Windows 10: Touchpad not working properly how do i fix it?

Discus and support Touchpad not working properly how do i fix it? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since past few days my touchpad sometimes works properly and while suddenly after few time of usage it doesnt work only the right side of touch pad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Abhishek Dafade, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Touchpad not working properly how do i fix it?

Since past few days my touchpad sometimes works properly and while suddenly after few time of usage it doesnt work only the right side of touch pad only works and with time the right side also diminishes i have tried updating and reinstalling elan driver but it is still the same

:)

Abhishek Dafade, Jun 23, 2024

2. My touchpad isn't working properly

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

I suggest you to roll back the drivers and check if that helps.

Try the following steps:

• Right click on the start icon and choose device manager

• In device manager, right on the touchpad under Mice and other pointing devices.

• Click on Rollback under driver tab.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Touchpad not working properly

Hi Omer,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the touchpad drivers by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be happy to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Touchpad not working properly how do i fix it?

Touchpad, Clickpad, and Bluetooth Mouse - Scrolling and Other Actions not working properly

Hi Richard,

It seems that the drivers installed are not compatible with Windows 10 since your devices were working fine with Windows 8. To resolve the issue, we suggest reinstalling the drivers of your touchpad and Bluetooth mouse. For the steps, please check the following
    articles:

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Touchpad not working properly how do i fix it?

1. Touchpad not working properly how do i fix it? - Similar Threads - Touchpad working properly

2. Touchpad not working properly how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not working properly how do i fix it?: Since past few days my touchpad sometimes works properly and while suddenly after few time of usage it doesnt work only the right side of touch pad only works and with time the right side also diminishes i have tried updating and reinstalling elan driver but it is still the...
  3. touchpad not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad not working properly: why my dell laptop touch pad stop working....frequently....is any one facing the same problem....please help me out ,if any one has a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-not-working-properly/a2917456-be63-4e6a-a39b-a710741b9518
  4. touchpad not working properly

touchpad not working properly: why my dell laptop touch pad stop working....frequently....is any one facing the same problem....please help me out ,if any one has a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-not-working-properly/a2917456-be63-4e6a-a39b-a710741b9518
  5. how do I fix my touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I fix my touchpad: my touchpad has an intermittent fault. It works for a little while then it stops for a few minutes and it appears to be getting worse. My laptop is only a year old. I have tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling. but the issue doesn't change. Grateful for any help....
  6. How do I fix a not working touchpad on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix a not working touchpad on Windows 11?: My touchpad for my Windows 11 Lenovo Ideapad isn't working; it's been bothering me for a while to carry a Bluetooth mouse around everywhere to be able to work on my laptop. I've searched the web multiple of times on how to get this problem fixed, earlier in Windows 10, and...
  7. How do I fix a not working touchpad on Windows 11?

How do I fix a not working touchpad on Windows 11?: My touchpad for my Windows 11 Lenovo Ideapad isn't working; it's been bothering me for a while to carry a Bluetooth mouse around everywhere to be able to work on my laptop. I've searched the web multiple of times on how to get this problem fixed, earlier in Windows 10, and...
  8. keyboard not work properly. how do I Fix itÉ

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard not work properly. how do I Fix itÉ: some key on the board do not show properly for instance forward slash é backward slash à. Question Mark É, contraction mark è etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-work-properly-how-do-i-fix-it%C3%A9/a22bc18f-597f-4108-9f9b-54c3af2c8370
  9. How do I reset Touchpad to work properly

How do I reset Touchpad to work properly: The touch pad on my Toshiba computer is not working. I only have one good USB port and use that for the mouse, but want to save pics on jump drive, but touch pad not working so I can operate without the mouse. Please tell me how to reset or reactivate my touch pad. I do not...
  10. Touchpad not working properly

Touchpad not working properly: OK so now if my touchpad is switched on the mouse cursor sometimes makes continuous erratic movements around the screen. Turning it off solves this problem. Is this a sign it's wearing out, or is there something I can do to stop this? 42868