the touchpad with two hands for speed (one finger for moving and one finger for clicking in the bottom left of the touchpad), I find that the cursor hops down to the start menu in...