Touchpad no longer showing in Devices & Printers

Discus and support Touchpad no longer showing in Devices & Printers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My touchpad has stopped working and although I thought it would be under Devices and Printers I am unable to find it anywhere I am working on an ACER... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TSUGUA, Aug 10, 2018 at 9:03 AM.

1. TSUGUA Win User

My touchpad has stopped working and although I thought it would be under Devices and Printers

I am unable to find it anywhere

I am working on an ACER Aspire E 15

:)

2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

3. ChrisOfTheOT Win User
    New Printer Not Showing in Devices & Printers (But Does Show in Device Manager)

Now I have no printers and Devices and Printers at all, not even a banner (but it still shows in Device Manager).

I have uninstalled all the new Brother printer driver & utilities programs (again) and rebooted (again). I also turned off MS XPS print services from Programs and Features, just in case. In Device Manager, I clicked ‘Show hidden devices’ and found
    three instances of the old printer plus the old Prolific Parallel – USB adapter cable (now returned & refunded). All these were ghosted out but I uninstalled all of them anyway.

I checked ‘spooling’ in ‘Services’ and this is set to ‘Automatic’ (and is ‘Running’).

These posts did not help:

1)

Windows 10 - Epson C88+ not showing in devices and printers

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to update the drivers for printer in Device Manager:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter
    Step 3: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

2)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17420/windows-printer-problems

= ‘Fix printer problems’ on MS Support

I do not understand why I’m having so many problems but am desperate for help – please!

Chris

ChrisOfTheOT, Aug 10, 2018 at 9:15 AM
  4. Giridhar J Win User

Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thema:

1. Touchpad no longer showing in Devices & Printers - Similar Threads - Touchpad longer showing

2. I am not able to add new bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am not able to add new bluetooth devices: I bougth my ASUS ROG GL503VD laptop a month ago and have been using it without any issues. Yesterday, I was prompted to install the 1803 OS update and I did, but it took a lot of time to install. Today, using my laptop, when trying to add a bluetooth keyboard, noticed this...
  3. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  4. VC-211A USB2.0 video capture device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VC-211A USB2.0 video capture device: I need the DRIVER win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/vc-211a-usb20-video-capture-device/db4330d0-985f-411f-b11e-85e5aa70ef9b
  5. Windows 10 Device Manager Multiple Code 12 Errors

Windows 10 Device Manager Multiple Code 12 Errors: I recently installed Windows 10 on an older EarthWalk Lap15EW12 and right after that i noticed in device manager that multiple devices were giving Code 12s and were not usable. Here are the devices listed 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller Broadcom 802.11G Wireless...
  6. Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...: I have been trying to get an Windows 10 1803 ISO for my office for a VM Hypervisor. The Media Creation Tool 1803 is running really slow and when I lock my computer down for my work day so it can keep downloading, when I come back, the program is closed and the file is not...
  7. Office 365 app tiles not showing icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 365 app tiles not showing icons: Highlighted blank start tiles are, l-r respectively, Office 365 Access, Excel, OneNote, and PowerPoint. I can resize them and see the icons. Until the next time I logout. [IMG] Install was a CTR download, not via Store. You'd think at least the Microsoft stuff would...
  8. Thread stuck in device driver windows 10!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thread stuck in device driver windows 10!: I ran into BSOD so many and it's the message and dump file. plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/thread-stuck-in-device-driver-windows-10/6215b3d2-9f30-4f08-a01f-bde18bc0ee81
  9. Hard drive shows up in This PC, but not Intel Rapid Storage

Hard drive shows up in This PC, but not Intel Rapid Storage: I have two eternal hard drives hooked up to my motherboard. I can see them both in This PC and can copy and delete files from both. I actually wiped them both clean and formatted them on this new PC that I just built, and everything seemed fine until I installed Intel Rapid...
  10. OS selection menu not showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OS selection menu not showing: I have windows 10 along with windows 7 installed. The problem is that it never shows the os selection menu and always boots into windows 10, never windows 7. When i change system configuration a little (for example, changing time for wich menu is shown) it shows again for...