Windows 10: TouchPad problem

Discus and support TouchPad problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba s50 , i7 laptop and the touchpad/smartpad has stopped working. This has been an intermittent ongoing issue for months and months. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bartjunited, Jun 27, 2018.

1. TouchPad problem

I have a Toshiba s50 , i7 laptop and the touchpad/smartpad has stopped working.

This has been an intermittent ongoing issue for months and months.

I have tried the following

- uninstalling and reinstalling drivers

- ensuring the touchpad is enabled via control panel and settings

- ensuring the touchpad is active is windows 10 settings

a few months ago I could install an older version of the driver and it would work, but after a while it would stop working.

last week i decided to look in the control panel settings and saw the touchpad had been disabled so I enabled it. hey presto it started working perfectly again.

2 days ago I went into the mouse settings to increase the size of the mouse pointer and once i applied this, the touchpad stopped working again and I havent managed to get it to work since.

I have exhausted many avenues and considering rebuilding it but that seems a bit drastic. Ive read that the issue could be windows 10 rather than the drivers.

please please please help

Thanks

Bart

:)

bartjunited, Jun 27, 2018
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jun 27, 2018
  3. turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Jun 27, 2018
  4. TouchPad problem

problem in touchpad

Hi,

We can't imagine the hassle of being without a working touch pad on a laptop. Touchpad problems are commonly caused by a corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve this one, we suggest starting by following the steps on this
    article on how to fix touchpad problems in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

TouchPad problem

1. TouchPad problem - Similar Threads - TouchPad problem

2. Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.: So the problems that are occurring don't actually have anything to do with my touchpad despite my question title. Honestly I just had no idea how to describe my question otherwise. The reason I know this doesn't have to do with my touchpad is, I tried using a mouse and turned...
  3. Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.: So the problems that are occurring don't actually have anything to do with my touchpad despite my question title. Honestly I just had no idea how to describe my question otherwise. The reason I know this doesn't have to do with my touchpad is, I tried using a mouse and turned...
  4. Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons: My Dell laptop's touchpad buttons aren't working right. There are four buttons—two on top and two at the bottom. The top ones, for left and right clicks, are causing trouble. When I press them, the cursor takes a second to respond. And if I press them while holding Shift or...
  5. Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons

Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons: My Dell laptop's touchpad buttons aren't working right. There are four buttons—two on top and two at the bottom. The top ones, for left and right clicks, are causing trouble. When I press them, the cursor takes a second to respond. And if I press them while holding Shift or...
  6. Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Problem with touchpad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with touchpad.: My mouse cursor only moves with my Bluetooth mouse, but when I try to move it with my touchpad it doesn't work. Not sure what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-touchpad/32a07f73-2121-42a8-a537-3cbb2efd320f
  8. Problem with touchpad.

Problem with touchpad.: My mouse cursor only moves with my Bluetooth mouse, but when I try to move it with my touchpad it doesn't work. Not sure what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-touchpad/32a07f73-2121-42a8-a537-3cbb2efd320f
  9. I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly: I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-in-my-laptop-touchpad-also-it-is/d0448794-e258-45cc-864b-7dc10890ecd6
  10. I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly

I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly: I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-in-my-laptop-touchpad-also-it-is/d0448794-e258-45cc-864b-7dc10890ecd6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix the haier y11c screen flicker problem

2. touchpad phone problem windows