Windows 10: Touchpad, numeric keyboard, mousekey tuning itself on

Discus and support Touchpad, numeric keyboard, mousekey tuning itself on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I have Toshiba satellite s-50. My problem started after updating windows 8.1 to windows 10, of course! First the touchpad just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by montblack, Jan 26, 2016.

1. montblack Win User

Touchpad, numeric keyboard, mousekey tuning itself on

Hello Everyone,

I have Toshiba satellite s-50. My problem started after updating windows 8.1 to windows 10, of course! First the touchpad just stopped working, for no reason. My solution was to uninstall the drive and restart the laptop. And from time to time I had to do this proceed. Two weeks ago windows updated, and the touchpad issue's gone.
    . Unfortunately, another one appeared. The feature "mousekey", which is turn it on at ease access to use the numeric keys to use them as a mouse, It's turning itself on. And doesn't matter how many times I turn it off, few seconds and it's on again. I've tried uninstalling the drive, which after windows the last updating was "ELAN". Then I replaced by the Toshiba drivers, which is "Synaptic", and uninstalled the drives, the problem is the same. Because of that, I can't use my numeric key, which is annoying!! If anyone can come up with something I will be grateful.

Touchpad, numeric keyboard, mousekey tuning itself on [​IMG]

Touchpad, numeric keyboard, mousekey tuning itself on [​IMG]

:)

montblack, Jan 26, 2016

2. Keyboard and mouse not working on Windows 10.

Got a Numeric keypad? Use Mousekeys. Otherwise in general you don't need to scroll if you have a keyboard and can Tab or use Arrow keys to navigate.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jan 26, 2016
  3. My number lock key does not work within MS Excel.

To check where the problem lies, e.g. hardware or software, you should try using the On-Screen Keyboard (osk.exe) for its Numeric keypad. Doing that would first allow you to check on the state of the NumLock key and second whether numbers entered via the
    Numpad with NumLock on were being understood by Excel. Related to this you should make sure that Mousekeys is not running or at least that Mousekeys is not in control of the Numpad when NumLock in on.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jan 26, 2016
Thema:

Touchpad, numeric keyboard, mousekey tuning itself on

1. Touchpad, numeric keyboard, mousekey tuning itself on - Similar Threads - Touchpad numeric keyboard

2. Touchpad disables itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad disables itself: I was using my laptop for work and after typing for a while the touchpad stopped working. I don’t have a mouse connected, I didn’t turn off the touchpad in settings. I looked up a video and it said to check the touchpad settings, upon inspection I noticed that the touchpad...
  3. Touchpad disables itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad disables itself: I was using my laptop for work and after typing for a while the touchpad stopped working. I don’t have a mouse connected, I didn’t turn off the touchpad in settings. I looked up a video and it said to check the touchpad settings, upon inspection I noticed that the touchpad...
  4. Sculpt keyboard, Numeric keyboard doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sculpt keyboard, Numeric keyboard doesn't work: I have a Sculpt Keyboard, main keyboard and mouse are working normal, but numeric keyboard doesn't. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sculpt-keyboard-numeric-keyboard-doesnt-work/df57ba8e-8823-4cae-8889-c72be18376da
  5. USB numeric keyboard

USB numeric keyboard: The num lock on the auxiliary numeric key board locks the alpha keyboard as well. Impossible to use on spreadsheet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-numeric-keyboard/fa3a5b27-75ef-408e-b84b-a6fa6f0e2b8b
  6. Del key on numeric keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Del key on numeric keyboard: I have a new HP laptop using Windows 10. When using the numeric keyboard I keep on getting a full stop when trying to use the del key. Can someone help me fix this? Thanks Claire McDevitt...
  7. numeric keyboard error

numeric keyboard error: since two weeks numeric keyboard showing error, when I type 7 it is type 79, also other numbers work same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numeric-keyboard-error/773ec80e-118d-4e32-b69b-9a57f05264c6
  8. Keyboard Numeric Pad

Keyboard Numeric Pad: Numeric Key Pad does not work for Numbers and that is true for 5 different Keyboards attempted. Some Wireless and some tethered. Must be a Win 10 glitch. Any Solutions?...
  9. Numeric lock on HP keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Numeric lock on HP keyboard: since I installed windows 10, every time I power-OFF, the number lock closes. That did not happen with Windows 7. At first, I activated the Num Lock every time I booted. Now, even when the Num Lock light is ON, the number pad is inactive. I wish to have the Num lock ON at all...
  10. Numeric Keyboard start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Numeric Keyboard start up: Since last updates, two problems have occurred with Windows 10 on my laptop. 1. Numeric keyboard always opens now with 'num lock' not working. Before I wouldn't have to do anything, now I have to press it to get numbers to type 2. Random freezing while using Facebook....