Windows 10: Touchpad scroll problem in win10 - help needed

Discus and support Touchpad scroll problem in win10 - help needed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks, I'm back with an old problem - this concern my X300 with ALPS Ultranav touchpad/trackpoint and scroll in win10. Links to the R500 pages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by insomniacno1, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Touchpad scroll problem in win10 - help needed

Hi folks, I'm back with an old problem - this concern my X300 with ALPS Ultranav touchpad/trackpoint and scroll in win10.

Links to the R500 pages
    https://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopi...790780#p790780
    Working Touchpad drivers for Thinkpad R500?
    Touchpad Scroll work in Firefox, Explorer but not in Store, Edge

It's the excact same problem I had with my R500: Touchpad scroll works in Internet Explorer, Firefox, File Explorer, Device manager, Help, Services.msc and some other places, but it does not work in Start menu or any menu under system, Control panel, Edge or Windows Store - no matter what I have tried it simply will not Scroll - There is no doubt in my mind that this a BUG in registry or the interface - I have tried to find the problem in registry but came up empty.

I tried contacting MS support about this but they indian guys kept on giving me the runaround and asking me to install newest drivers - I started out telling them that I had the newest ALPS drivers from 2009 for windows 7 - so again where they answer without reading the full question(they do that alot).

I have tried various forums including Tenforums, sevenforums, Lenovo - I tried drivers from Toshiba, Dell, other Thinkpad models - any laptop with similar ALPS touchpad.

As I stated in the R500 thread, I'm guessing that the problem lies in the user interface and not the driver(otherwise it would not work at all) and because most of the user interface windows like Store and Control panel and Start menu is linked to Edge and that is the one having the bug. I just can't seem to get MS interested in fixing this bug together with me or all the other people with the same problem (not only thinkpad owners). NOTE: I'm not the only person with this problem.

Hope someone can answer this cause it driving me nuts!

Touchpad/Trackpoint: ALPS UltraNav 2 - I have the newest driver from lenovo and ALPS don't have driver download available. But can't see how its a driver issue when it works in Device manager and the other places.

With kind regards

JBJ
    Scrolling right now in Firefox - If i go to Start, Edge or Store, its not working.

:)

insomniacno1, Oct 25, 2017

2. ELAN touchpad is disabled on startup

hello

after upgrading to win10 touchpad is disabled by default on start up

is there any thing i can do to enable it on startup rather than doing it manually

also scrolling is not functioning

i used to scroll using the touchpad sides but now it's not working

**lenovo G580 running win10 home

MohamedElshimy, Oct 25, 2017
  3. Pauloe8 Win User
    Touchpad not working properly on Windows 10

I have Problems with the touchpad on a Laptop HP Pavillion dv6 2130eg. The pad works but I used to be able to scroll and double click on the pad this funtion has dissappered with win10.

Pauloe8, Oct 25, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Touchpad scroll problem in win10 - help needed

dalchina, Oct 27, 2017
  5. Yeah but that is synaptics touchpad, mine is ALPS and i have the best driver made for it - the series 7 one from 2009.

I have tried series 8 driver in many different version from Toshiba, Dell, HP and other manufacturers from the first version to the newest one - they all disables the touchpad and trackpoint after restart.

What I need is for someone who has it working to point me to the driver they use, so I can download it and try.

Or tell me about some tweaks, reghacks, or utility that will fix this

insomniacno1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Touchpad scroll problem in win10 - help needed

1. Touchpad scroll problem in win10 - help needed - Similar Threads - Touchpad scroll problem

2. touchpad problem to scroll with 2 fingers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad problem to scroll with 2 fingers: hi i am gautami have an problem to use touchpad .I cannot use touchpad i want to scroll with 2 fingers but i doesn't plz give e a solution with step by step...
  3. touchpad problem to scroll with 2 fingers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad problem to scroll with 2 fingers: hi i am gautami have an problem to use touchpad .I cannot use touchpad i want to scroll with 2 fingers but i doesn't plz give e a solution with step by step...
  4. Touchpad not scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not scrolling: Hi,I have a Windows 11 computer. It is the HP Hewlett-Packed Computer.For some reason, my computer's touchpad won't move the cursor sometimes, or it cannot scroll with two fingers.From, SeowoongChang....
  5. Need help with a win10 problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with a win10 problem: So I don't have the best laptop for gaming but that didnt impact that I could play Ark Survival on the bare min settings decently smooth. The game crashed back to back. From that moment, everything has been delay responding. Sometimes a program with freeze all together and...
  6. Problems scrolling with touchpad only on certain overlays

Problems scrolling with touchpad only on certain overlays: I've been having this issue with my touch pad for about a month now - or it could have been longer because I generally use a wireless mouse and not the touch pad. It started with me not being able to scroll with two fingers ONLY in the Start Menu. I searched for other...
  7. scrolling on touchpad

scrolling on touchpad: Lost two finger scrolling...settings not available for touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrolling-on-touchpad/63e43673-c34a-4fee-8b9e-27598a5b7712
  8. Touchpad scroll

Touchpad scroll: [IMG]I can’t use the two finger scroll on my laptop I tried many things as going to control panel and device and printers >> mouse and I cannot find device settings tab ! Also i tried the pointers method and didn’t work...
  9. need to reverse scroll direction on touchpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need to reverse scroll direction on touchpad: My touchpad direction (scrolling with fingers) changes everytime there is an update. It drives me crazy. I cannot find a way to reverse it this time. Why does this happen?...
  10. Problem in touchpad scrolling

Problem in touchpad scrolling: My touchpad was working fine but today I am not able to scroll using it , also the cursor stucks for sometime at a point , at that point I can use left and right but cannot move it using touchpad . Also there are no new driver updates available so as to install them. I am...