Windows 10: Touchpad no longer showing in Devices & Printers

Discus and support Touchpad no longer showing in Devices & Printers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My touchpad has stopped working and although I thought it would be under Devices and Printers I am unable to find it anywhere I am working on an ACER... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TSUGUA, Aug 10, 2018.

1. TSUGUA Win User

Touchpad no longer showing in Devices & Printers

My touchpad has stopped working and although I thought it would be under Devices and Printers

I am unable to find it anywhere

I am working on an ACER Aspire E 15

:)

TSUGUA, Aug 10, 2018
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Aug 10, 2018
  3. New Printer Not Showing in Devices & Printers (But Does Show in Device Manager)

Now I have no printers and Devices and Printers at all, not even a banner (but it still shows in Device Manager).

I have uninstalled all the new Brother printer driver & utilities programs (again) and rebooted (again). I also turned off MS XPS print services from Programs and Features, just in case. In Device Manager, I clicked ‘Show hidden devices’ and found
    three instances of the old printer plus the old Prolific Parallel – USB adapter cable (now returned & refunded). All these were ghosted out but I uninstalled all of them anyway.

I checked ‘spooling’ in ‘Services’ and this is set to ‘Automatic’ (and is ‘Running’).

These posts did not help:

1)

Windows 10 - Epson C88+ not showing in devices and printers

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to update the drivers for printer in Device Manager:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter
    Step 3: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

2)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17420/windows-printer-problems

= ‘Fix printer problems’ on MS Support

I do not understand why I’m having so many problems but am desperate for help – please!

Chris

ChrisOfTheOT, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Touchpad no longer showing in Devices & Printers

Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Touchpad no longer showing in Devices & Printers

1. Touchpad no longer showing in Devices & Printers - Similar Threads - Touchpad longer showing

2. Printers showing in Printers & Devices, but not showing in Applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printers showing in Printers & Devices, but not showing in Applications: We have domain users logging in with a roaming profile.Frequently users log in and have their saved printers showing in Printers & Devices, but when they open Word, Chrome, etc. the printers do not show up. If they remove and add the printer, it will show up in...
  3. Printers showing in Printers & Devices, but not showing in Applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers showing in Printers & Devices, but not showing in Applications: We have domain users logging in with a roaming profile.Frequently users log in and have their saved printers showing in Printers & Devices, but when they open Word, Chrome, etc. the printers do not show up. If they remove and add the printer, it will show up in...
  4. Elan touchpad not showing in device manager

Elan touchpad not showing in device manager: HP Pavilion x360 11-u006tuWindows 10 I let the Device Manager update the ELAN Touchpad driver. Big mistake. Now the ELAN tab in the mouse driver control panel has disappeared. This is where I did stuff like make it so sliding my finger up and down the right side acted like...
  5. Bluetooth device no longer showing in Device Manager

Bluetooth device no longer showing in Device Manager: I have lost my BT capability on my ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-F Gaming mobo. The BT device no longer shows in DM. This is what I have tried: - reinstall drivers - flash different BIOS, i.e. revert to previous version - use rapr.exe to remove old BT drivers and reinstall - looked in...
  6. printer will not show in devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer will not show in devices: I connected a HP 1012 and it shows up under bluetooth but not in printing devices. When I try to add a printer it asks me to sign. When I do I get this error. Request Id: 295fcef3-143f-498f-9831-4fae18c14d00 Correlation Id: 515b26c1-374a-4b30-b55b-c61e117f76a1...
  7. Touchpad device shows as not present

Touchpad device shows as not present: My touchpad stopped working and I am receiving this error message in properties: This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. Code 24 I have tried update driver, disable device and roll back driver and nothing changed....
  8. Newly added printers no longer showing in Devices and Printers or Printers and Scanners(Win...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Newly added printers no longer showing in Devices and Printers or Printers and Scanners(Win...: Hello, I work at an MSP and we have several companies with the same issue; I was the first to notice it here about 3-4 weeks ago. For context I have observed this issue in 8, 10(Build 1803, 1809 and 1903). You can see the printers if you go to the classic printers view. As a...
  9. Printer not showing up in devices and printers

Printer not showing up in devices and printers: My printer does not show up in Devices and Printers. However, when I print from my applications, I can find the printer and it works fine. I want to make my printer the default printer, but have no way to do that. Can you help?...
  10. Touchpad device not showing up in device manager

Touchpad device not showing up in device manager: [ATTACH] I just installed windows 10, and i can't find my touchpad, i can't even find touchpad in the windows settings.[ATTACH] I tried to install a driver for my touchpad but i can't find one. Can someone please send me a link of a driver or tell me how to fix this...