Windows 10: Touchpad scroll not working, No virtual scrolling option in synaptics!

Discus and support Touchpad scroll not working, No virtual scrolling option in synaptics! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop touchpad scrolling stopped working this morning after I updated my gpu driver. I went to the packard bell website and looked at the touchpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SilviaJDM, Sep 6, 2015.

1. SilviaJDM Win User

Touchpad scroll not working, No virtual scrolling option in synaptics!

My laptop touchpad scrolling stopped working this morning after I updated my gpu driver. I went to the packard bell website and looked at the touchpad drivers for my laptop. There is a synaptics one and a elan one.

Touchpad scroll not working, No virtual scrolling option in synaptics! [​IMG]

I have them both installed on my laptop but it still isn't working and there is still no virtual scrolling option in synaptics. These are the options that I have in the synaptics settings:

This is what it should look like:

What do I have to do to get the scroll trackpad feature to work again? P.S, when in device manager, even though there is an ELAN tab in mouse properties, Only the synaptics driver shows up under the mice section in device manager. Does this mean that the synaptics driver is replacing the ELAN and I need them both for the scroll to work.
    Thanks

:)

SilviaJDM, Sep 6, 2015

2. my windows 10 upgrade on my hp dv6-2150us notebook scrolling is not working

I did all this hp has no solution for this problem of scrolling. I also changed the synaptics touchpad drivers from Synaptics with no success. the scrolling does not work.

Verendra NSaxena, Sep 6, 2015
  3. After Windows 10 Creator's Update, my Synaptic touchpad horizontal scrolling is not working anymore

Hi,

Previously I am able to use my Synaptic touchpad for vertical and horizontal scrolling, for browsing websites via Edge and documents. Now after the upgrade, only vertical scrolling is working. The Setting app only has options for vertical scrolling too.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

shaz_smach, Sep 6, 2015
  4. SilviaJDM Win User

I've been messing around with it some more and ended up totally removing the synaptics drivers and installing the ELAN drivers. After doing this the scroll features of the trackpad work again so I have no idea why there are synaptics drivers on the model page for my laptop. There is still a problem though, when I got into the ELAN options in 'mouse settings', I get "windows shell common DLL has stopped working" and I then have to close the mouse settings. So now I can't get into the ELAN settings. Anybody have any info on 'windows shell' issue?

SilviaJDM, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Touchpad scroll not working, No virtual scrolling option in synaptics! - Similar Threads - Touchpad scroll working

2. synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad: I had my computer wiped and windows 10 reinstalled. Everything works fine except for the touchpad -- I can click and move the pointer just fine but I cannot scroll even though in my mouse configuration it says it is enabled and it even "detects" my attempts to use the...
  3. Touchpad Scroll Not Working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Scroll Not Working...: Windows 10 Lenovo laptop touchpad 2 finger and touchpad edge scroll functions stopped working in certain apps ie Calendar Onenote Mail Photos etc since they were updated Works fine on other Microsoft and non Microsoft apps like Edge File explorer Chrome Opera etc already...
  4. Touchpad Scroll Not Working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Scroll Not Working...: Windows 10 Lenovo laptop touchpad 2 finger and touchpad edge scroll functions stopped working in certain apps ie Calendar Onenote Mail Photos etc since they were updated Works fine on other Microsoft and non Microsoft apps like Edge File explorer Chrome Opera etc already...
  5. Synaptics Touchpad Reverse Scroll

Synaptics Touchpad Reverse Scroll: Hi, After the recent update my Synaptics Touchpad on my HP Laptop has reverted back to factory setting scroll. I changed the settings to enable the two finger scroll to reverse and now I cannot change the settings to my choice. There is nowhere in settings to enable me to do...
  6. Touchpad scroll not working

Touchpad scroll not working: I just got my laptop repaired for a hard drive issue. Since I got it back I haven't been able to scroll using my touchpad. I've tried uninstalling my touchpad software and reinstalling it. I have everything updated. I don't know how to fix it....
  7. Touchpad scroll not work

Touchpad scroll not work: i want to ask something, i think my touchpad is error. but its diffrence from question i see before. my touchpad scroll not working in any program like mozilla, explore, etc. but it work in setting, start menu. so what should i do to fix it?...
  8. Synaptics touchpad reverse scroll reverts on restart

Synaptics touchpad reverse scroll reverts on restart: Does this happen for anyone else? I don't like the two finger reverse scroll that windows 8 and windows 10 uses on default. I prefer that when I swipe two fingers down the page goes down, not up. I go to the synaptic settings uncheck reverse scrolling and it works as I...
  9. Synaptics Touchpad Will Not Scroll (Windows 10)

Synaptics Touchpad Will Not Scroll (Windows 10): Hi! New to the forum...I just upgraded my windows 7 original install on my Toshiba Laptop (3 years old) to the Windows 10 Home Preview Build (10130 was installed). Everything appears to be working EXCEPT my touchpad will not scroll. It is a Synaptics V7.5 on PS-2 port. I...
  10. Synaptics touchpad V1.2 - no option for one-finger scrolling?

Synaptics touchpad V1.2 - no option for one-finger scrolling?: Hello, I recently bought a Lenovo Y700 running W10. I am trying to get it set up the way I like and cannot find an option to use one-finger scrolling with my touchpad (two-finger scrolling is an option and works just fine). I am updated to driver 19.0.19.1, but for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad settings in scrolling seting not showing

2. touchpad scrolling not working

3. virtual scrolling synaptics windows 10

4. my synaptic mouse has no scrolling option