Windows 10: Touchpad Sensitivity too sensitive in Web Browsers

Discus and support Touchpad Sensitivity too sensitive in Web Browsers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I make my touchpad less sensitive while using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and IE 11? For example, when I am typing something, the zoom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jesse Williams, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Touchpad Sensitivity too sensitive in Web Browsers

How can I make my touchpad less sensitive while using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and IE 11?

For example, when I am typing something, the zoom size of the webpage is constantly changing.

I have set it to Long Delay in Settings, but that didn't seem to help.

Are there any workarounds or fixes for this?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Jesse Williams, Jul 4, 2016

2. Cursor Jumping Around

Is this on a laptop? If so, the problem could be touchpad sensitivity. Even if you're not inadvertently brushing it with your thumb, if the sensitivity is set too high, even the vibration of typing might affect it. If you turn off the touchpad and use
    an external mouse, do you experience the same problem?

Suzanne S. Barnhill, Jul 4, 2016
  3. Issue with touchpad sensitivity after installing Windows 10

Original Title: Touchpad sensitivity

I have an HP Pavilion Touch Smart and after installing Windows 10 the sensitivity of the touchpad is way to sensitive. I cannot touch it without it just going crazy. It will enlarge things to 200% in an instant. It will shrink the screen and pull up Cortana
    also. I cannot find any settings for sensitivity. I have found setting for mouse and touchpad and there is no place to adjust the sensitivity. This is driving me crazy. HELP!!

Carla Havard, Jul 4, 2016
  4. Touchpad Sensitivity too sensitive in Web Browsers

Hello? Can anyone answer my thread?

Jesse Williams, Jul 4, 2016
  5. How can I tell if I need new drivers?

Jesse Williams, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Touchpad Sensitivity too sensitive in Web Browsers

1. Touchpad Sensitivity too sensitive in Web Browsers - Similar Threads - Touchpad Sensitivity too

2. Scrolling through touchpad is too sensitive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling through touchpad is too sensitive.: My issue is that whenever I scroll through touchpad in any window default apps Eg. Microsoft Store and Microsoft edge. It feels too sensitive despite my scrolling sensitivity set to 3, But scrolling works fine in other apps like chrome. I also checked the driver updates in...
  3. Touchpad sensitivity too high

Touchpad sensitivity too high: Even after setting touchpad sensitivity to low (the minimum), the touchpad is still too sensitive and will often click while moving the cursor or just click completely by itself. Any way to fix this? I'm running Windows version 2004 and I have an HP laptop, just in case it's...
  4. Touchpad still too sensitive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad still too sensitive: Is there a way of reducing my touchpad sensitivity beyond the limits of the Win10 setting? I have it as the lowest, but still the mouse reacts before my finger actually hits any target....
  5. Touchpad too sensitive . . .

Touchpad too sensitive . . .: I have an Asus laptop, purchased new in September 2019, W10, Firefox, auto-updates all on, has the latest touchpad driver. Win version 1909. An overly-sensitive touchpad has been a problem since new, and also was on my previous laptop, an HP. Yes, it's set on the...
  6. touchpad too sensitive in windows 10

touchpad too sensitive in windows 10: My touchpad clicks on its own as I pass over a cell using using EXCEL worksheet EXCEL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-too-sensitive-in-windows-10/4108cf14-791a-4500-8c45-30766854dad9
  7. Touchpad Sensitivity

Touchpad Sensitivity: Dell XPS 9370 / Windows 10 May 2019 Update The slightest 'single finger' graze causes the Touchpad to register a 'left-click'. Touchpad sensitivity setting seems to make no difference. Same problem with previous version of Windows 10. Experiencing multiple false...
  8. touchpad sensitivity

touchpad sensitivity: hello my touchpad on laptop is very sensitive to touch and is driving me crazy! I have tried going into pc settings > touchpad, adjust to low sensitivity and restarted but I see no improvement. I googled it and found you can adjust the same setting via regedit. it was set to...
  9. Touchpad Sensitivity

Touchpad Sensitivity: I never thought I'd have to do one of these, but it seems like I'm the only person on the planet who's ever had this problem. This morning, I downloaded a Windows 10 update on my MSI gaming laptop. Ever since then, I've had an issue with my touchpad, where the sensitivity...
  10. Touchpad Sensitivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad Sensitivity: There are two places to adjust touchpad sensitivity on Windows 10 and my Lenovo laptop. One is Settings/Devices/Touchpad/Touchpad sensitivity/Most sensitive to Low sensitivity. The other, beginning on the same page where this adjustment can be made, is also Additional...