Windows 10: Touchpad problems after reinstalling windows 10

Discus and support Touchpad problems after reinstalling windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, i have just reinstalled windows 10 on my SSD and i have some problems with the touchpad. While using both touchpad and mouse, pointer keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CuriousOne, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Touchpad problems after reinstalling windows 10

Hi guys, i have just reinstalled windows 10 on my SSD and i have some problems with the touchpad. While using both touchpad and mouse, pointer keeps freezing and keeps making "beep" sounds...I reinstalled drivers over and over, and still nothing...Does any1 have an ideea of what's going on with the freaking windows?

:)

CuriousOne, Nov 21, 2015
  2. Hami007 Win User

Windows 10, Synaptics touchpad settings lost on logout/reboot

I am having same problem with Synaptics Touchpad
    Driver
    in Windows 10 OS Build 10586.494.

My Touchpad is a PS/2 Port Synaptics TouchPad.

Driver version is 19.0.12.0 which is a compatible driver provide by HP for this OS.

My Laptop Model is HP Probook 4540s

I tried to reinstall the driver and also upgrade it to 19.0.19.1 but the problem is same. Usually when the Touchpad is off the orange light needs to remain on but it turned of after some seconds or a few minutes, after that Touchpad refuses to turn on by double
    tapping on disabling area. I need to restart the system to get the Synaptics TouchPad settings in notification area. Sometime one Reboot is not enough to get back these settings.

This problem starts after i upgrade from Windows 10 OS Build 1024 to Windows 10 OS build 10586.....

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Hami007, Nov 21, 2015
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Touchpad problems with Windows 10 Creators Update

Hi,

It appears that you're having problems with your touchpad after updating to Windows 10 Creators Update. We would like to know if you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling your touchpad driver. Also, have you tried restarting your computer? This helps
    to resolve common computer problems by refreshing all the programs and services. You can also visit this
    article to check for steps on how to troubleshoot touchpad problems in
    Windows 10.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to help you further.

Ramon Imp, Nov 21, 2015
  4. Touchpad problems after reinstalling windows 10

You can be sure that it is a driver problem. Some things to try:

Select "No" in Device Installation Settings (search for it with Cortana)

Try installing an older driver
    -or-
    Try installing a driver from a different OS. For example, you have an Acer. Try getting the driver from their website. If it is no good, try a different OS for the driver in the selection. If none of that works, undo what I told you above and select "Yes" instead, and get a driver via Windows Update.

DustSailor, Nov 22, 2015
  5. I tried what you said. Still not working. This isn't the first time i am having this problem. The other times i reinstalled windows again and it worked. But now, I'm honestly sick of reinstalling windows over and over. Could it be from my laptop?...

CuriousOne, Nov 22, 2015
  6. Try to contact Acer. Also, you should never have to keep reinstalling Windows... once is enough.

DustSailor, Nov 22, 2015
  7. as for me, my touchpad completely not usable after 2 days of using my new acer E5, but after updating bios via acer support page, it works fine now, hope this help..

Cloud5trife, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Touchpad problems after reinstalling windows 10

1. Touchpad problems after reinstalling windows 10 - Similar Threads - Touchpad problems reinstalling

2. Problems after reinstalling Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems after reinstalling Windows 10: Hi, I am Sourav. Last 16th June one of my social networking account got hacked. Upon analysis I found I was a victim of Browser Hijacking via Cookies. The browser was Google Chrome. Hacker tried to hack my Amazon, Google,Spotify accounts too but somehow I managed to prevent....
  3. Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.: I have been having sound problems after reinstalling Windows 10 on my desktop. Its a kind of vibration or electric buzz that occurs with some regularity when I stream a video, when I play a dvd, or an audiobook cd. I use add-in speakers but they work fine with my phone so...
  4. Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.: I have been having sound problems after reinstalling Windows 10 on my desktop. Its a kind of vibration or electric buzz that occurs with some regularity when I stream a video, when I play a dvd, or an audiobook cd. I use add-in speakers but they work fine with my phone so...
  5. Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Touchpad Problems after Windows Update

Touchpad Problems after Windows Update: My synaptics touchpad's right button no longer has any effect and the "Synaptics App" Clickpad settings blink rapidly after the last Windows Update. Which update is most likely to be guilty see screenshot/should I roll back? Rolling back the touchpad driver, and rolling it...
  7. TouchPad problem in windows 10

TouchPad problem in windows 10: My touchpad stop working after recent windows 10 update and not able to fix this issue please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-problem-in-windows-10/a88182ed-4949-4608-a424-2ea108d3ab59
  8. Problems encountered after reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems encountered after reinstalling windows 10: Hello everyone. I have been battling with errors upon errors after reinstalling windows since that is the most "said to work" solution to almost all problems. Guess this should be my 6th time reinstalling windows 10 and each time I do, a new error adds with the old one....
  9. Touchpad problem after Update

Touchpad problem after Update: Last night, 9 April 2019, I updated my Windows to the last version but after that my touchpad stopped working. Am I the only one with this problem? Do you know what I can do to fix it? I tried to update the touchpad driver, to unistall and reinstall it but nothing worked....
  10. Problems with touchpad after upgrade to Windows 10

Problems with touchpad after upgrade to Windows 10: I have a ASUS Q200E laptop. After upgrading to Windows 10, my touchpad had been acting a little buggy. Anyone else experiencing any issues? 11154

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Have reinstalled fresh Windows 10 but still experiencing trackpad problems

2. reinstalled windows and loast my trackpad